July 20th 2017 • Updated targetSdkVersion and compileSdkVersion to 26 in build.gradle • Edited the image picked methods in NewRoom.java and Account.java • Added a provider_paths.xml file into res/xml • Added a <provider> tag into Manifest.xml • Added a scale bitmap method into Configs.java, for better performances on old devices • Added a Storage permission request in the onStart() method in Home.java
May 19th 2017 • Removed all those lines in record.xml that were Not Sibiling while generating a Signed Apk
Apr 30th 2017 • Added Facebook login button in login.xml • Edited Configs.java, Login.java, Manifest.xml, strings.xml and build.gradle to implement Facebook login system • Updated the User Guide
Apr 22nd 2017 • Edited the 'signupButt()' method in SignUp.java that will save the logo image as default avatar while signing up, so the app won't crash
Buzz It is a Universal App Template for who wants to provide a mobile audio chat service where users can post audio messages in public rooms or easily create their own rooms.
It has Push Notifications for sent messages: the owner of a room will receive a notification when a message has been sent to his/her room.
Users can easily record a message by holding your finger on the record button, listen to the recorded audio and buzz it (send it to the app).
Buzz It is a native Android Studio project, Parse SDK hosted on http://back4app.com, Universal, easy to customize.
About Parse SDK and back4app
Read this article for more info about back4app and Parse SDK: https://hubpages.com/technology/Parse-SDK-will-not-shutdown-in-thanks-to-back4app
Can I host Parse Server on my own server?
Yes, although I don’t provide support for the setup process, you can read the official Guide here: http://parseplatform.org
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code. Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
How do I rename the app’s package name?
Read this tutorial to learn how to rename a package name: https://hubpages.com/technology/Android-How-to-rename-an-app-package
Should I use the latest version of Android Studio to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE and you also should make sure you’ve updated the Android Tools to their latest version by the Android SDK manager.
The demo APK crashes on startup
Make sure that the minimum Android version of your device is the one listed in the FEATURES section below. If the problem persist, please contact me by my profile’s contact form and send me the Logcat message of you get when the app crashes along with the steps you made to reproduce the crash. Please note that not all real devices print an error Logcat message, in this case just run the APK into the Android Studio’s emulator and you’ll surely get the red messages about your issue.
How do I remove AdMob banner ads?
- Enter the .xml files where there’s an AdView and remove its code:<com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/admobBanner" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" ads:adSize="BANNER" ads:adUnitId="@string/ADMOB_BANNER_UNIT_ID" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"> </com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView>
- Enter the .java files where there’s an AdRequest instance into its onCreate() method and remove its code:// Init AdMob banner AdView mAdView = (AdView) findViewById(R.id.admobBanner); AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build(); mAdView.loadAd(adRequest);
- Lastly, remove the play-services-ads reference in the build.gradle file:compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:+'
- Android Studio 2.3.x project – Universal – Android 5.0+
- AdMob banners
- Works with Parse SDK hosted on https://back4app.com
- Push Notifications for sent messages (the room’s owner will get a notification on every new message that has been sent in his/her room)
- Easily create your own Rooms and browse the existing ones
- Record your 10-sec message, replay and post it with just a tap
- Settings screen implemented, where you can share the app and rate it on the App Store
- Report inappropriate messages feature
- PDF User Guide included
- PSD graphics included
- Easy to customize, well commented code
- Apple Mac or Windows PC with their latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Android Studio and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- A valid Google Developer account to submit apps to the Play Store
- A valid AdMob account to create a UNIT ID for banners
- A free account on back4app.com
Important Disclaimer: We’e recently found out that some developers have bought our app templates, reskinned them just a bit and put them on sale on other source code markets similar to CodeCanyon, saying that they developed and own such source codes.
That is a serious copyright infringement, developers who buy our templates are allowed to reskin and sell them as apps on the AppStore (accordingly to the License type they’ve purchased a template for), but are not allowed to put our original source codes for sale on source code markets, including CodeCanyon. We will report developers who made copyright infringements to the competent authorities. Thanks.