1st Wikipedia API Script Ever in Codecanyon …Have you ever wonder how Facebook generates some page with Wikipedia or how Google shows information from Wikipedia at the right side of our search? I did. So I was curious about people need to view Wikipedia articles inside their web pages but hard to find any script related to this on internet. So I thought that fi I can conquer this task, it will help more people to find the way to view Wikipedia articles on their page(s). Fortunately, I received a custom project of one of my clients recently. His idea was to view Wikipedia article to display on his page when customer searches in the page. So I started to study this Wikipedia API documentation. At the beginning it was little hard for me, but at the end I completed that project. Later on I thought to study more into Wikipedia API and found that there were so many facilities that just viewing an article, eg. search inside the Wikipedia Database. Finally I made something called “Wikipedia Easy Search”.
Wikipedia Easy Search is based on Wikipedia API. It gives you to have encyclopedia based data on your website or web page. As the API is based on http request based, this script uses CURL command to get information from Wikipedia to a JSON array and manipulate those data in bootstrap based front end. The script is very easy to understand and easy to edit. Even a basic PHP user can handle this script.
- Wikipedia API based, PHP Script
- Easy to configure and Edit
- View Images inside pages and as Separate page after clicking on it.
- Navigate withing HTML page though clickable links
- Facility to Customize Default Search Language at Configuration
- Single Configuration file to have basic settings and functions
- Search inside Wikipedia database
- View articles
- View articles as Plain text and HTML
- Get main thumb image to plain text page
- 2017-04-27 : Update Initial Release
- 2017-05-02 : Update Multi Lingual Pages and Search
- 2017-06-06 : Update Unicode Issues for search Results
- 2018-04-24 : Update SEO Friendly URL for HTML and Plain Text pages