25 May 2018 • Accordingly to the new EU GDPR terms, I've updated the 'tou.html' file and Documentation. IMPORTANT: This means that if a User asks for his/her Account deletion, you must do it within 24 hours, as the GDPR's "Right to be forgotten" Article states (LINK: https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/)
3 April 2018 • Updated to recommended settings with Xcode 9.3 • Updated the 3 Facebook SDKs (because of Swift 4.1 release): FBSDKCoreKit.framework FBSDKLoginKit.framework FBSDKShareKit.framework
27 September 2017 • Updated to Xcode 9, Swift 4, iOS 11 • Set Swift 3 @objc Inference as Default in Build Settings • Edited 'getFBUserData()' method in Login.swift in case of no email from Facebook login • Added a 1125x2436px png image (iPhone X launch image) into Images.xcassets -> LaunchImage image set • Adjusted some views in the Storyboard, because of iPhone X layout • Edited the 'func showBanner()' methods in order to display banner ads properly in iPhone X • Unchecked the Runtime API Checking | Main Thread Checker in Edit Scheme -> Diagnostics, accordingly to this post: https://stackoverflow.com/a/44392584/3724800
21 January 2017 • Updated to Xcode 8.2.1 • Updated the User Guide • Updated GoogleMobileAds.framework and its relative code
Wally is a Universal app template for wallpapers where users can save them into their photo library and then set them as wallpapers to their devices, they can also submit new wallpapers to the admin of the app for approval. You, as the Admin of the app, will just have to switch a isPending variable into False in the Parse Dashboard or Adminca.com CMS panel to make the submitted wallpapers visible in the app, it’s super easy.
Since its backend is by Parse Server, you don’t have to buy any domain/hosting, there are NO PHP files to upload to a web server so you’ll save some money for server side.
Wally is written in Swift language, XCode project, Universal, Parse SDK hosted on back4app, easy to customize, User Guide and PSD files included in the package.
About Parse SDK and back4app
Read this article for more info about back4app and Parse SDK: https://hubpages.com/technology/Parse-SDK-will-not-shutdown-in-thanks-to-back4app
Can I host Parse Server on my own server?
Yes, although I don’t provide support for the setup process, you can read the official Guide here: http://parseplatform.org
I get a Code signing error in Xcode 8.x
That’s a bug of Xcode 8 with macOS Sierra, check this sample video to see how to fix it: https://youtu.be/z2LemT1_LqA
How to remove AdMob banner ads
Check this video out to see how to remove the code that shows AdMob banners: https://youtu.be/e-HQYnta2Jg Keep in mind that you must repeat the shown steps for every .swift file that contains this line on the top:import GoogleMobileAds
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code. Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
Should I use the latest version of Xcode to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE.
- XCode 9.x project – Swift – 64bit
- iOS 8.0+ – Universal – Storyboard
- AdMob banners
- Works with Parse Server hosted on back4app
- Easily submit your own wallpaper for approval via the app, with an intuitive user interface
- As the owner of the app, approve/deny wallpapers submitted by users
- Update Categories and Wallpapers via Parse Dashboard or Adminca.com CMS panel, so you won’t have to submit an update to the App Store
- Search for Categories
- Users can Login/Sign Up and add wallpapers to Favorites or like them
- PDF User Guide and PSD graphics included
- Easy to customize, well commented code
- Apple Mac with its latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Xcode and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- An Apple Developer account to submit apps to the App Store
- An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID
- A free account on back4app.com