Pinterest API Widget – Responsive jQuery Plugin
Pinterest API Widget allows adding pins to your website very fast, using Pinterest’s API for retrieving user pins and pins from a user’s specific board.
Because it uses the API, results are obtained instantly (no web scraping). And everything comes with a code generator so you can easily generate your custom pin configuration.
The plugin allows multiple customizations over the pins being shown: fixed or responsive(100%) width for the pin container, custom height, custom pin sizes, custom number of pins (max of 50), showing/hiding “Pin it” button, showing/hiding Pin’s source link, showing/hiding/trimming description. Pinterest API Widget is also designed for bandwidth efficiency. Only the pins that you look upon will have their images loaded. For a nice effect, each pin shows a dominant background color of the image, before the image is loaded.
Also, you can have an unlimited number of widgets into the same page, showing different boards or user’s feeds.
- Display a user’s feed or board in a fully responsive widget with pins adapting to the display size
- Hardware accelerated pins with CSS3 transforms and transitions for unprecedented performance
- Smart loading of pins in view with pin’s dominant color in the background
Total control of dimensions
- Custom widget width/heights
- Custom pin widths
- Custom amount of pins to display
Control the information you display
- Show unlimited widgets in the same post/page
- Show/hide user/board feed header
- Show/hide Pin it button
- Show/hide pin source link
- Show, hide or trim pin’s descriptions