This author's response time can be up to 10 business days.
pre-purchase questions: can I personalize the set of field that participants have to fill uploading their photos? can I use the same plugin for photo and video (purchasing both the plugin, in case)? thank you
1. Yes you can 2. No one plugin is for photo contest the other for video
I’ve some questions:
1. I’ve enabled the “camera model” and “Custom image field”, but when I publish a photo these fields are not shown (even if I fill them). How can I show also these fields? (the only field I can see is the description field).
2. It possible to add new custom fields? (maybe using the plugin ACF – advanced custom field)
3. It is possible to enable the html for the description field (in this way user will be able to write in bold, italic and so on)
Hello. 1. Please use official support form I can react much faster https://codecanyon.net/item/photo-contest-wordpress-plugin/8320636 Send me URL of your site 2. No 3. No it is spam protection. If you allow HTML users can add spam links or links to adult websites
HI, I’m interested in your plugin. Before I’ll buy it I want to ask you:
- It is possible to run more then one contest at the same time?
- I can see from the demo that when user upload a photo they have to fill different fields. It is possible to add more fields?
- Can users add more than one photo at once? I need to run a photography contest in which every author will upload three pictures (one main image and two related image). It possible for them to add the second and third photo in the description field?
2. Yes 20 custom fields are available
3. No. The user can upload max 1 image at the time. BUT you can limit how many images can user submit so it is possible to set limit per user to 3 images
I have a couple of questions:
1. How can users upload photos of unlimited size?
2. How can I access the exif data of the uploaded images?
1. You can not. But if you want i can do some code change for you. Just use official support form, https://codecanyon.net/item/photo-contest-wordpress-plugin/8320636/support send me URL of your page and create for me a temporary admin account send me those details also. And i will do that for you 2.there is no option for that. BUT all images are 100% integrated to wordpress so it is possible that exist some plugin for exif someting like this https://wordpress.org/plugins/thesography/
Hi, pre-purchase question. My client needs its users to vote on different categories (one contest per category). I went through your demo but I couldnt find the answer to the following question: let’s say I will go for a user ID parameter, will they have to login every time for each contest or the information will be kept?
Hi. It is not possible to vote only once in one category. The contest is set up so that is possible to vote for each photo once. The second question. Contest user is also WordPress user so user must login only once
Hi, really pretty plugin, I have some presale questions.
Thanks for the admin demo, very nice, answered many of my questions.
Confirming, it looks like we can not allow other users to upload on one contest, but do allow them to do so on another?
Can we hide the ability to navigate to previous/next image?
Can we set a default sort (example: random) and not let it be changed?
Is there a sort for title alpha A-Z ?
The Top 10 display, is that available in a widget?
Can we use our own facebook app, so the share info has our info, not contest.w4y.cz?
It says 10 days response time on support? really?
Hi. 1. Yes 2. No. But i can do some small change for you 3.No 4.No 5.Yes 6.No 7. No mostly an hour or max one day. 10 days is Envato default time range.
Thank you for the timely reply. So much for 10 days.
For number 2, I guess we can just CSS display: none that.
On number 4, you should consider Alpha as a sort option.
On 6, the facebook app, that may be a deal breaker. We’ve used that link a lot in our facebook marketing. To not have the facebook link on a shared image link back to us is not a good thing. Why can we not use our facebook app if we create one? This alone could keep us from buying. Unfortunate.
For number 2 -Yes exactly. For number 4 actually, you are the first one who ever asks me for that (i believe) About 6. Sorry i do not understand what you mean. What is YOUR own facebook app?
On 4, we may just have a unique issue where we are posting images ourselves, and we set the title on them and our users are looking to vote on a specific title. In that case, they would like to sort A-Z so they could find it easier. I think it would not be a big deal, but just nice to have.
For facebook, maybe I am not understanding. In cases before, I think we have created an app that showed a custom website link in that link area on a facebook share. So if the image is hosted on OUR website, will the link that shows in the facebook share be named as our website, and the link go back to our website?
Sorry, i still do not get it. What you describes is normal sharing on Facebook. The plugin fully supports all meta tags for social networks so it is OK to share any image you want.
I am thinking back to previous contests applications where we have used a custom link in that area of the facebook share that displayed “contest.w4y.cz” in your demo facebook share. There were also other photo plugins where we have needed to change that URL from the plugin author to ours for sharing
Maybe that is not a problem here. If your plugin displays the URL of the website that the image is hosted on, our website URL, in that area where “contest.w4y.cz” is displayed in the demo, then I am sure it will not be a problem.
OK. But it is not an image it is an ordinary font. So it is not storage anywhere than it is easy to add own link
This is an old plugin, with no hooks and no normalisation of URLS. Any plans to modernise it? Its very hard to customise, and all customisation if have done will be lost if and when its upgraded.
Urls look terrible
Ah ok.. Big Problem. This plugin, pretty much follows no Wordpress rules at all. Competition entries are not created as new posts. The competition entries themselves, can not be crawled or indexed, as they are not new pages. The canonical tag on the main page ensures that only the main page is crawled, an d I had to hack in a new
Really nothing like what anyone would want. I wish I had realised this before I bought it and spent so much time on it
Hi. This is not correct. Every photo in the contest is 100% integrated into WordPress so every photo is a normal post (attachment post) so every photo have own URL in WordPress (because every attachment has own post page).
Users, images, even comments everything is 100% integrated to WordPress by all rules. About canonical URL I will check that straightway. I am actually working on the new version so I can do it immediately. Thank you
1. This entry, should be a standalone post. Not some ?& page.
2. Becuase its not a standalone page, it cant be rewritten using Wordpress.
3. Check the canonical. Its http://wordpressseoguys.com.au/homecomp/. So the page, http://wordpressseoguys.com.au/homecomp/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=39 cant be indexed.
Everything I said, is true.
Every attachment in WordPress is a post. But in this case is the page showing image (attachment). So even if the images are posts you can show them on another page as the ordinary image. But they are posts look on standard WordPress post types https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types The canonical URL I will check today
standard posts… though no post created.. and not following post url rules for the site
It is created. But attachment post is not visible in post list on WordPress because it is the specific type of post. If you want to see it just go to Photo Contest -> Entries section and choose some image and hit EDIT .. you will go to post edit page AND because it is a post it has own POST URL (permalink). You can see it under TITLE (above the image). Because all contest images are posts they must have OWN permalink URL like every post in WordPress
dude. all i know. is the competition entries dont have their own, crawlable url. the url is a shitty looking thing not effected by permalink rules, like a normal post should. the canonical tag for the entry pages, is the same as the page where the shortcode is placed. own it. you took enormous shortcuts and the entry pages are not “posts” regardless you record an entry in the posts table. the entry pages can not be seoed or indexed and you have a one page competition plugin
You are right. In next version which comes out tomorrow or day after I will add special PHP function which set correct canonical URL for every image.
Pre-Purchase – I will upload images myself, I want to only have title of image show up.
1) Can voting be limited to email address or something else that minimizes how many times one person can vote?
2) If I only want a certain group of people to be able to vote (example: members of a photography group only), can I do that?
Looking for a Photo Contest Plugin ASAP
Hi. Yes, it is possible to do that You can hide everything Upload section and after, author, votes and views only title will be visible just like you need.
1. Voting can be limited by email address. But it is possible voting only once for each image with one IP address and one email account. 2. No. You can allow a vote for all registered users or for everyone.
Quick question; is it possible to allow viewers select multiple photos to vote for (ie; up to three at once) and then move the page down to an email entry form where they have the option of signing up for a newsletter before submitting their vote?
People can vote multiple photos but only one at the time. And there is no newsletter option. Sorry
Any way to have something like that implemented? Could you give me a quote, if possible? Thanks!
It can be possible do verification after every vote with email and checkbox for newsletter agreement. But it is needed some code modification
Hi, can I have the change log for today’s update?
Hi. Yes of course http://www.contest.w4y.cz/changelog/
How should I install the update?
I have a contest running and I don’t want to disturb it. Please advise.
Hello! Yes of course. Please check your email.
Hi. I get the following error when trying to submit an entry for a competition.
“ReCaptcha was not validated correctly!”
I have the site key and secret key for Recaptcha set up. How do I fix this?
Hello! Sorry support is only for buyers
I need to be able to charge people to enter a contest…as a fundraiser…can this plugin be manipulated to do this ? With PayPal and Mastercard Credit and Debit cards for payment
Sorry. It is not possible pay for submissions with this plugin
Hi there. I made comment earlier but was logged in with a different. I purchased the plugin with this account.
So, I get the following error when trying to submit an entry for a competition.
Hi, can you plz point me to how i can setup categories for a Photo Contest. I would like to have three categories for a contest – Age group 10 and under, Age group 11-18yrs and Age Above 18. Thx
I found the category setting. But would like to know if there is a way to capture the age of person submitting the photo as part of the upload form submission. Thx
Hello. Yes, it is. Just hit edit icon in the menu and set date of birth as part of the upload form
Can you tell me how can I increase the quantity of picture per page?
Hi! Yes. Just hit edit icon in the menu and select rows and columns
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $15
Unlimited downloads only
$29 p/m on Envato Elements
Download over 18,000 items now
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work