Time your Gravity Forms quiz/form entries and set time limits! Add time limits for quiz/form completion with auto submission or blocked editing on a timer and record quiz/form completion times. Hide or show form fields and page elements when the form timer expires. The plugin can optionally show the user timers which count up or down for the total entry time.
See Full Feature List Below!
If you have a quiz or form that needs a time limit and/or that you would like to know the amount of time it took to complete, this is the plugin for you! Entry timer fields can be visible to the user or hidden, and if a quiz/form time limit is set and the time limit is reached, you can either block further editing, or auto submit the quiz/form as is.
-Entry Timer fields record the total amount of time taken to complete a quiz/form.
-Quiz/Forms can have time limits set for entry time.
-Custom user alert message when entry time limit expires. This can also be used to only give user a message after a certain amount of time without blocking or submitting the form.
-Quiz/Forms can be auto submitted on time limit expiration (read “Important Notes” below).
-Quiz/Forms editing can be blocked on time limit expiration (read “Important Notes” below).
-Ability to specify certain fields which are not blocked from further editing/upload etc when blocking editing of form on a time limit.
-Hide or show form fields and page elements when the form timer expires.
-Entry timer fields clock display can be hidden or visible to the user.
-Entry timer fields can be excluded from the submited quiz/form data.
-Timers count up or down.
-Timers are backed by a custom server time check interval to avoid users cheating with system time changes.
-Simple “System Check” to be sure your system meets plugin requirements.
- Inline and/or tooltip documentation for every option and setting.
- Automatic updates and available update notifications through the free Envato Market plugin.
-Setup instructions are on the plugin settings page and directly inline with plugin options and tooltips for users to be up and running in a couple minutes.
Imprtant Notes: The “Block Editing” and “Auto Submit” functionality of this plugin are best suited and intended for single page ajax enabled quizes/forms with NO required fields where users cannot enter invalid data into fields that would block normal submission or could be malicious. However, the functionality of these options will work on multi page and non ajax enabled forms as well. You can also specify certain fields that will NOT be blocked from editing when blocking form editing on the time limit. The “Auto Submit” feature achieves submission by bypassing all required fields and field data validation and is intended for single page quizes/forms where there is no possible custom user input such as open text fields or text areas that could be invalid or malicious. The “Block Editing” feature does not bypass validation but is intended for the same quiz/form types where any already entered data could not potentially be invalid and prevent the user from submitting.
This plugin is currently only authorized, supported, and legitimately sold through codecanyon.net. Do not compromise your sites security by unauthorized installs of this or any other plugin.
Gravity Forms Timed Entries © 2017 Plugin Owl.
Item is supported though the comments page
See the plugin settings page: Settings – GF Timed Entries
+ means “or any higher version”
-PHP 5.6+ (5.5 and 5.4 should currently also function but are NOT SUPPORTED)
-Gravity Forms Version 2.0.7+
Installation / Upgrade
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the plugin’s readme file for detailed instructions on upgrading between versions or initial install.
Current Available Version
Changelog (including near future versions)
Version 1.9.2 (current available version)
* Added CSS classes to allow for page elements or form fields to toggle visibility on or off when form time limit expires.
* Updated Precision Timer output to read as “X.XXXX seconds”.
* Fixed reporting of time stored in partial entries to correct for timezone offset.
* Updated instructions.
* Added “Precision Timer” option to allow timers to record fractional seconds with customizable precision.
* Automatic Upgrades through the free “Envato Market” plugin.
* Tested on WordPress 4.9.7
* Fixed issue with timer visibility when timer should be hidden.
* Tested on WordPress 4.9.6
* Changed Auto submit action to still show form/quiz pages as stepped through submission and also show same page confirmations.
* Removed main form timer visibility once form is submitted for ajax forms. * Removed the “Time is Up Message” if the form has already been submitted via ajax and the user is on the same form page.
* Improved usage instructions.
* Read 1.7 changes.
* Changed blocked editing setting. You must turn on blocked editing again for any forms using it.
* Added ability to exclude individual fields from ‘Blocked Editing’ on time limit. -Supported field types for blocked editing exclusion: single line text, website, phone, number, date, time, paragraph text, drop down, multi select, checkboxes, radio buttons, name, address, file upload, email, post_title, post_content, post_excerpt, post_tags, post_category, post_image, post_custom_field
* Fixed an undefined variable notice.
* Added better handling for non-numerical values in form options.
* Improved user instructions.
Version 1.5 (current available version)
* Changed “Time Limit” setting to be set in hours, minutes, and seconds instead of total seconds.
* Changed “Synch Interval” and “Time Limit” inputs to disallow non-numeric characters.
* Added visual calculation for time between when the Time limit is reached and the next synch interval server time check.
* Added Custom “Time is Up Message” alert message to “Form Timed Entries” in the form setings.
* Changed “block Edit” and “Auto Submit” form options settings to be removed when no time limit is set.
* Added “Countdown Timer” option to make counters count down instead of up
* Added “Auto Submit” option to auto submit after form time limit is reached
* Added “Block Editing” option to block further editing after form time limit is reached
* Initial version