Live Events is a versatile live blogging plugin that can be used to cover sport events, conferences, political elections, tv shows, movie openings and more.
What makes this plugin unique is the fact that is not limited to a single timeline of textual information, instead each event supports:
- An unlimited number of timeline sections where you can add textual content, images, videos, tweets, or custom HTML.
- An unlimited number of statistic sections to display live statistics. This feature is extremely useful for example with sport events to cover information such as the score of the match, general stats, offensive stats and defensive stats.
- An unlimited number of comment sections to engage you users.
Great attention has also been posed to make the plugin completely customizable and with the included 95 options you will be able to change every aspect based on your specific needs.
Your viewers will be able to receive the new entries of the timeline, updated statistics and the new comments submitted by the users automatically, without needing to refresh their browser.
Use the timeline sections to update your users about facts that happen in real time, like the latest goal of a football match, the results of a political election, the scenes of an episode of your favorite tv show or the live commentary of a tech conference.
In a timeline you will not be restricted to include only text, the following elements can be included:
- Instangram Posts
- Advertising Elements
- Custom HTML
- And More …
Custom icons can also be associated with the timeline items, this gives you the following possibilities:
- The icons can be used to easily represent different categories of events. For example with football a ball icon can be used to represent the goals, a whistle icon can be used to represent fouls, etc.
- When a live commentary has multiple authors the icons can be used to display an image or an avatar of the specific person that is submitting the timeline item.
Use the statistic sections to display the statistics of the event, this feature has been specifically thought for sport events and it’s perfect to display and compare statistics with sport like football, rugby, tennis and more.
The single statistics can be displayed as simple numeric values or also represented with horizontal bars based on your needs.
This plugin gives you the ability to add a live comment system in your events, so you can engage your users and grow your community.
All the submitted comments can be moderated from the back-end. You can also limit the amount of comments that each user can submit or close specific comment sections when needed.
Consistency is a key principle in design and with the included 63 style options you will be able to:
- Automatically scale up and down the entire layout of the event
- Customize the color of each element displayed in the event
- Customize the typographic style of each single element displayed in the event
- Assign a custom responsive breakpoint that switch the layout of the event from Desktop Mode to Mobile Mode
- Customize the textual messages displayed in the event
- Determine which social network share icons should be displayed
In terms of funcionalities with the 32 advanced options you will be able to:
- Use the WordPress Transient API to save server resources when the events are updated live
- Determine the exact time between the requests sent to the server to update the events
- Allow access to the administrative pages of the plugin only to WordPress users with specific capabilities
- Customize the back-end pagination system
- Automatically limit the maximum number of comments that a user is able to submit in a time interval
This plugin can be used on a WordPress Network, and supports both a Network Activation (the plugin will be activated on all the sites of your WordPress Network in a single step) and a Single Site Activation (your plugin will be manually activated on single sites of the network).
Live Events comes by default in English and Italian, if you want to translate the plugin in another language simply create a translation file or manually translate it with a multilanguage plugin.
High Quality Support
Support for this plugin is provided in English and Italian directly via email by the plugin developer. If you experience any problems or if you need detailed technical info about specific plugin parts you are in good hands.
The official plugin documentation, including references to the video tutorials and the FAQs, is available in the documentation page published on our website.
This plugin makes use of the following resources:
- Chosen licensed under the MIT License
- Icons from Entypo licensed under the SIL License and embedded with Fontello
26.05.2023 - v1.34 - A TinyMCE editor is now optionally applied to the "HTML" field available in the timeline item 21.02.2023 - v1.33 - The location of the event can now be optionally specified - Minor bug-fix 07.02.2023 - v1.32 - The user can now specify the time zone of the event - Minor back-end improvements 12.07.2022 - v1.31 - The events can now optionally implement the LiveBlogPosting Schema 16.05.2022 - v1.27 - Back-end improvements 20.08.2020 - v1.25 - Removed deprecated jQuery methods 18.12.2019 - v1.24 - Fixed CSS issues caused by the changes applied in WordPress 5.3 - Twitter share button URL updated 10.09.2019 - v1.23 - Improved the front-end CSS 07.01.2019 - v1.22 - The "Event" block has been added 29.03.2018 - v1.21 - CSS specificity has been added in the Fontello stylesheet to avoid conflicts with themes or plugins that use Fontello 13.03.2018 - v1.20 - Auto-paragraphs are now applied in the "Content" field of the Timeline Item - When an existing Timeline Item is modified its time is no longer updated - Improved validation in the Timeline Sections menu 13.02.2018 - v1.19 - Initial release
Looking for ranking tables?
Compare individuals, sports teams, institutions, nations, companies, or other entities by ranking them in order of ability or achievement with League Table for WordPress, one of the best-selling table plugins on CodeCanyon.
Try now the powerful Soccer Engine plugin
Store, analyze, and display soccer data with Soccer Engine, the most advanced Soccer plugin available for WordPress.