Dec 19th 2017 • Edited the 'imagePickerController()' method in NewRoom.swift, accordingly to the new Swift 4 syntax
Sep 22nd 2017 • Updated to Xcode 9, Swift 4, iOS 11 • Set Swift 3 @objc Inference as 'Default' in the Build Settings tab • Added a 1125x2436px png image (iPhone X launch image) into Assets.xcassets -> LaunchImage image set • Adjusted some views in the Storyboard, because of iPhone X layout • Added some lines of code into SignUp.swift to save a default avatar image • Edited the 'getFBUserData()' method in Login.swift, in case of no email from Facebook login • Edited the 'resetPasswButt()' and 'loginButt()' methods in Login.swift with an AlertController • Unchecked the Runtime API Checking in the Scheme -> Diagnostics, accordingly to this post: https://stackoverflow.com/a/44392584/3724800
May 11th 2017 • Added an if statement into createRoomButt() method in New Room.swift in order to prevent users to create a new room with no title
Apr 30th 2017 • Added Facebook login button in Login controller and its relative code into AppDelegate.swift, Login.swift and Info.plist • Updated the User Guide • Added the Facebook SDK frameworks into the Frameworks folder in XCode
Buzz It is a Universal App Template for who wants to provide a mobile audio chat service where users can post audio messages in public rooms or easily create their own rooms.
BuzzIt is written in Swift language, easy to customize, native XCode project, Parse SDK hosted on http://back4app.com, Universal.
About Parse SDK and back4app
Read this article for more info about back4app and Parse SDK: https://hubpages.com/technology/Parse-SDK-will-not-shutdown-in-thanks-to-back4app
Can I host Parse Server on my own server?
Yes, although I don’t provide support for the setup process, you can read the official Guide here: http://parseplatform.org
I get a Code signing error in Xcode 8.x
That’s a bug of Xcode 8 with macOS Sierra, check this sample video to see how to fix it: https://youtu.be/z2LemT1_LqA
How to remove AdMob banner ads
Check this video out to see how to remove the code that shows AdMob banners: https://youtu.be/e-HQYnta2Jg Keep in mind that you must repeat the shown steps for every .swift file that contains this line on the top:import GoogleMobileAds
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code. Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
Should I use the latest version of Xcode to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE.
- XCode 9.x project – Swift – 64bit
- Universal – Storyboard – iOS 8.0+
- AdMob banners
- 3D Touch for quick options (iPhone 6+/7+/8+ only)
- Works with Parse SDK hosted on http://back4app.com
- Push Notifications for sent messages (the room’s owner will get a notification on every new message that has been sent in his/her room)
- Easily create your own Rooms and browse the existing ones
- Record your 10-sec message, replay and post it with just a tap
- Settings screen implemented, where you can share the app and rate it on the App Store
- Report inappropriate messages feature
- PDF User Guide included
- PSD graphics included
- Easy to customize, well commented code
- Apple Mac PC with its latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Xcode and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- An Apple Developer account to submit apps to the App Store
- An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID
- A free account on back4app.com
Have fun with Buzz It and don’t forget to rate it on your Downloads page if you like it!
Important Disclaimer: We’e recently found out that some developers have bought our app templates, reskinned them just a bit and put them on sale on other source code markets similar to CodeCanyon, saying that they developed and own such source codes.
That is a serious copyright infringement, developers who buy our templates are allowed to reskin and sell them as apps on the AppStore (accordingly to the License type they’ve purchased a template for), but are not allowed to put our original source codes for sale on source code markets, including CodeCanyon. We will report developers who made copyright infringements to the competent authorities. Thanks.