Automatic capitalization/case formatting, blacklist/block text, read only and disabled fields, require matching or non-matching inputs, link removal, custom text replacement, HTML tag and PHP code removal, and before/after text appending ..all per individual field! Let Gravity Forms Auto Formatter sanitize, and neatly format your form entries with quick and easy setup!
See Full Feature List Below!
Let this super helpful plugin automatically take the pain out of moderating and/or formatting your entries.
Gravity Forms Auto Formatter adds: per field automatic upper and lower casing/capitalization of input text as well as first character per input or word capitalization, per field selectable custom blacklist/blocked word checks with custom validation errors and the option to reveal the blocked terms/characters to the user, simple option for making fields read only and/or disabled, the ability to require that the users input matches in 2 selected fields and/or does not match multiple other selected fields, and can automatically disable links, remove HTML tags and PHP code, auto prefix and/or suffix users input with per field custom text/characters, and replace specified submitted text with custom text ..all per field.
Whether you would like to just auto format the address or name with first letters capitalized, block problematic characters or offensive words, make fields data read only and/or disabled, require that the user inputs the same matching data twice for verification and/or require that the user enters different values between fields, disable links, remove any HTML tags and PHP code, auto add custom characters or text before or after the input text, or auto replace custom text/characters with other text/characters ..this is the plugin for you! Super easy to use and set up for hands off automatic formatting!
-Text replacement can also simply remove specified text/characters.
-For those who need parse the notification e-mails the before and after text can be used to easily add parsing indicators to find certain field data.
Supported field types: text, text area, name, email, website, address, post_title, post_content, post_excerpt, post_tags, post_custom_field
- Automatic case/capitalization options for submitted text per individual field
- Simple field options for making fields read only and/or disabled
- Custom blacklist validation checks with per field on/off
- Custom blacklist validation error message option
- Option to reveal the blacklisted terms being blocked to submitting user
- Additional custom blacklist validation error message for when terms are revealed option
- Require that different inputs do NOT match on the same entry. Allows for blocking users from entering same data in multiple fields on the same entry.
- Require that fields inputs DO match on the same entry. Allows for creating verification or double check fields of types other than “e-mail” and checks that the two fields match on validation.
- Automatic removal of link functionality for submitted text per individual field
- Automatic removal of all HTML tags and PHP code for submitted text per individual field
- Automatic custom text/character replacement with per field on/off
- Automatic custom text appending to submitted text per individual field. Both before and after text are customizable per individual field
- Uses both strict and normal text replacement options which can be used at the same time
- Uses both strict and normal blacklists which can be used at the same time
- Option to save existing plugin settings during uninstallation/plugin deletion
- Show/Hide button in form field options to keep field settings tidy
- Easy to read “System Check” in the settings page.
Simple instructions are directly inside the options page and inline field general option help markers.
Supported Field Types: text, textarea, date, name, number, email, phone, website, address, dropdown, radio, multi select, checkbox
*Not all options are available on all field types. Only options which are useful to particular field types apply to that field type.
Please see support page for plugin F.A.Q
Item is supported though the comments page
+ means “or any higher version”
-PHP 5.6+ (5.5 and 5.4 should currently also function but are NOT SUPPORTED)
-Gravity Forms Version 2.0.7+
Installation / Upgrade
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the plugin’s readme file for detailed instructions on upgrading between versions or initial install.
Current Available Version
Changelog (including near future versions)
Version 1.9 (currently in development)
* Bug fix for flashed php warning on submission if no data was entered and specific auto formatting was attempted on field type.
Version 1.8 (current available version)
* Added ability to select fields as read only. Read only fields can be dynamically pre populated and their values will be included on form submission.
* Added ability to select fields as disabled. Disabled fields can be dynamically pre populated and their values will NOT be included on form submission so they can NOT be required fields. This is useful to pre populate this value for the users information but exclude it from the form submission
* Added “Block Matching Values” to many field types to allow for form validation blocking the same information from being entered into different form fields on the same entry. For examples: 1. You can not use the same email or phone for primary and secondary. 2. You can not enter the same data in an text input as a website input.
* Added “Require Matching Values” to many field types to allow for easily requiring select inputs to match values on on the same entry to pass form validation. For example: Users entered phone, account, website, code must match.
* Subtle improvements to visual layout in field options
* Added plugin version reporting to unlocked settings page.
* Update author links.
* Added “System Check” functionality to “Settings->GF Auto Formatter” options page for quick reference of meeting plugins system requirements. PHP, WordPress, and Gravity Forms versions are checked and reported.
* Updated “Before/After appended text option” to check if the before/after text already exists on field data when updating and only add the appended text if its not already there.
* Added brief instructions to “Settings->GF Auto Formatter” options page.
* Added “Remove Links” option for automatic link removal of link functionality from submitted content.
* Added “Remove HTML/PHP” option for automatic removal of HTML tag and PHP code from submitted content.
* Added “Reveal Blacklisted Terms/Phrases” option with custom before message option.
* Added collapsible plugin options button to form field options to keep things tidy
* Added “Strict Blacklist” and “Strict Text Replacement” features for additional control.
* Added “Before Text” and “After Text” features to allow prefixing and suffixing field data.
* Initial version