Astero WordPress Weather PluginAstero utilizes Ajax technology and local caching for fast loading of weather forecasts that supports a fixed location or user geolocation. Optional search function lets users look up the weather with a city name or zip code, and choose their preferred units! Create stunning weather widgets with animated backgrounds, custom images or a clean and minimalist look easily with the shortcode builder. Scripts and styles are loaded conditionally to minimize HTTP requests, and Html5 caching is enabled to increase loading speed and avoid API call limits. Use as a widget, shortcode, or both!
- OpenWeatherMap API Weather Forecast with Ajax (1000 free calls per day)
- Default Location or Html5 Geolocation with GeoIP Fallback
- Search by City or Latitude and Longitude directly with Shortcode
- Local Cache for 1 Hour
- IP Detection Only avoiding user Geolocation prompt with free Maxmind GeoIP Database
- Fully Responsive Layout
- CSS3 Animations and Transitions for Better Mobile Performance
- Supports Multiple Weather Displays on the Same Page
- Responsive Elements: Full Forecast Layout Displays Content According to Element Size
- Optional User Search Function by city name or zip code with a choice of units
- Supports WordPress Multisite!
- Supports Http or Https Sites
- OpenWeatherMap Languages Support (45): Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Basque, Persian (Farsi), Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Português Brasil, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Zulu.
3 Background Styles
- Html5 Video (.mp4, .webm, .ogg) – or – YouTube Background
- Original – or – Custom Image Backgrounds for 7 Weather Conditions
- Clean Minimal Background For Flat UI Design
2 Layout Modes
- Simple Layout with Fullscreen Overlay
- Full Forecast Layout
- 900+ Google Fonts
- Unlimited Background and Font Colors
- Set Overall Font Size and/or Temperature Font Size
- Customize Border Style
- Optional Rounded Corners
- Choose to Display °C | °F as Temperature Units or Simply °
Detailed Weather Info
- Full Screen Weather Forecast with Humidity, Wind, Cloudiness, Sunrise and Sunset Data
- 7-Day Weather Forecast with Temperature, Humidity and Cloudiness Information
- Choice of °C or °F
- Fully Translatable and includes all .mo and .po files
How to Install Plugin
- Upload plugin and activate.
- Go to Settings > Astero Weather, and enter OpenWeatherMap key (required).
- Optionally enter Google Map API Key. This is required if you use the weather search function, or use city parameter in shortcode.
- Create a new weather by going to Dashboard > Astero Weather > Add New Weather.
- Insert weather into your site through shortcode or widget.
How to Use Shortcode
- You must at least have created a weather display under Dashboard > Astero Weather > Add New Weather
- You can add the shortcode anywhere on your site. Example:
- Use a dynamic location with shortcode by providing latitude and longitude.Example:
[astero id='1234' lat='40.712776' lon='-74.005974']
- Use a dynamic location with shortcode by providing city and country code (requires Google Map API Key). Example:
[astero id='1234' city='New York, US']
Weather is not loading!
Please make sure you have entered an OpenWeatherMap API key under Settings > Astero Weather.
OpenWeatherMap API key is added but the weather is still not loading.
The API key may require a few hours to activate. If you have recently signed up or created the API key, please be patient and try again later.
Search function is not working.
Please make sure you have added a Google Map API key under Settings > Astero Weather. Make sure your site is allowed in the HTTP referrer for your Google Map API Key, or that there are no restrictions. In some cases you may need to regenerate the Google Map API key for it to work.
My Google Map API key is valid and working, but search is still not working.
If Google Map is already loaded on your site through your theme or other plugins, try going to Settings > Astero Weather > Skip Load Google Map and checking it. Google Map API Key is still required above.
- If you have anymore questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll look into your problem.