Pre-Purchase question. I’d like to know if your plugin allows for us to be able to organize Post Grid / Column / Preview, etc alphabetically based on the post title?
Sorry for late reply. We’re in the middle of something, so I was busy with it. Can you please ask your query with some more details? You can contact us via contact form on our codecanyon profile page.
Basically whats happening is I’m using the Post Grid to list a few dozen posts, the title of each being the businesses name. I need the grid to list them in alphabetical order. Is this plugin capable of organizing in such a manner?
Currently, this isn’t applicable. However, we are working on an update, which will include some improvements. We will try to achhive this also.
Is there ability to display and sort by Custom Fields?
Unfortunately, this functionality isn’t available yet.
Hi. We are thinking to purchase your product but we would like to determine whether this plugin would be compatible with our website since it is not woocommerce based. Would it work with normal website and taxonomies?
Can you please answer whether the filters are mutually related. In other words, when the change is made in first filter does it affect the second one, second one the third one and so on? And also is it possible to make this plugin filters in a horizontal shape?. In the way that all of them are standing next to each other in the horizontal row. Thank you in advance. Best regards
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, the filters are currently not mutually related. They are dependent based on the taxonomies registered for the post type.
I hope this will help.
Is it possible for this plugin to display a post grid that is static and cached once a day? Or does it use AJAX queries on each page load?
The plugin uses its own queries currently, so cached queries are not implemented yet.
hi, does your plugin allow for post titles to link to a custom permalink andnot the default WordPress url?
Sorry for late reply. Unfortunately, this isn’t possible.
Does your plugin allow me to easily display (not filter) custom taxonomy data per post in grid
For example is I have a taxonomy called “Group” and I want to display that per post in grid, will your plugin do that? or how can I?
I’m sorry, but I’m not getting you.
If you want to display all posts in a taxonomy named “Group” in grid, yes, our plugin has the option to display posts only in the certain taxonomy. Just select the display posts from custom taxonomy and enter your custom taxonomy slug that you want to display posts from.
I hope this will help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
May I know any add on plugin which can upgrade the filter in more option in post grid by visual composer? currently I use the post grid – mouse over effect is what I want but the filter only super basic but I need the advanced to hv multiple filter to sort the content…possible?
You can take a look at our demo. If this is something you need, please go ahead, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
The demo link is currently broken.
Thanks for pointing that issue. There was an issue with the SSL, and we have not resolved it. The demo site is now back to normal.
Thank you once again.
I am thinking about buying your plugin, but I am not sure if it is capable to do what I need.
So here are a few requirement questions:
1) Is it possible to use VC grid builder item designs with your plugin?
2) Is it possible to filter (not sort) without reloading the page (AJAX)?
3) Can the filter value be transferred via URL parameters?
4) Can Custom Post Types be filtered by Custom Taxonomies?
I would very much appreciate it if you can tell me if all of this is possible.
Thank you in advance!
1. Currently it is not possible, as VC doesn’t have open API to get the grid builder working for third party add-ons.
2. Filters are currently work with reloading the page and not with ajax. We are working on it currently.
3. Yes, the filter values are being set to the url parameters and used to query the posts.
4. Sorry to say, but this is not doable, as taxonomies are tied to post types, so the filters can be used to filter the taxonomies only.
I hope this will help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via contact form on our profile page.
I’d like to create Visual Composer blocks with backend filtering by multiple custom taxonomies and custom post types. No filter options in front end. Is it possible with your plugin?
Thanks in advance
Our plugin is for frontend only, so its not possible with our plugin. However, can you please email us your idea so that we can think on it and hopefully, we will surely build something that can help users like you in future.
I am looking for a Wordpress plug-in that allows me to filter sliders.
For example, on one page i have 4 sliders after each other (note sliders not individual slides). The sliders are created in Slider Revolution. Each slider has pictures that focus on one venue. Total there are 4 venues and 1 slider for each.
Does your plug-in allow a user to tick “venue #1” and then only the slider for venue #1 will be displayed?
I hope my question is clear.
Thank you for your time.
Unfortunately, this isn’t doable with our plugin. However, from your request, it seems you want a tabs plugin to display your sliders, so if you click on the Venue #1 tab, it will display that slider etc.
Hi I am looking for a way to solve a problem in visual composer and I would like to know if this add-on can help, before purchasing it. This is what I need:
“I created certain custom posts with a number of custom fields. I want to call these posts in another page, the grid post is great because I can filter by post types and categories. The problem comes on how these posts look like when I call them because their layout is given by the grid builder (Item design) where I can not find an element that shows the content of the post. Is there a way around this to show the whole content?”
So I need an element that show the entire post, not only the elements of the post that are available in the grid builder.
Thanks for your interest in our plugin.
If you are intended to use the Visual Composer grid builder, its not available in our plugin, as currently, we use our custom grid for the posts.
If you only want to display the whole content, you can use our plugin to display the grid with excerpt and then turn on the quick view, so when user clicks on the quick view, they will get the complete content of your post to display in modal popup.
This comment is currently being reviewed.
ok I commented too soon, after purchasing I see you have this option. Please disregard.
Thanks for the update. Glad you found it
How can I add a custom class to only the post grid filter list? I tried copying vc_basic_grid_filter.php to vc_templates but it gets ignored. No matter what I do, no effect. Help please
It seems you are using the Visual Composer default grid element, so I would suggest you to contact them through their support system, so that they can help you.
Pre purchase comment: Does this plugin also works as Media Grid sort option?
Currently, the plugin supports all the post types and taxonomies to display posts from them in grid. Media grid is not currently supported, but it is in our list of future developments, so will be available soon.
Hi there. With your plugin, can we allow the user to filter by alphabet? Picture a standard pagination strip but instead of numbers it’d be letters. Thanks!
Unfortunately, this isn’t possible at the moment. This will be a good addition to our plugin features. I’ve added this to our list of future features, and we will see if we can get this done in near future.
i’ve just bought your plugin to manage post by category and have compatibility with my ajax theme and visuel composer…i can now show my post but unfortunatly all other fonctionnality of visuel composer like simple text block or single image are now not showing…when i desactivate the plugin all visuel composer fonctionnality come back normally…
thx for help
Sorry to hear that. There might be conflict with the css animation classes. Can you please contact us via contact form on our codecanyon profile page and provide your site url where you have implemented the plugin, so that we can check and provide you the solution.
I can no longer select categories in the display posts from, plus it’s displaying the wrong posts on the one where I was able to do it
Sorry to hear that. Can you please contact us via contact form on our codecanyon profile page with your site details, so that we can check and fix the issue for you if there’s any?
Hi there, I was hoping you could help me with a couple queries before I bought this plugin?
1. Can I create multiple filters for taxonomies that I’ve created? e.g, display a filter for colours, sizes, property x y and z? Could I show, for example, five filters for different WooCommerce product attributes?
2. Could the inputs for these filters be determined as well? Such as dropdown, checkboxes, or radio selections?
3. Finally, would I be correct in assuming this would work with the Visual Composer Masonry layout, if I were using it to display items from WooCommerce? I’m displaying them in a layout I’ve created with the grid builder, so will it all be okay with that?
Here are the answers to your questions -
1. You can use filters per post type, so if you have the 5 taxonomies registered for your custom post type, you can have 5 filter dropdowns. If you are trying to use filters on a taxonomy page, it isn’t possible as of now.
2. The filters can be set as dropdown / checkboxes or radio buttons, no matter which post type you are trying to display.
3. The Visual Composer grid builder doesn’t work with any other add-ons, as they don’t have open API for their grid builder. Which is why we end up adding few more styles to our grid. The masonry is inbuilt, so you can have either grid / masonry layout depend on the settings.
Hi, I have a pre-order question for your plugin “Visual Composer – Sortable Grid & taxonomy filter. Its possible to add a third column of filters? Now you have “Categories” and “Tags”. Thank you in advance. And, its possible to change the names of “Categories” “Tags?
It work based on custom type post, right? its included this in there? What I need if not included?
Thanks and best,
1. Yes, you can add any number of filters by adding the custom taxonomies to the post type you want to use.
2. Currently, the taxonomy names are used as is in the filters, so as long you change the names in admin for those taxonomies, it will be reflected in the filter.
3. Yes, the plugin is based on “Custom Post Types”, and “Custom Taxonomies”. You can pull posts from either post type or particular taxonomies too. But the filters does work with post type only.
If you need a custom post type of your choice, you can create it using the WP Generator kind of tool.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $7.50
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
25,000+ tutorials and 1,000+ courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work