Easy to use free and open source web based double entry accounting software written in PHP – MySQL
The Accountant – General Ledger Accounting System is a secure cloud based double entry accounting system enabling organizations and individuals to manage their financial accounts with multiple companies. You can create and manage accounts under specific company. You can create multiple users and give them access to a particular company or companies. The Accountant allows you to create/post Journal Vouchers. Print all necessary reports such as:
- General Ledger Summary
- Vouchers Summary
- Trial Balance
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheets
The Accountant has been developed in PHP Codeignitor framework & MySql database enabling easy setup & easy maintainability. It is cloud based system allowing you to access your company accounts from everywhere on the go.
- Free and Open Source under MIT License
- No setup required
- Works on “Shared Hosting” environment
- Community driven
- PHP 5+ Supported
- MySQL Supported
- Chart of Accounts (Groups and Ledgers)
- Dynamic Entry Types (Cash/Bank Receipt, Cash/Bank Payment, Contra, Journal, etc)
- Ledger Account reconciliation
- Tag entries for better reference control
- Reports include Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, Trial Balance and Ledger Statement, Reconciliation Report, etc.
- Download Reports in PDF format.
- User Authentication and roles assignment.
- User Action logs for user activity monitoring.
- Full support for MySQL database transactions to maintain data integrity
- Support for multiple Companies/Years accounts
Update to Beta R3
1. Add new and faster featured form for Entries, 2. Some Minor Bug fixes Open /application/config/database.sqlite in any Sqlite DB viewer and run the following queries, ALTER TABLE `of_settings` ADD `entry_form` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'; UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Beta R3';
Update to Beta R4
1. Real-time synchronization in Ledger Entry when selecting from Chart of Account drop down updated when adding new new account in chart of account. 2. Fixed Date Range bug and print as pdf/csv issues in Reports(Balancesheet, Profit & Loss, etc)... UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Beta R4';
Update to Beta R4.5
1. Fixed Date Range bug and exporting issues in all Reports(Balancesheet, Profit & Loss, etc)... UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Beta R4.5';
Update to Version 5.0
1. Updated Reports with much better looks, now the reports will load faster. 2. Fixed many minor and major Bugs and Error handling UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Ver. 5.0';
Update to Version 5.0.1
1. Fixed export to excel Bug UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Ver. 5.0.1';
Update to Version 5.1.0
1. Updated Codeigniter Version to 3.1.11 UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Ver. 5.1.0';
Update to Version 5.1.1
1. Fixed the ledger statement bug in all reports UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Ver. 5.1.1';
Update to Version 6.0
1. Major bug fixes, 2. Database changes - SQLite3 to MySQL, 3. Added Installer functionality, 4. Theme update from bootstrap 3 to bootstrap 4 and plugins update, 6. Better Reports - using WKHTMLtoPDF library 7. And some other minor changes.