16 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1.1 • Removed all dependencies of play-services | left only this one in build.gradle: implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+'
11 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1 • Updated 'compileSdkVersion' and 'targetSdkVersion' to 27 in build.gradle • Replaced 'compile' with 'implementation' in build.gradle (Module: app) • Updated classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.1.1' in build.gradle (Project:)
Fives is a 5-letter word game where you have rush and make as many words as you can within the game timer. Every time you match a word the timer decreases its time.
It has the possibility to add multiple languages, the User Guide explains how to localize the game and set up lists of words for different languages. The device will detect its current language and show the words accordingly.
Words are stored in strings.xml files based on selected language.
Fives is a native Android Studio project, Universal, easy to customize.
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code. Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
How do I rename the app’s package name?
Read this tutorial to learn how to rename a package name: https://hubpages.com/technology/Android-How-to-rename-an-app-package
Should I use the latest version of Android Studio to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE and you also should make sure you’ve updated the Android Tools to their latest version of the Android SDK manager.
The demo APK crashes on startup
Make sure that the minimum Android version of your device is the one listed in the FEATURES section below. If the problem persists, please contact me by my profile’s contact form and send me the Logcat message of you get when the app crashes along with the steps you made to reproduce the crash. Please note that not all real devices print an error Logcat message, in this case just run the APK into the Android Studio’s emulator and you’ll surely get the red messages about your issue.
How do I remove AdMob banner ads?
- Enter the .xml files where there’s an AdView and remove its code:<com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/admobBanner" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" ads:adSize="BANNER" ads:adUnitId="@string/ADMOB_BANNER_UNIT_ID" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"> </com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView>
- Enter the .java files where there’s an AdRequest instance into its onCreate() method and remove its code:// Init AdMob banner AdView mAdView = (AdView) findViewById(R.id.admobBanner); AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build(); mAdView.loadAd(adRequest);
- Lastly, remove the play-services-ads reference in the build.gradle file:compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:+'
- Android Studio 3.x project – Universal – Android 5.0+
- AdMob banners
- Share best scores on social apps installed on your device
- Easily create your own 5-letter words list
- PDF User Guide included
- PSD graphics included
- Easy to customize, well commented code
- Apple Mac or Windows PC with their latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Android Studio and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- A valid Google Developer account to submit apps to the Play Store