Nice Gallery is a neat image gallery plugin for jQuery. It offers different possible configurations while still being lightweight and easy to work with.
Here are some of its features:
- The images can have different appearance effects: fade, slide, quick slide, stack and none.
- The body can be set to have a constant dimension for all images or automatically resize based on the size of the current image.
- The description can be under the image, on the side of it or can be disabled.
- The thumbs panel can be under the images, on the side of them or disabled.
- The arrows can be on the outside or on the inside.
- It has lightbox functionality included which can be enabled so that images are opened in a bigger view when clicked.
- It has autoplay support that can be enabled so that images are changed automatically at an interval of time.
- Keyboard arrows can be used for navigation.
- There are 25 JS settings available to be configured.
- It comes with 7 templates showcasing the gallery in different configurations.
- It is lightweight. The minified JS plugin file is under 15KB.
- It is fully responsive.
- It has cross browser support.
- It has smooth and fast animations.
- It is easy to work with and implement.
- It has continued support.
- And free updates.
Have a look over the preview page to see the gallery in action.
This is the jQuery plugin version of the gallery. A WordPress plugin version is also available here.
Future updates and developments will be listed here and the files will be free for anyone who has purchased the gallery at any time.1.1 (02 April 2018):
- Added the possibility to have links on the gallery images.
- Added support for autoplay. A new setting is available called “autoplay” which can be set to the image display time (in ms) or to false.
- Added 2 new settings called “insideArrowColor” and “outsideArrowColor” to be able to control which of the default arrow versions are used in each case, either “white” or “black”.
Added lightbox functionality which can be enabled so that images open in a bigger view when clicked.
There are 7 new settings available, related to the lightbox:
- lightboxEnabled: If the lightbox functionality should be enabled.
- lightboxDesc: If the lightbox should display the image description text.
- lightboxArrows: If the lightbox should have the prev and next navigation arrows.
- lightboxDescHide: If the lightbox should have the description text hidden by default and shown on mouseover.
- lightboxControlsHide: If the lightbox should have the controls (close button and navigation arrows) hidden by default and shown on mouseover.
- lightboxControlsColor: The color of the lightbox controls (close button and navigation arrows).
- lightboxAnimate: The animation parameters of the lightbox.
Added 5 new methods that can be called through the code:
- open: Opens an image based on the order number supplied.
- next: Opens the next image of the gallery.
- prev: Opens the previous image of the gallery.
- startAutoplay: Starts the gallery autoplay.
- stopAutoplay: Stops the gallery autoplay.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the right navigation arrow not to be positioned properly when the image description was on the side and the arrows on the inside.
- Other small modifications and improvements.