July 20th 2017 *** MAJOR UPDATE *** • Added Login and Sign Up activities with Facebook Login, in order for users to sign up and interact with the new features • Added the following dependencies into build.gradle file: compile 'com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:4.+' • Removed the emailTxt into submit_wallpaper.xml • Added the following strings in Configs.java: public static String WALLPAPERS_LIKES = "likes"; public static String WALLPAPERS_FAVORITED_BY = "favoritedBy"; // Array public static String WALLPAPERS_LIKED_BY = "likedBy"; // Array • Added a searchTxt (an EditText) in the categories.xml and its relative code in Categories.java • Edited SubmitWallpaper.java, submit_wallpaper.xml, WallGrid.java, wall_grid.xml files • Edited Home.java and home.xml files • Added an Account activity with its relative java/xml files • Added a likes TextView into cell_wallgrid.xml and its code to get likes amount in WallGrid.java Added a sort by button in wall_grid.xml and its relative code in WallGrid.java - you can sort wallpapers by likes amount or latest added • Increased the height of the cCatThumb ImageView into cell_categories.xml to 80dp • Added a cell_categories_small.xml file (for the SubmitWallpaper.java's ListView) • Changed the App icon • Added a provider_paths.xml file into res/xml | edited the Image picked methods in SubmitWallpaper.java • Added a <provider> tag into Manifest.xml • Updated the User Guide
Apr 12th 2017 • Initial release, Android Studio 2.3.1 project, Parse SDK backend hosted on back4app.com
Wally is a Universal app template for wallpapers where users can save them into their photo gallery and then set them as wallpapers to their devices, they can also submit new wallpapers to the admin of the app for approval. You, as the Admin of the app, will just have to switch a isPending variable into False in your own Parse Dashboard or Adminca.com CMS panel to make the new wallpapers visible in the app, it’s super easy!
Since its backend is by Parse you don’t have to buy any domain/hosting, there are NO php files to upload to a web server so you’ll save some money for sever side. Worried about Parse shutting down? It won’t, please check this out: http://fvimagination.tumblr.com/post/153383547781/parse-sdk-will-not-shutdown-in-2017-thanks-to
Wally is a native Android Studio project, Universal, Parse SDK hosted on back4app, easy to customize, User Guide and PSD files included in the package.
Need an html template to promote and showcase your own version of this app?
- Android Studio 2.3 project – Universal – Android 5.0+
- AdMob banners
- Works with Parse SDK hosted on back4app
- Easily submit your own wallpaper for approval via the app, with an intuitive user interface
- As the owner of the app, approve/deny wallpapers submitted by users
- Search for Categories
- Users can Login/Sign Up and add wallpapers to Favorites or like them
- Update Categories and Wallpapers via Parse Dashboard or Adminca.com CMS panel, so you won’t have to submit an update to the App Store
- PDF User Guide and PSD graphics included
- Easy to customize, well commented code
- Apple Mac or Windows PC with their latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Android Studio and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- A valid Google Developer account to submit apps to the Play Store
- A valid AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID
- A free account on back4app.com
Important Disclaimer: We’e recently found out that some developers have bought our app templates, reskinned them just a bit and put them on sale on other source code markets similar to CodeCanyon, saying that they developed and own such source codes.
That is a serious copyright infringement, developers who buy our templates are allowed to reskin and sell them as apps on the AppStore (accordingly to the License type they’ve purchased a template for), but are not allowed to put our original source codes for sale on source code markets, including CodeCanyon. We will report developers who made copyright infringements to the competent authorities. Thanks.