MultiTextBoxInput is a web server control that displays multiple textboxes for single input. It is used for serial number, SSN, IP address, phone number or other values that has multiple parts. It automatically focuses the next textbox as the required characters are entered. It also automatically focuses previous textbox on backspace. This control makes the input more beautiful, easier and readable.
If you need a jQuery plugin for the same purpose, click here.
If you need to generate C# data access layer for the whole database, click here.
If you need to generate C#/VB.Net data access layer for entity framework for the whole database, click here.
- Displays multiple text boxes for single input.
- Can be used for serial number, ssn, phone number or other similar inputs.
- Input can be restricted to numbers.
- Input can be restricted to letters.
- Input can be restricted to apha numeric values.
Width is automatically calculated based on the following parameters:
- The number of characters
- Input type (numeric characters take less space than alphabetic characters)
- Uppercase/lowercase characters (lower case characters take less space than uppercase characters)
- Auto conversion to uppercase or lowercase characters as specified.
- Auto focuses next part/textbox after the required characters are entered.
- Auto focuses previous part/textbox on backspace.
- You can specify the number of textboxes to be displayed along with a separator.
- Hint can also be displayed to the right of textboxes.
- ViewState enabled properties.
- Examples have been provided.
- Validations included.
- Source code has also been provided.
- Text: Gets or sets text of the text boxes.
- InputCount: Gets or sets the number of text boxes to be displayed.
- Separator: Gets or sets separator for each part of the input.
- Hint: Gets or sets a label that is displayed to the right of the text boxes.
- HintCssClass: Gets or sets the CSS class for hint.
- InputLengths: Gets or sets comma separated lengths for the text boxes.
- CssClasses: Gets or sets comma separated CSS classes for the text boxes.
- CharCase: Gets or sets case of the characters (None/UpperCase/LowerCase).
- InputType: Gets or sets input type of the text boxes (None/Alphabetic/Numeric/AlphaNumeric).
- AllowDecimalPoint: Gets or sets a value that indicates whether decimal point should be allowed for numeric input type.
- IsEmpty(): Indicates whether all text boxes are empty.
- IsEmptyOrWhiteSpace(): Indicates whether all text boxes are empty or contain only white spaces.
- IsInputComplete(): Indicates whether values have been entered with the required length in all text boxes.