ChopItUp Live Chat with Firebaseis a premium widget that enables fast, stable and intuitive live chat for WordPress posts using the powerful Firebase service.
Live chat can be installed VERY EASILY on your site via any new or old Firebase backend. It serves as a way to enable open-ended and free flowing communication in order to create communities around a post, a site or blog. Not only is it easy to setup and easy to use, it taps into the way people already use real-time communication as a way of creating online communities around ideas and interests. We guarantee great support to help with installation or operational issues.
Simply install the plugin and drag the widget to your desired position; then viola! – you now have live chat.
- SHORT CODE FUNCTIONALITY: a short code can now be inserted in a post to determine whether that particular post will have chat or not
- NUMEROUS bug fixes and updates pertaing to Firebase backend.
IMPORTANT:ChopItUp Live Chat with Firebase only works for WordPress 4.1 and later versions.
- Very intuitive, fast and stable chat built on modern mainstream technology
- Desktop and mobile enabled
- Live-chat for posts – tabs for users and chats are used to navigate a very easy to use widget
- Public and private chat features
- Typing indicator available
- The widget can be positioned on the sidebar or at the bottom (footer) like a traditional chat box
- User search available
- Can work fine with a free Firebase account
- Automatic anonymity unless user signs in on site
- Online/Offline indicator for users
- User search available
- Compatible with WordPress 4.1 and later
- Very clean and well documented code
- User names with join and leave capability
- Notifications – sounds and badges
- Currenty online users are grouped together and easy to find
LimitationsAlthough the plugin works well on both positions (in the sidebar and at the bottom of a page as a traditional chat box), there have been situations where:
a) A theme’s sidebar is thin and the widget is not very aesthetically pleasing.
b) When positioned at the bottom, the chat box’s colors may be off.
This situation, where one positioning option is better than another, is a rarity – generally, the plugin works well in both positions.
How it worksThis plugin links your Firebase application to your Wordpress backend. Once the linking has been done (installation, positioning and inserting configuration data), the widget will appear in posts. Chat (public and private) messages are linked to the current post’s ID – and the conversations can then center around that post and it’s ideas.
Intuitive installation and functionalityInstallation of the plugin is a straightforward affair: activate the “ChopItUp Live Chat with Firebase” plugin and then go to “ChopItUp Live Chat Settings”. Enter your Firebase application’s settings. That is it, you are done with installation and you and your users/visitors can starting on posts.
The thinking behind ChopItUp Live Chat with FirebaseChat has been a staple of web-based communication since the rise of usage of the internet by the general public in the early 1990s – earlier implementations were naturally a lot cruder, most centering around applets or getting the browser to recognize a new mime type in order to support an external implementation of chat. Browsers nowadays come with incredible capabilities and support out the box and as such, some of the most advanced, light and stable implementations of chat can be done fairly quickly and easily.
The rise of cloud services has also lightened the load so that developers can work on creative aspects of products and leave the basic functionality to cloud services. The fact that heavy duty logic happens on the the cloud means that small sites don’t have to deal with the heavy duty stuff dedicated to the cloud.
Wordpress is now running on 30% of all websites – in a way, it has become a kind of web operating system. This means that it has become unavoidable and thinking about creating new products and dedicated implementations of existing products for WordPress is imperative.