About the WooCommerce Tax Toggle
This extension allows you to easily toggle between the taxed price and the untaxed price. The toggle is automatically added as a floating button on the left hand side of the site.
This extension allows the customer to select whether they want to view your WooCommerce products price including tax or excluding tax. The option chosen is saved so when the customer moves from page to page the prices are shown as per their selection.
The Toggle can also be added as Widget in a sidebar so you can control where it appears.
Cart and checkout behaviour are different from the rest of the site for a better user experience. In the Cart the tax toggle shows/hides the VAT and Total Order in the order summary. It does not toggle the individual items as this could be confusing for the customer.
In the Checkout the toggle is hidden because the Tax is displayed as per the checkout rules. EG. by what location is selected in the address.
The Tax Toggle uses the base country tax settings as per the Tax settings section. Please ensure that you have set your tax rates for the plugin to work.
Instructions for Install
Download the file The best way to install is via the Plugins > Add New Plugins section in the Wordpress Backend. You can also manually install as per the docs here (http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins). Once the plugin is installed please activate. After activating the Tax Toggle will automatically work.
The extension requires WooCommerce and Wordpress to be installed. You will also need to have your tax rates set.
Using the Widget
The Tax toggle is automatically added to the side of the page. It floats on the page side. You can disable this in the settings (outlined below).
You can also add the Tax toggle using a widget. Widgets can be added by going to Appearances > Widgets. you will find the tax toggle listed here as Tax Toggle. Drag this onto a sidebar and it will appear where you want it.
The settings which can be found in WooCommerce > Settings > Tax Here you will find an option at the bottom to hide the VAT toggle. You might want to use this if you are using the Widget.
I’m not seeing any changes – Please double check your tax settings and your product settings to check you have the taxed and unataxed amounts correctly setup. By default WooCommerce does not include a tax rate amount. This needs to be setup in WooCommerce > Settings > Tax
Change LogVersion 1.1.3 (APR 11th 2017) ============================= Future compatibility with new product calling methods – https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/wiki/CRUD-Objects-in-3.0 – https://docs.woocommerce.com/wc-apidocs/class-WC_Product.html Fix notices on wp_debug_display
Version 1.1.2 (APR 5th 2017)
- Change the cookie method to work with WC 3.0 - Cleaned some JS
Version 1.1.1 (Jan 20th 2017)
- Add Example Translation file (/translate_example.php) - Add more translations - Support variable decimal point positions - Support Currency Positions - Support various separator types
Version 1.1.0 (Jan 4th 2017)
- Made all strings translatable - Tidied code - Add span class to quantity to increase compatibility with dropdown carts on certain themes using JS to count QTY - fix https issue on some sites
Version 1.0.15 (8 Nov 2016)
Fix right to left currency symbol on variable product
Version 1.0.14 (19 May 2016)
Adds Currency Symbol to mini-cart / Fix
Version 1.0.13 (18 May 2016)
Fix to work with latest mini-cart
Version 1.0.12 (9 May 2016)
- Update for new WP – Fixes Variation non-sale being £0
Version 1.0.11 (31 January 2015)
- Regular / Sale Fix - Sale on variation update - Widget text as per settings
Version 1.0.10 (22 December 2015)
- Rounds numbers as per the WC settings - Doesn’t display the toggle for non-tax items - Shows both regular and sale price (with line-through) - fix notice for $wootext
Version 1.0.9 (17 September 2015)
- Displays correctly for custom decimal points set in Settings
Version 1.0.8 (14 September 2015)
- Updated Currency Position for right sided currencies
- Customise the Toggle Button text in the settings. Default will be Includes + TAXTEXT - Set’s default setting of tax included or excluded based on WooCommerce settings
Fixed currency bug with sidebar cart.
Compatible with WP 4, WC 2.2 and fix jQuery VAT addition on non-UK sites
Added From: to prepend to Grouped and Variable products so it indicates a range
Added ability to edit the VAT text in WooCommerce > Settings
- Fixed no appearance on some themes - Geographic beta work started
Small change to rename as Tax Toggle and not VAT Toggle