A quick pre-purchase question.
What way is this menu incorporated into the website?
Is it added as a menu item or a similar method?
Thanks in advance.
Hi. The plugin integrates itself with EXISTING search form of your theme. If you have such search field at your menu, then it is ok, no any action is needed. But if you don’t have, then we can help you to add search form to your menu. Just contact us via contact form after the purchase is done.
Hi again. Do you have another question about the plugin?
Hi, I have purchased this and left a comment with regards to integration
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
my client purchased this plugin, but we got issues when we click on the suggested product its not redirecting to the selected product but on the homepage, i thinks the issue is within permalink, as when i hover on the suggested product this is the url i get https:/mywebsite.com/?p=123 while my product permalink is like this https://mywebsite.com/product/product-name can you guide us here.
Hi. It is rare issue which can easily be solved. Just send website URL to me via codecanyon contact form (don’t forget to include purchase code)
I already send email via your form in guaven.com
Good, thanks. You will get a respond just in 1-2 hours
I need this pligun for only find tags, and redirect for the correct product, this plugin work with 5000 tags?
I need something similar Woo Autocomplete Search Bar plugin… fast and simple… thanks!
Hi. This plugin does a search by almost all possible data and displays products/categories.
Faster than other plugins – indeed.
About tags. The plugin does a search by tags too, but doesn’t display tag names in search results
one short question:
Your search is really good! But we have a small problem on our site
When I search for a product ID, it will show up in the search list:
Example: Search for “Z_YS0008”. But when I click on “Show all search results (“Alle Suchergebnisse anzeigen”), the result page is empty.
What is the cause for this?
It is because your live search suggestions works on based our smart algorithm, but your backend search results works on your theme’s search algorithm.
Please just go to our plugin settings, and enabe BACKEND SEARCH there. Then both live and backend sides will work same.
If still any problem, please just email us via support at guaven dot com
I have just purchased your plugin ‘WooCommerce Search Box’ and am looking to incorporate it into my theme.
I am using a custom theme based on the parent theme Foundation.
Currently, my site does not use a search box so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Of course I will help. Just send your URL to our support at guaven dot com email. We will check your website and respond ASAP
couple quick question
1. Can search have a category limiting list/dropdown?
2. Can it allow for misspellings and plural vs single variations?
1. Live search box gives results for all categories. But if your theme has category limiting dropdown, then we can make some customization for you where search results would consider dropdown chosen category.
2. I couldn’t understand this. But the plugin can search for variations too.
2. If I search for shirts, I should get result for shirts AND shirt
2. also if I search for shrit (bad spelling), I should see results for shirt
it comes with visual drop down, but the results do not work.
What would it take to actually have a working search result for this where if I select? will you send us info on customize or a version/fix or …?
2. yes, of course. shirts and shrit will give the normal result.
i have just added sample product for you, please type shrit and shirts and check it: http://guaven.com/demos/woocommerce-search-box/
great #2 seems perfect
1. After purchase i can send you customized version in 1 day. In that custom branch your theme’s selectbox dropdown would be considered in both live search and backend search result (which appears after pressing enter button). And both backend and frontend result would work the same.(misspellings, search by all possible data etc..)
we will decide asap
I bought the plugin. I am also the guy (seaus) who asked about the category/sub category issue
You said earlier
“1. After purchase i can send you customized version in 1 day. In that custom branch your theme’s selectbox dropdown would be considered in both live search and backend search result (which appears after pressing enter button). And both backend and frontend result would work the same.(misspellings, search by all possible data etc..)”
Please contact us via support at guaven dot com. So we would be able to discuss website details there.
Here is quick answer for some questions by you:
Subcats are shown by your theme, and your theme should have some option which enables subcats to be shown.
Final results show same smart result if you enable BACKEND SEARCH option in our plugin settings page.
Backend search is checked. Results do not work correctly
Suggestions ignore categories in dropdown
Opened a case 3 days ago. Received no reply
We have replied at the same day when you wrote. Haven’t you got our respond? Can you check spam box?
You said you were working on dropdown, and we wrote that
“ok, let me know when dropdown is ready. after that i would customize the plugin for that dropdown component and it would consider its chosen value.
about current state: i have checked, everything seems ok. for example i typed polis bible, which is incorret(it should be polish bible), and both front and back search shows normal relevant results”
i will reply your second mail now. Please check spam box if you don’t get it at inbox
I just bought your WooCommerce Search Box plugin. And I am looking for this changes.
My site : https://www.xxxx.com
1) When the search results are displayed products are getting linked to
2) I have enabled attributes in the backend. And I used one of our attribute call location. And in location attribute we have value called texas. If I use that value in the search box I am getting results. But if it is getting combined with some other “texas products” results are not showing.
Is there any way to show results if any of the search term matches ?
And I should say that this is an awesome plugin.
3) If there is an product “apple iphone 6s” and if users search for “appleiphone” results are not showing.
1. it is for making cache data size smaller. we can easily change it for you if ?p=N format doesn’t work in your website.
2. Does your product title or meta data contain the word “products”.
We have added it to new version which is under development now and will be available soon. It will “understand” some common words(such as products,items,conjunctives or suffixes)
3. appleiphone – strange, but it had to give a result. please check this screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5b1yh6a3wpcsyy/Screenshot%20from%202017-03-12%2023-58-55.png?dl=0
1) Do the changes we need , will reduces the speed of the results ?
2) no , it wont , but i believe it will be better to show results if it matches few words in the query
3) Yes for us also it is showing in results. But when we press enter it is not showing in the results page.
1. It can reduce speed, but you will not feel it.
2. in new version we will have such imrpovement.
3. If you have enabled backend search option, it should give same result with frontend live search. If you are sure that you have enabled backend search and strill no success, then send your url to our support at guaven dot com email please, we will check it
Hello, I use avada theme, but could not make the plugin work, it does not work, it does not work online, I wonder what can be done to work? Simply use as plugin installed
after installing you just need to go
and press to REBUILD CACHE.
It is first initialization and doesn’t need to be repeated each time.
I already did this did not work either
Then please, just contact us via support at guaven dot com and write yout website url there.
We will quickly check it and give you the needed instructions
Hello and thanks for the great plugin.
Just a quick question.I just noticed that there is an update in the changelog (ver 1.5.4) but I do not see any update pending at the backend of my site.I have the version 1.5.3 installed. Does this plugin updates via ftp or have I forgotten to insert my purchase code somewhere at the settings?
Hi. Thanks for your comment and thoughts
Currently the plugin is updated via ftp only. We push email notification only then there is critical fix or brand new feature.
That’s why you haven’t got notification after 1.5.3.
P.s. we will push new 1.6 version in 4-5 days.
Thanks for the quick answers and the tip!
I am afraid that I have to bother you a little bit more…
1.Updating via ftp does not change any of the plugin settings right?
2.I just confirmed a complaint from my client that I think needs to be addressed. Enabling this plugin, disables the default woocommerce functionality to search products by sku in the backend. I think that this is a great disadvantage for shop managers, especially for sites with a large number of products.
1. yes, it doesn’t change any data or setting. you just may need REBUILD THE CACHE which takes 10-30 seconds.
2. Really? We can easily fix it, but first we need to make sure that there is such bug.
Again, thanks for the quick reply. About the SKU matter, debugging my client’s problem I noticed that disabling the plugin restores default woocommerce functionality
Currently i am testing in 2 local environments. Search by SKU works in both cases – in both installs the plugin is active.
so let’s just update the plugin to the latest version. just contact us via contact form in codecanyon and i will send you the latest 1.6 version
Thank you Guaven, great support as always.
Problem solved. For anyone reading this thread, SKU problem was not plugin related. Error at server configuration was causing the issues
You are welcome!
i’m using Flatsome and it isn’t replacing the search box with your one. how can i do this?
ok i fixed it by changing some settings. thanks
Thx for a plugin!)
we have a small problem – when we activate your plugin users with iphone4 and ipad mini cant load our site… they can see only unlimited preload.
site is lerba.ru, plugin now is deactivate….
can you help us?
thx a lot)
I will try to find one of those old devices tomorrow and to test it with our plugin
After updating the plugin it is not working on Firefox or IE.
Hi. We have already fixed it and pushed the update. But update approval takes 2-3 days here. Please tell me your email, i will send fixed version there.
Great. Send it to email@example.com
I just bought the product but it does not seem to work. I have tried to search by product name or sku# and it does not bring up any relevant info. Is this search box using the existing WP search box? How do I get this to work and search my products by attributes, sku#, etc? Can you advise?
After installing for first time init you need to BUILD THE CACHE. You can see corresponding blue button and wp-admin top bar. Or you can enter wp-admin->woocommerce->search suggestions page and rebuild the cache there.
After that it would work.
If still there is some problem, just email us via support at guaven dot com email. We will immediately check your website and send you the needed instruction
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $16
Unlimited downloads only
$29 p/m on Envato Elements
Download over 18,000 items now
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work