uCloud enables freelancers, small businesses (such as media agencies) and webmasters to easily share their files online. It’s been built to be extremely robust, secure and very fast!
- NEW Internally shared folders. Share any folder with other registered users and enable them to view, upload and download files.
- NEW PHP7 support.
- Multi-file uploader with progress. 5GB+ filesize supported.
- Images previewed before upload. File icons shown for each file before upload.
- Percentage progress, size remaining, upload speed and time remaining.
- Background uploading of files. Continue to manage your account while files are being uploaded.
- Drag & Drop into the browser to begin uploading.
- Send via email option once uploaded.
- Copy folder url to the clipboard link.
- Built in url shortener.
- Support for multiple file servers.
- File details page with the following:
- Full path to the file.
- HTML code to directly copy into a website.
- Forum code to directly copy into a forum.
- Link to view statistics for the file.
- Link to remove the file.
- Links to share with common social media sites; Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Link to share via email.
- NEW Login with your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ Account (optional setting via admin).
- NEW User registration page.
- Built using ajax so the entire file manager is lightning fast!
- Thumbnails generated for images & pdf files (requires imagemagick)
- File previews for a huge amount of files:
- Images – jpg, jpeg, png, gif (static), wbmp
- Documents – doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, pages, ai, psd, tiff, dxf, svg, eps, ps, ttf, otf, xps
- Videos – mp4, flv, ogg
- Audio – mp3
- Caching of image thumbnails for fast load times.
- Right-click menu options on each file & folder to quickly manage the options.
- Powerful search widget. Quickly shows you files and folders which match your search.
- Advanced search to find files by upload date and folder.
- Requires account to upload and manage files. (admin controlled)
- 2 view options for files:
- Icon view – showing file thumbnails.
- List view.
- Full screen mode.
- Sort file listing by filename, file size, date uploaded, last access and total downloads.
- Change the amount of files shown per page.
- Download an entire folder as a zip file.
- Duplicate file(s) option.
- Rename, move & delete file options.
- NEW Watermarking of images by folder option. Upload a png watermark, set the position and padding. This can then be enabled by folder. Use this to share ‘proof’ copies of images to customers without giving the user full access to the image.
- Built in support for xSendFile & xAccelRedirect! Big improvements on server performance if enabled.
- Files are stored securely on your web host. They are renamed without the extension on upload and placed inside a folder which can’t be accessed directly.
- Downloads are done using a secure access hash which expire after use. The same download link can not be used multiple times.
Detailed File Statistics:
- Daily, weekly, monthly downloads.
- Referring sites.
- Visiting countries.
- Visiting browsers.
- Visiting operating systems.
- Links to share files & folders via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & more.
- If a folder is set as private, generate a unique url to enable someone without an account to access it.
- Send via email option on all folders.
- NEW Option to hide or show the download button when sharing folders.
- NEW Option to allow or disable downloading of all files within a shared folder.
- Account password stored using SHA256 & PBKDF2 key extender.
- Set file folders and private or public.
- Set passwords on file folders.
- IP blacklisting – block IP addresses from using the site.
- Support for https.
- Externally tested for XSS and SQL injection attacks.
- Written for PHP5.3+.
- 100% full source code.
- Easy installation.
- Fully customisable.
- Modern template. (easily customise and create additional ones)
- Simple, clean, ajax style look and feel.
- Separate dedicated admin area.
- Dashboard detailing downloads and active files.
- Search files.
- Disable files.
- NEW Support for multiple languages. Automatic language translation via Google Translation API. Note: This may incur additional charges for using their API.
- Manage users and filter by user files.
- Manage blocked IPs.
- Manage site settings.
- Set and manage file servers.
- Configure to use specific file server or the one with most space.
- Set template.
- Amend account expiry date.
- Set user account settings:
- Days to keep inactive files.
- Maximum upload filesize.
- and more.
- Option to set the filename on the download url.
- Modern Ajax interface.
- NEW Via the admin area easily set the logo, extra css and site skin.
- NEW Automatic language translations via Google Translate API. Translate the entire site content to another language by clicking a button. Note: Requires a Google API key. Menually edited translations can be marked as ‘locked’ so they’re not overwritten.
- NEW Added option in admin to block the same file from being re-uploaded. Optional on file remove and automatic after removal on abuse reports.
- NEW Added admin “impersonate user” option, so admin users can login as any other user account.
- NEW Added new admin page for backing up the database and codebase. Functionality also built in preparation for automatic upgrades at a later date.
Admin Account/AreaYou can see a demo of admin area by logging in with username: admin and password: password, note that destructive actions like deleting and editing are disabled on demo site and admin account will be reset every day.
- PHP 5.3+
- MySQL 5+ with 1 empty database
- PHP PDO MySQL Extension
- PHP GD Extension (normally enabled as standard)
- PHP MCrypt Extension
- Apache with Rewrite Module or Nginx
18th January 2017 – v1.3.4
- Update of PHPMailer to fix recently announced security issue - https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/releases/tag/v5.2.22
17th November 2016 – v1.3.2
- Minor fix for issues with FTP storage server sometimes not selecting on upload. - Minor fix for the default upload view after creating a folder in the root. NOTE: To apply this patch copy these files to your install: /core/includes/uploader.class.php /themes/cloudable/templates/ajax/_account_add_edit_folder.process.ajax.php
2nd November 2016 – v1.3.1
- Minor fix for duplicate folder listing on internally shared folders. NOTE: To apply this patch copy this file to your install: /themes/cloudable/templates/ajax/_load_album.php
14th October 2016 – v1.3
- Internally shared folders. Share any folder with other registered users and enable them to view, upload and download files. - Added support for default albums on new account creation/registration. Can be set via the admin, site settings. - Improvements to stats logging performance and sync between the stats count and file.visits value. - Admin Area: --- Added option to bulk remove files by copying and pasting a list of urls. --- Fix to add/edit user password setting. Now uses the global password rules. - Fixed admin area 12 months new files chart. - Improvement to ipToCountry checking for larger IP ranges. - Better support for prepared arguments in the database layer. - Various improvements and minor bug fixes. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See \install\resources\upgrade_sql_statements\v1.2.3 - v1.3.sql
29th May 2016 – v1.2.3
- Changed name of script to uCloud. There are no code changes in this release.
11th April 2016 – v1.2.1
- Fix to issue with sharing on private folders not working. - Fix to remove use of depreciated function within coreFunctions.class.php for PHP7. - Fix to admin add/edit user password setting. Now uses the global password rules. - Added sql commands to enable captcha api keys within site settings. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See \install\resources\upgrade_sql_statements\v1.2 - v1.2.1.sql
18th March 2016 – v1.2
- PHP7 support. - Login with your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ Account (optional setting via admin). - User registration page and relating admin settings: --- Whether to enable or disable the registration form. --- Whether to display the captcha on the site registration form. --- Block email address domains from registering. Comma separated list of domains. --- Block usernames from the registration page. - Automatic language translations via Google Translate API. Translate the entire site content to another language by clicking a button. Note: Requires a Google API key. Menually edited translations can be marked as 'locked' so they're not overwritten. - Added support for username and password protected http & ftp urls. In the format ftp://user:email@example.com/filename.txt. - Improved session handling and how regularly the sessions are cleared from the database. - Reduced the amount of data stored in each session for bettter performance, from (up to) 65k to just over 1k. - Updated IP to Country data and added admin script to update the data as needed. (see the top of /core/includes/ip2Country.class.php) - Improved right 'next page' arrow positioning when viewing files. Allows for easier scrolling of documents. - Allowed for files to be dragged into folder icons on the main view. - Added menu down arrow on folder icons. - Admin Area: --- Added option in admin to block the same file from being re-uploaded. Optional on file remove and automatic after removal on abuse reports. --- Added admin "impersonate user" option, so admin users can login as any other user account. --- Added new admin page for backing up the database and codebase. Functionality also built in preparation for automatic upgrades at a later date. --- Admin option to set blocked keywords within the filename on file uploads. --- Added option to temporarily disable file uploads globally via the admin area, site settings. Uploads will still function for admin accounts. --- Added option to temporarily disable file downloads globally via the admin area, site settings. Downloads will still function for admin accounts. - Fixed issue with file move between external file servers. - Various other UI fixes and improvements. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See \install\resources\upgrade_sql_statements\v1.1 - v1.2.sql
21st January 2016 – v1.1
- Added watermarking of images by folder option. Upload a png watermark, set the position and padding. This can then be enabled by folder. Use this to share 'proof' copies of images to customers without giving the user full access to the image. - Added an option to hide or show the download button when sharing folders. - Automatic language translations via Google Translate API. Translate the entire site content to another language by clicking a button. Note: Requires a Google API key. - Added admin, theme settings option to add custom CSS code. This is kept between upgrades of the code. - Added admin, theme settings option to set the logo on the publicly shared pages. - Support for previewing animated gifs. - Added 'download all images' as zip file option when folder is shared. - Fix to hide OG image if file is set as private or requires a password. - Reduced the maximum size of portrait images when previewing, better fit for common screen resolutions. - Improved UI layout on mobile preview of images. - Other minor updates and improvements. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See \install\resources\upgrade_sql_statements\v1.0 - v1.1.sql
8th January 2016 – v1.0
- Initial release.