26 comments found.
can you pipe files to google drive ?
Hi! Sorry, but Crumble does not have this feature. We will never support Google Drive storage, as this kind of integration breaches Google’s terms of service.
can support S3 ?
Hi Crumble uses GridFS (aka MongoDB). It does not support S3, as we will release another product dedicated to S3 management in early 2023.
If you want managed storage, you can attach Crumble to MongoDB Atlas instead of the default localhost installation: https://www.mongodb.com/atlas/database
For instructions on how to do so, please reach out at email@example.com
thank you for you quick response
Hello, Can we send large files Can we make categories Thanks
Hi! Yes, there is no limit on file size in actual installations.
The live preview is running in demo mode and has a file size limit because there are people out there who disrespect the work of others (random people uploading terabytes of files for fun). But your installation after purchase will not have this limit.
We have tags instead of categories. Each file can have as many tags as you wish and you can search through tags via the API.
You need to add more upload options likehttps://uppy.io/
Hi! We welcome your feedback. Can you elaborate on which options are you most interested into?
I have a short video app and need to use your system, but I have a doubt, my user uploads a short video through the api, can he get it displayed on my app?
Hi! Yes. You will need to use full urls (not short urls). Short urls are just redirects (most players do not support them). Full urls will work perfectly!
Hi! This is just to let you know that Crumble is for sale for the next 48 hours.
since Crumble can be used as S3/CDN replacement, I think each user should be limited by the storage size, bandwidth and storage region.
Yes, these will be the features of the next release. Presumably by end of August.
is this going to happen?
Hi! We are back from vacation and from being sick, the update will be worked on and delivered this week.
its delivered yet?
Hi! Our new website (including a new documentation template), a new product and a development plan for all products will be released by next week.
what about this crumble?
Bug fixing for critical issues (security issues) is guaranteed as always.
Regarding new features, It is in our current plans to update Crumble once or twice a year. This app did not meet its minimum sales goal, despite being very high quality. We can not afford more than that.
i think people interested with rich features, and storage & bandwidth management is essential for cloud storage&file hosting. when these features does not exists, people just use ftp, samba, etc …
If you are willing to subscribe to our updated VIP Patreon plan (voting powers on new features), we can develop the feature for you: https://www.patreon.com/honeyside
The updated plan is now EUR 19.99 per month (was 99 per month).
Deadline on the development of the feature would be 2 weeks.
each requested feature will ever developed or need some voting ?
all those patron for all of your products?
I checked, currently 0 patron
We had 5 patrons during year 2022, but they would subscribe just for the time needed to work on a feature (a month, basically) then drop the subscription. This is why I now just lowered the price so much.
If you request and we agree on a feature before subscribing, then it will be developed (guaranteed). Otherwise it really depends on the request (small features that can be useful to all customers are ok, huge changes that impact others are not).
the new feature region, need to input manually during add a new file ? how it works?
is the api compatible with new features?
Hi! The default region is “world”, otherwise you can input any string you want manually. Then, you can use the region field as splitting key for MongoDB sharding, in any way you like.
yes, would be nice Crumble by default could let user choose the defined region instead of free text input
Any new features?
We just released 1.2.0 (you’ll receive a notification):
- added url shortner (short urls)
- added region flag to both files and shields
- switched to the new navigator.clipboard api (the old api was not working on latest browsers anymore)
You’ll also find a very nice new Copy URL dialog.
Crumble is one review shy from public reviews. If you are satisfied with the product, please leave a positive review. This might increase sales and maybe bring the Stripe feature that you want to the market in the future.
Unfortunately Stripe is not available in my country
You should add proper plans and payments system. This application has potential.
Thank you! We will look into this after the next Clover release.
any plan for new features ?
Hi! A per-user disk quota feature development is in progress. Do you have suggestions for new features?
Bring the server storage region based into Crumble
Alright, this is a rather easy one, but you (as installation administrator) will need to know about segmenting data by location: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/manual/tutorial/sharding-segmenting-data-by-location/
Basically, we can add a “region” flag, then you can shard based on that flag.
adding url shortener would be great?
when the new version will release?
Hi! Crumble will be updated in May with region flag and URL shortener redirects.
Please keep in mind that the URL shortener will use a 301 permanent redirect to the shared file.
is release yet?
Sorry, it was a typo (June, not May). It will be released during the next week.
Apparently, when I wrote that comment 4 days ago, my mind was convinced it was still April. “Next month” is actually June.
how is the disk usage calculated?
When there is no files on any vault, the disk usage is already X GB
Hi! Disk space (used, available) is the only analytical data based on the machine and not on the content of the database. In other words, that’s the used disk space and available disk space of your whole server.
how much will it cost to add google drive as the storage server, bypass host so it uses my vps bandwidth and by pass google limit using google cloud api, client ID and secret if you need an example on how to bypass google drive limit and links let me knw
Hi! What you are suggesting is not compliant with Google’s terms of service. We do not provide help in achieving features that go against the law or against another company’s terms of service. In fact, we actually discourage you from buying the item, if such is your goal.
how to logout ? find no logout .
and the change picture goes to gravatar?
Hi! The button in the top-right corner is the logout button.
The profile picture in Crumble is managed by Gravatar. Gravatar is a global service that attaches a profile picture to your email address, in order to use it for different apps across the web.
In future updates, we will replace Gravatar with a Gravatar-like service provided by us.
cannot find the logout button either on your demo or mine
is this a bug?
Hi! Sorry for the delay, we lost your previous message. We investigated this issue and realized that the top-right corner log out button gets hidden when screen width is lower than 1280px.
Version 1.1.4 is now out with a new “log out” button in the user account page: https://crumble.honeyside.it/account
multiple file server like multiple ftp servers
multiple language and currency, invoice system, tax, storage region is an important feature, I requested having different vault options depending on the region and folders option in the vault, the vault can be public or private, billing and cost metrics how much will it cost bro I’m willing to work privately with you
Hi! Crumble supports scaling horizontally (multiple servers) through MongoDB GridFS. It does not support FTP at all.
Multi-language is currently not available but there is predisposition to add it with react-i18n in the future.
Invocing and tax will be added only if the item gets more than 100 sales.
Storage region can be managed through the underlying MongoDB GridFS https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial/sharding-segmenting-data-by-location/
Folders have been dropped in favor of tags, this is by design.
If you want a quote on a personal customization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. can you hide disk storage widget from non-admin?
2. do you have plan to limit user storage/bandwidth? when there is no storage limit per-user, what will happened when some user abuse the server by uploading a file exceeded the storage size or total of all uploaded files (all user) exceeding the storage size?
3. do you have plan for an user subscription ?
4. since this is for S3/CDN replacement, how crumble manage and deal with the server storage region ?
5. do you have example for PHP implementation?
I see you already purchased, but I’ll answer all of your questions
1. There isn’t an option for this yet, but we can certainly add this feature in the next release. Good idea!
2. This is actually very easy to do from an API point of view, but we haven’t added it yet because we could not settle on how to input the limit (like KiB, MiB, GiB, KB, MB, GB or with a dropdown selector). We’ll probably add a dropdown selector and a field.
3. We had a plan to integrate Stripe. Actually, the very first version of Crumble should have come with Stripe subscriptions. Integrating Stripe proved to be more complex than the estimated ROI on sales. However, if we ever sell more than 100 licenses, then we’ll add it. If you want to finance this feature yourself, feel free to reach out privately at email@example.com
4. Crumble uses MongoDB GridFS underneath, which already supports regions. Please refer to the following tutorial: https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial/sharding-segmenting-data-by-location/
5. You can import the Postman collection from the API Docs into Postman, then export each API call to PHP code (it’s a free Postman feature): https://crumble.honeyside.it/docs
1. Nice, when the next release
2. Predefine GB selector is good start and adding “other” Input field MB since from MB you can set into GB
3. I do not use Stripe. Stripe is not support my country lol…100 sales is long journey
4. Yes MongoDB is GridFS, but it will be nice if we can assign the user storage to X server only
do you think file versioning will come to crumble?
1. Next release will happen by the end of February at worst.
2. GB and MB might actually be confusing to most users, being that they are multiples of 1000 instead of 1024. GiB and MiB are the current leading candidates, but we might add both options.
3. PayPal is another option, but it doesn’t have the same flexibility of Stripe. Charging a usage-based plan becomes much more complex.
4. You can shard your MongoDB cluster depending on any key of the model: by user id, by username, by tags. You can even create a new key by editing the user model. The beauty of this solution is that it exploits all the good that comes with MongoDB, out of the box.
Crumble already calculates the md5 print of the file upon upload, which can be used for checking if two files are different and therefore for file versioning. This means that file versioning can be integrated and it probably will be, just not in the near future.
4. Even the MongoDB is supporting shard zoning, I am assume this is need modification on crumble code if we want to allocate an user to server X. for example X is a country.
Yes, you’ll have to store data about the location in the backend, then shard based on the location key.
Need an additional logic on store/delete/update method ? And some interface?
Hi! You can update the Shield model in src/models and the upload route in src/routes. Location coordinates or country code must come from the frontend.
Can I upload 20gb or something more ?? and how to mange??
Hi! Provided that the server that Crumble is running on has 20gb of available space, yes of course.
What do you mean, how to manage? Crumble is literally a file management panel.
I tired to share file but I got error??
Can you share the URL to the file? Or a screenshot? You can send us the screenshot via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
please have a look at here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/81u8r9vfv25bfra/2022-02-10%20%287%29.jpg?dl=0
Got it, we’ll track down the issue and release an update by tonight. We’ll keep you posted here.
Hi! Version 1.1.1 is out as promised. The issue that you pointed out is now resolved, together with some minor other bugs that have now been fixed.
That’s great! but still we are facing same problem!!
Hi! There was actually an extra issue with Safari (which doesn’t support the clipboard API) and has now been solved with a Safari-specific workaround in version 1.1.2.
hi can i integrate wasabi cloud storage so files are stored there at wasabi
and how can i login as the admin to see its features like smtp and users and payment method
Hi! For wasabi cloud storage, you can either edit the Node.js code yourself or contact us a email@example.com for a paid customization quote.
SMTP can be configured from a .env file (not from the admin panel), payment method is not an available feature. If you contact us directly either at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Telegram @HoneysideIT we’ll send you screenshots and videos of the admin panel for managing users.
i sent you an email, but your product need more stuff
What software product doesn’t? Features are being added and will build up over time
how can users share their files like a link?
A copy to clipboard button will be added to the Vault list page with the next update.
still waiting for demo and update
Version 1.1.0 is out!
- file links can now be copied to clipboard directly from the vault section
- bug fixing
Hi can you put the quick action in a drop down menu cause it looks funcky and how to change file thats been uploaded from public to private and from private to public
A file can be changed from public to private or viceversa from the file details. What do you mean by “funcky”? If you can send us a screenshot at email@example.com we might be able to help.
Can this script be customized and be attached to my website application built in php ?
Hi! The source code is included and you can customize it as long as you have deep experience with React.
Hi. Its be possible to search by description or tags? TNX
Hi! We’re going to add this feature soon.
is this for replacing and build similiar like S3 ?
if so, did you provide the docs for handle the operation?
Hi! Yes, Crumble can replace S3 but it’s not directly compatible with aws-sdk (Crumble uses a REST API instead).
You’ll find the full documentation inside Crumble itself: https://crumble.honeyside.it/docs