Easy to use free and open source web based double entry accounting software written in PHP – MySQLThe Accountant – General Ledger Accounting System is a secure cloud based double entry accounting system enabling organizations and individuals to manage their financial accounts with multiple companies. You can create and manage accounts under specific company. You can create multiple users and give them access to a particular company or companies. The Accountant allows you to create/post Journal Vouchers. Print all necessary reports such as:
- General Ledger Summary
- Vouchers Summary
- Trial Balance
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheets
- Free and Open Source under MIT License
- No setup required
- Works on “Shared Hosting” environment
- Community driven
- PHP 5+ Supported
- MySQL and Postgres SQL Server Supported
- Chart of Accounts (Groups and Ledgers)
- Dynamic Entry Types (Cash/Bank Receipt, Cash/Bank Payment, Contra, Journal, etc)
- Ledger Account reconciliation
- Tag entries for better reference control
- Reports include Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, Trial Balance and Ledger Statement, Reconciliation Report, etc.
- Download Reports in PDF format.
- User Authentication and roles assignment.
- User Action logs for user activity monitoring.
- Full support for MySQL database transactions to maintain data integrity
- Support for multiple Companies/Years accounts
Create New accounts in new Databases. don’t use same DB for different accounts.
Update to Beta R3
Backup previous accountant and extract downloaded accountant to your server.
Now copy /application/config/database.sqlite from backup to /accountant_downloaded/application/config.
Now copy /application/config/config.php from backup to /accountant_downloaded/application/config.
Now copy /assets/uploads from backup to download /accountant_downloaded/assets/
Now open /application/config/database.sqlite in any Sqlite DB viewer and run:
ALTER TABLE `of_settings` ADD `entry_form` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'; UPDATE `of_settings` SET `version` = 'Beta R3';