Latest Version 1.2.1 – 28 Aug 2019
XPANDA – Responsive Gallery Content Expander Plugin is a jQuery Plugin that enables a user to expand the teaser item or thumbnail image to expand content related to the image. This plugin is built for all sorts of content types such as meet the team pages, image galleries, business services and creative portfolios.
Fluid, Fast and Flexible
The Flexbox CSS property has been incorporated, which enables a more efficient and fluid way of laying out, aligning and distributing space among the items. Flex values of thumbnail images are automatically calculated and applied, keeping the aspect ratios and will never crop the images no matter the dimensions.
Many Customizable Options
Easily adjust the number of items per row for each breakpoint you specify and their vertical and horizontal spacing. Choose if you want to display a Call-To-Action, enable the lazyloader, enable auto-scrolling to the expanded item, and many more.
Cross-browser Responsive Design
XPANDA items adapt to the width of the containing parent element and has been tested on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 11+, Microsoft Edge and various mobile browsers. Even specify your own breakpoints!
Built-in Image Lazyloader
A custom image lazyloader has been built into XPANDA for both the thumbnail and large images and no third-party plugin is needed with the option to switch off.
Slick sliding animations for expanding and collapsing items with smooth scrolling to active items built in.
Add multiple galleries on one page for seperating staff members and portfolio or gallery categories which all behaves independently of each other.
Support for the history pushState (browser history) has been added. Now you can easily share links to specific expanded items.
Support and Documentation
6 Months free support via Support Forum when you purchase the plugin. Extensive documentation available for viewing before and after purchase to help you use XPANDA to it’s full potential.
Free Photoshop Action
Included in the download is a free photoshop action used to blur and resize the images to a very low filesize to speed up the page loading time.
13 Pre-Built Examples to Use and Customize
Included are 13 beautifully designed, ready-to-use examples for quick and easy implementation.
Many more examples and features coming soon.
What people are saying
Easy to work with and quick, excellent support!
This is a great script and works great across platforms. Very well written with easy to customize code. Plus it can be used for so many different applications.
I had a question and the developer responded within a few minutes. Great Support!
Excellent plugin with excellent support.
We love your plugin and will most likely purchase more licenses to use on other sites! The flexibility is awesome and it’s pretty easy to understand the documentation and implementation.
I had a couple of questions as I was implementing and the author got back to me right away with quick and straight forward solutions. I have purchased several plugins and Xpanda has been the best from design to code quality and customer support.
Version 1.2.1 – 28 Aug 2019
- [Feature] – Added option to set the scrolltop offset in case of fixed headers
- [Feature/Bug fix] – Added a class to remove side margins to line up with columns found in css frameworks
- [Maintenance] – Upgraded jQuery to version 3.4.1
- [Bug fix] – Added support for backwards compatibility to jQuery 1.12.4
- [Bug fix] – Updated asset and info styling (flex order) to avoid hierarchical markup
Version 1.2.0 – 4 May 2019
- [Feature] – Added history pushState support for sharing specific expanded items
- [Feature] – Added option to have multiple instances interact with each other
- [Bug fix] – Fixed scrolling to expanded item bug that happened in some implementations
Version 1.1.0 – 8 October 2018
- [Feature] – Added support for multiple gallery instances
- [Feature] – Added sliding animation for expanding/collapsing with speed control via options
- [Feature] – Added scrolling to active item animation with speed control via options
- [Feature/Bug fix] – Added preloader to stop jumpy loading
- [Bug fix] – Refactored code to use promises for more precise callbacks
Version 1.0.0 – 5 June 2018
- Initial Release
Please note that the images in the preview, screenshots and examples are NOT included in this download. They can be found at Gratisography and Unsplash.
The fonts used in the examples are Nunito Sans, Open Sans, Amatic SC, and Roboto Slab.