Mapplic is the #1 custom map plugin on the web. Create responsive maps using your own images and svg vectors or use the built-in country and world maps.
Your site is powered by WordPress? Try the WordPress version of Mapplic!
Feature Rich and UniqueA truly unique software thanks to the long list of features like zoom and pan controls, multiple floor support, minimap, tooltip, lightbox, categories, filterable list and many more. Simply put, there is no other application with similar feature set.
Create maps of anything! Supported map file formats are: JPG, PNG and SVG.
Built-in MapsMapplic is the ultimate choice when it comes to world, continent and country maps. Currently the most requested 15 maps are bundled, but we are constantly expanding our online map directory with free, high quality maps: World, World Continents, Europe, United States (USA), Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom (UK), The Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, China, Brazil.
Other maps available in Map Directory: Austria, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Spain.
Use CasesTile based web mapping services like Google Maps or OpenStreetMap might not always be the best choice. Sometimes a less detailed, fully customizable map is what we really need, that’s when Mapplic comes into the picture. The following are just a few possible use cases that can be achieved:
- buildings: shopping malls, hospitals, schools, airports, public buildings or any building that is too small to be detailed on the world map
- illustrated maps: ski maps, isometric maps or any kind of illustrations
- temporary maps: camps, festivals or anything that is not permanent. Moving objects, like cruise ships can also have maps
- historical maps: maps weren’t always the same, display moments in history
- fantasy maps: RPG and other video game maps, anything that is fictional
Mapplic is perfectly suitable for touchscreen kiosk maps as well.
- unlimited landmarks: locations with unique pins and various actions
- unlimited floors: multiple floors are supported without any limitation
- admin interface: user friendly backend
- deeplinking: every location can be referenced by it’s own URL
- responsive design: provides optimal experience across a wide range of devices
- touch optimized: touchscreen devices, like tablets and smartphones are also supported
- well documented: detailed user guide is included
Update HistoryMapplic comes with free lifetime updates and 6 months included support!
Version 4.0.1 – July 6th, 2016
- IE9 bug fix
Version 4.0 – June 10th, 2016
Version 3.1 – July 7th, 2015
- SMART TOOLTIP - tooltip now repositions itself and it's always visible - 7 new built in maps: Continents, Australia, Italy, Switzerland, Russia, China, Brazil - thumbnail support - docs rewritten from scratch - edit map button - fixed container width removed - duplicate feature - possibility to link floors - tooltip scroll bug fixed - small CSS fixes
Version 3.0 – February 20th, 2015
- 7 built in maps: World, Europe, USA, Canada, France, Germany, England - new generation of interactive SVG maps (old method still supported) - deeplinking engine rewritten (hash > query parameter) - zoom buttons (+/-) added - map in container: fit or fill - mobile optimiztaion - retina support - hammer.js updated to version 2.0.4 - new pin types added - drag&drop fix: now clickable areas can be dragged as well without activating them - small design changes - landmark list alphabetic order - colorable landmarks (svg) - landmark actions (tooltip/redirect) - zooming can be disabled - small bug fixes
Version 2.0.1 – August 2nd, 2014
- text tab added to description editor - fullscreen bug fixed - IE9 tooltip close/clear button bug fixed - pin animation setting added - input focusing issues in Mozilla fixed
Version 2.0 – July 17th, 2014
- PINCH ZOOM added for touch devices - hybrid mode added (now you can have clickable shapes and pins on the same map) - developer mode added (easy to find x/y coordinates) - tooltip rewritten to support any data (ex. youtube videos) - tooltip dynamic width - tooltip dynamic height (with scrollbar if needed) - smart tooltip positioning - fullscreen button added - search feature improved - SVG tutorial included - hover tooltip added - pin animations added - ajax preloader added - new flat design - source code improved and greatly optimized - description field rich editor added - comes with three example maps - multisite bug fixed - field validations improved - landmark list visible on backed
If you like the plugin please consider rating it!