Have any users tested HBook with any cache plugins like W3 Total Cache or WP Fastest Cache? The performance lags would benefit greatly from a plugin like that, but I don’t know specifically what part of this type of site cannot be served cached.
I am pretty sure that the Availability Calendar can’t served a cached page. (In my case that is only the accommodation type pages) And I guess any page where the reservation form is served and payment is made also must be excluded.
But what about the pages with just the booking form? Can those be served cached?
Any experience with this would be appreciated!
Thank you for your comment.
We have users who use a cache plugin but they need to exclude any page that display availability calendars.
As for the booking form, only when you show as well availability within the date pickers, the page would need as well to be excluded for caching.
How about the reservation page (where you are returned from making payment to paypal/stripe etc.
This is the same page where you have done the search.
Just to be sure I understand – I need to exclude every page that has a calendar, a search or booking form – right?
You need to exclude any page which has a calendar that shows availability, be it as availability calendar or in a search/booking form.
Just wanted to check what’s the situation with the plugin and upcoming GDPR law. Are we ready for it, will there be an update?
Yes, we are preparing version 1.8.3 and it will include GDPR compliance. All fine!
How easy is this plugin to implement into a Wordpress site? Any shortcodes? Is there any video for installation/how it functions? (besides the demo)
Thank you for your interest in HBook plugin.
HBook is known for being quite straightforward and easy to set up for a complete online booking system.
It works with shortcodes :
- [hb_booking_form] diplays a search/booking form
- [hb_rates] displays a rate table
- [hb_availability] displays an availability calendar
- [hb_accommodation_list] displays a list of accommodation types
We don’t have videos but a very good documentation: https://hotelwp.com/documentation/hbook/ and a knowledgebase: https://hotelwp.com/knowledgebase/.
Support is provided in English, French and Spanish and we are proud to be acclaimed for the quality and rapidity of our support!
(Looking for a theme that includes HBook? Check our theme Adomus)
My boss only speaks/writes Spanish. Can he make a question here in Spanish or does he need to email/go to a page. He recently bought a template, which was good, but like most templates lately, they use their own “visual composer” script.. (a custom system). My boss is used to wpbakery, so he ended using an old template he knows how to set things up, but now lacks the registration system. He is afraid of investing again for another tool, he knows little of. So, is there a place he can ask questions in Spanish?
Yes, I speak Spanish too! It is best to contact me through https://hotelwp.com/contact-general/ if he prefer to exchange per email.
I’m trying to create an Booking Rule for one of my rooms but can’t figure it out how to do it. Pretty much what I’m trying to do is:
- One room has a max occupancy of 4, but ONLY for 2 adults max at any given time, meaning that the 2 extra ones need to be kids, otherwise max occupancy is always 2.
How can I achieve this result?
Ah, one more question: Can I give a, let’s say, 10% discount for bookings made on the same day?. Kind of “last minute” booking get a discount. Thanks!
Thank you for your comments.
1. Occupancy settings are global and can not be split between adults and children. My advice would be to set the occupancy at 4 and clearly write in the description of the room shown in the results that it is for 2 adults + 2 children.
2. Last minute discount is a feature which is not yet implemented in HBook. We have in mind to add this to the discounts as well as the early bird discount where you get a % off if you book “x” days at least before check-in date. Since HBook is in constant developement, I can not guarantee when it will be added. Thank you for your patience!
If you need further help, please do not hesitate to come back to me.
(Looking for a theme that includes HBook? Check our theme Adomus)
pre sale question : hello i want to know the plugin is compatible with this pricing per person like this . they have discount for 3rd and 4th person
1 person : 28
2 persons : 18 + 18
3 persons : 18 + 18 + 10
4 persons : 18 + 18 + 10 + 10
In your example, you will set:
- room for 1 person
- room for 2-3 persons
- room for 4-5 persons
So my reply is “Yes, it is doable but not easily!”.
If you have other pre-sales questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Is it possible to modify the calendar so it doesn’t show the words “hbook reservation” when syncing?
This would need modifying the info added to the ical file. The line to be modified is in hbook/utils/resa-ical.php towards line 120.
you are absolutely fabulous. Thank you for sharing this info!
Unfortunatelythere there is no printing opportunity available from the reservation admin panel.
There should certainly have been opportunities for printing reservations as well as converting reservations to pdf files.
This is a big weakness in my opinion and hope you can find a quick solution to this.
With best regards
Thank you for your comment. I think we already discussed that per email recently, as well as other feature requests.
We are well aware that adding this functionality to print out the reservation and issue an invoice would be a great addition. We have it on our dev list for one of the next main update.
We are preparing version 1.8.3 of HBook but it will not be included yet. As you know, HBook is in constant developments and we have many features that we wish to add. We appreciate your patience in that regards.
In fact i never recived this mail for this discussed about print you mention in your last comment above
Hovever, i hope print function have high priority becuse it is hard to implement it in the backend becuse i have do so for a workaround until it is in your plugin.
I also have å wishlist to have possible to buye a housekeep module to your plugin
That will be great!
Did you receive my email that I sent today to you? I hope I did not got mixed up between two Trond!
Housekeeping module: Please tell me more about it in an email. I’m curious!
I am looking for a plugin to use for making accommodation bookings for a country house. I need it to do the following:
1. Be responsive for mobile.
2. Have an Admin interface where bookings can be managed, confirmed, deleted, and details changed if necessary.
3. Be compatible with iCal/Google Calendar, so that all bookings which are confirmed or deleted from the plugin, are automatically added/deleted on Google Calendar too.
4. Take payments (Paypal, and others if possible).
5. Send automatic emails to Admin when a new booking request has been made.
Can you tell me please, if your plugin can manage all of the above?
Many thanks for your time.
1. Yes, HBook is fully responsive
2. Yes, you will be able to manage, confirm, delete, edit the reservations fro the admin dashboard
3. Yes, you can sync to Google Calendar with iCal sync. It will automatically add reservations and you can set it so it delete as well automatically any reservation cancelled in HBook.
4. You can take payment with PayPal and Stripe. You can as well accept reservations with offline payment: bank transfer, on arrival… You can offer the choice to your client.
5. Yes, HBook can send automatic emails to the customer, the admin, .. when a new booking request is made.
If you have other pre-sales questions, please do not hesitate to come back to us.
Great, thank you!
The country house which this plugin is for, does not let individual rooms. You must book the entire house. Can the plugin support this kind of booking?
Also I would like a calendar of available/booked dates visible to the Guest on the website, where they fill in the booking form. Is that also possible? I have looked at your 4 demos but none of them appear to have a calendar displayed.
Sure, you will create 1 accommodation type which will be the entire house.
Yes, you can display an availability calendar thanks to the shortcode [hb_availability] anywhere on your website.
And the datepicker calendar (where the client select check-in and check-out dates) can as well show the available dates.
You can have both on the same page as you write the shortcodes to display the elements (search form, availability calendar…).
Does that reply to your question?
yes, thank you very much
Hi, I have another caching related question, your comment that any pages that include a booking form with date picker should be excluded from e.g. WP Super Cache made me wonder, what about CloudFlare? I set up all my sites to use CloudFlare but from what you are saying this could cause a problem with people making bookings that should not have been possible just because caching has been used?
URGENT PRE-SALE QUESTION:
I would like to purchase this plugin immediately if your plugin can do these things:
(1) I am developing the site for an owner that has 3 small apartments. Can your plugin do multi-location. If not, can the rooms be setup to reflex multi-location?
(2) We accept mainly offline payments. Can the credit card information be sent via email in the owner’s notification email. If not, can it be setup to do that if you tell me the developer how to do it or can we pay you immediately for this feature to be added via a PayPal invoice.
(3) Can I setup my options for breakfast, tours etc at least 10 or more so that it can be incorporated in checkout?
This is another followup as I did not hear from you We are using credit card machine to take off line booking and have to run it before the customer arrive or the same time so we need the information in the notification email.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $22.50
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work