Interactive US Map – WordPress Plugin
The interactive US map plugin gives you an easy way to install and customize a professional looking interactive US map with 50 clickable states plus DC, then insert the shortcode in any page or post to display the map.
- October 23, 2019 v2.3.x Added the option to integrate the map with 3rd party popup plugins (tested with Popup Maker “free”), so you can open a modal window for each state, watch this short Youtube video for more details. Also made minor CSS edits to enhance the map dashboard.
- June 19, 2019 v2.2.x minor edits to the map-style.css file and enhance the popup display.
- July 19, 2017 v2.2.0 Rewrite the plugin script, added new feature of “Bulk Edit”, enhance the map dashboard, change the map SVG graphics and the map shortcode, removed the shadow below the map, fix the apostrophe bug. [Requires removal of the old plugin and re-install the new one].
- December 10, 2016 v2.0 Multiple maps option.
- November 8, 2016 v1.x Minor edits to the plugin scripts
- February 10, 2015 #Initial release
How to update the plugin?Download the updated version from your downloads page, you can download the installable us-map.zip file or download the entire item zip file and extract it to get the installable files, then do either:
- Update via sFTP – If you have an access via sFTP to your site files, you can replace the plugin files with the updated ones. Go to wp-content/plugins/us-map and replace the files with the ones in the zip file of the updated plugin.
- Update via Wordpress Admin – Deactivate and delete the plugin from your WordPress admin “Plugins” > “Installed Plugins”. Then upload, install and activate the updated plugin us-map.zip file as a new plugin.
Notes about the update:
- The update is mainly to add a new feature and enhance the look of the map, so if you are satisfied with the existing plugin, you don’t have to upgrade.
- If you use v2.2.0 or newer version, your existing customization should be kept after the update.
- Remember, the plugin comes with 3 installable instances, so you can install 2nd instance us-map-ii.zip and test it before you update us-map.zip
- After the update, you may need to clear the cache files (Ctrl+F5) to see the new update.
- At anytime, if you have any issue or need any help, please contact us and we will be more than happy to help you.