Total Recipe Generator is a WordPress Recipe Maker with Schema Microdata and Nutritional Facts Label Creator.
Create WordPress Recipe Posts instantly with pre defined templates and drag and drop interface with this plugin.
This is an addon for WP Bakery Page Builder. You need to buy the WP Bakery Page Builder plugin separately to use this addon.
Check out the demos:
Demo 1 – Normal recipe with image and text content
Demo 2 – Recipe with video inside method steps
Demo 3 – Recipe with review and rating
Demo 4 – Recipe without info board
Demo 5 – Two columnar layout (Ingredients + Method Steps)
Demo 6 – Two columnar layout (Method Steps + Ingredients)
Demo 7 – Custom Nutrients in Nutrition facts
Demo 8 – Custom Total Time in recipe meta
Demo 9 – Advertisement Spots Examples
Demo 10 – Icon headings example
Demo 11 – Custom colors example
Demo 12 – Cost per serving example
Nutrition Facts Label Styles
When you put a lot of efforts and hard work in creating online recipe content, your work deserves more exposure. With Total Recipe Generator, your recipe content gets organized in semantic and hierarchical manner. This improves your site’s presence in search results and personalized media platforms like Pinterest. The content generated by TRG is a mix of schema micro data, internal links, JSON LD micro data, and required/recommended Meta tags for a “Recipe” content type.
For theme developers, the plugin supports modification of core template file by copying it inside theme folder. The core files are easy to extend and style. With clean design and well documented code, the plugin offers good scope of creativity and modification for theme developers.
Not to mention, the plugin is shipped as Visual Composer Add-on. It inherits drag-and-drop interface, along with built-in support for tons of VC elements which you can use inside recipe method instructions. The Total Recipe Generator plugin is well supported on pages, posts and custom post types.
Full feature list
- Clean and minimalist design, WordPress 4.8+ ready
- Shipped as Visual Composer Addon. (Compatible with Visual Composer 5.4+)
- Supports page, post and public custom post types
- Back end and front end page builder support
- Create recipe content instantly by launching pre built template
- Drag and drop interface via Visual Composer
- Auto calculation of total time from prep time and cooking time
- Auto conversion of time into minutes/hour
- Use recipe image from featured image, media library or external URL
- Recipe image resize on-the-fly with custom dimensions and hard cropping
- Recipe method element with inline support for all Visual Composer elements (Text block, single image, tabs, accordion, videos, etc.)
– Recipe method can be reordered with drag and drop functionality
– Organize recipe instructions in groups
– Auto numbering on recipe method steps (can be disabled from element settings)
- Built in Nutrition Facts Label Creator
– 4 Nutrition label styles – Around 40+ built in nutrients with standard Daily Values
– Nutrients show only if a value is set by user
– Auto calculation of %DV based on recipe nutrient value as set by user
– Show / hide standard reference values per Nutrition Label
– The reference for standard daily values (DVs) are taken from Wikipedia
– Built in Meta labels for “Suitable for diet” as multi select dropdown
- Addition of Custom Nutrients with user defined daily value, standard value and unit
- Internal links support for Recipe Meta – Automatically creates link if a category or tag exists in the same name as Recipe Meta
- Custom author name and author URL supported
- Dynamically add recipe ingredients as single item or groups
- Ingredient groups can be reordered with drag and drop facility
- Show/hide recipe name, summary, image, author, date, etc. if your theme already shows these elements. These are still included as Meta data, so it doesn’t harm SEO.
- Built in social sharing buttons for recipe content
– Buttons include Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, VKOntakte, Email, Reddit
– Print button included for printing only recipe content
– Sticky social links for mobile (can be disabled from settings)
- Valid and recommended Schema Microdata for Recipe content (Run Schema Test)
– Contains inline schema markup and JSON LD microdata
– Full support for Pinterest rich pins
– Built in support for aggregate rating schema via WP Review plugin
- W3C valid HTML markup for recipe generated content
- For developers, recipe template output can be easily extended in theme files by copying the template file
- Fully compatible with most standard and premium themes
- Translation ready with sample .pot file included
- Supports languages with RTL orientation
- Works on all modern browsers and IE9+
- Step by step documentation guide and installation manual for setting up recipe content
- One to one personalized support on email and comments section
Important: Images shown on live demo are not included in download package. They are only for demonstration purpose.
All support is provided via comments section and email. For any questions related to the plugin or general query, feel free to email me from my profile page message box here or comment on the item comments section. I would be glad to respond. Thank you for browsing the plugin.
- jQuery library
- BFI Thumb Class
- Material Design Icons
- Icomoon Icons
- Pexels stock photos
- Visual Composer Template Manager
For installation and setup, please refer to the documentation/index.html file inside your main download archive.
= Jan 13, 2019 - v1.6.7 = * Fixed: Typo in core and translation files
= Oct 18, 2018 - v1.6.6 = * Enabled Total Recipe Generator for Accordion module - Now you can use multiple instances of Total Recipe Genrator inside WP Bakery's Accordion * Fixed: php warning for empty value of get_post_custom_keys() in recipe.php
= Oct 13, 2018 - v1.6.5 = * Fixed: php warning for illegal string offset in 'social_heading'
= Oct 11, 2018 - v1.6.4 = * Fixed: Hide Date and Hide Author were toggling wrong elements
= Sep 24, 2018 - v1.6.3 = * Fixed: recipeInstructions Schema value empty in JSON LD data
= Aug 06, 2018 - v1.6.2 = * Fixed: * Fixed: Shortcodes not working in advertisement spots
= July 15, 2018 - v1.6.1 = * Added option to show keywords as hidden schema - See Total Recipe Generator > Recipe Meta > Hidden Tags/keywords as Schema
= June 28, 2018 - v1.6.0 = * Added "Keywords" option for Recipe Meta - Uses WordPress' post tag list with "keywords" schema property - See Total Recipe Generator > Recipe Meta > Show tags/keywords * Added new settings section for changing text labels of recipe meta - See Settings > Total Recipe Generator > Labels
= April 21, 2018 - v1.5.1 = * Fixed: Use recipe title, date and author as meta tag for Schema when set to hide * Fixed and added "Nutrition" schema property in JSON LD script data * Fixed compatibility with ShopKeeper theme - The ".hidden" class was causing style conflict
= Feb 21, 2018 - v1.5.0 = * Updated Reference Daily Intake (RDI) values for all nutrients as per 2018 data - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_Daily_Intake * Updated Nutrition Facts label styling for Standard version - Style is matched according to latest FDA guidelines (https://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/LabelingNutrition/ucm385663.htm) * Updated Nutrition label extra notes as per latest guidelines * Added new nutrient "Choline" in Nutrition Table * Improved print functionality of recipe content - Prints only the recipe content area - Separate print CSS file for handling print output
= Jan 19, 2018 - v1.4.1 = * Allowed iframe tag in advertisement spots * Fixed: Function closure error for php versions less than 5.4 <pre>= Jan 17, 2018 - v1.4.0 = * Added global plugin settings page (See Settings > Total Recipe Generator) - Manage global ad spots for all recipe posts - Manage styles and colors globally for all recipe posts - Individual post can override these global settings</pre> <pre>= Dec 04, 2017 - v1.3.2 = * Fixed 404 error in WhatsApp sharing button</pre> <pre>= Nov 30, 2017 - v1.3.1 = * Enabled Social sharing for all singular post types (including pages)</pre> <pre>= Oct 20, 2017 - v1.3.0 = * Added new title element with icon and text support (See "TRG Title" element in VC elements library) - Includes fontawesome, openiconic, typeicons, entypo, lineicons, monosocial and material icons * Added color options tab inside Total Recipe Generator element - Manage colors for heading, icons, highlight, links, method count, etc. * Added Ingredient Total Cost and Cost per serving in info board. (See "Recipe Meta" tab) * Updated png icons to SVG icons</pre> <pre>= July 13, 2017 - v1.2.1 = * Fixed: Ad spot textarea changed to raw html for html and scripts support</pre> <pre>= July 12, 2017 - v1.2.0 = * Added custom nutrients feature for Nutrition Facts (See "Add Nutrients" tab) * Added 3 new advertisement spots betwen recipe post content * Added Total Time field (if user wants to show only the total time) * Fixed: Hide "Suitable for diet" when no items are selected</pre> <pre>= May 22, 2017 - v1.1.0 = * Added multiple Nutrition table styles (See Nutrition tab) * Added multi columnar split layout for Ingredients and Method Steps (See General tab) * Added filters for nutrient standard reference values (See documentation's FAQ) * Added option to add custom footer notes in nutrition table * Highlight %DV if exceeds standard value * Auto calculate calories from fat in Nutrition table * Updated standard daily values for Nutrients * Fix: Prevented duplication of custom fields in recipe post</pre> <pre>= Apr 19, 2017 - v1.0.4 = * Increased min height of multiple dropdown and textareas in VC elements * Fixed a bug in which extra notes in recipe were not saved</pre> <pre>= Apr 10, 2017 - v1.0.3 = * Added 'Serving Size' column inside recipe information board * Prep time, Cook time and entire recipe information board can be disabled by removing their values from recipe meta * Fixed CSS for list margins and bullets added by themes on li elements of plugin</pre> <pre>= Mar 24, 2017 - v1.0.2 = * Added 'Other Suitable for Diet' option inside "Nutrition" tab * Added filter 'trg_cuisine_list' for modifying cuisine list (See documentation for reference) * Added filter 'trg_category_list' for modifying category list * Added filter 'trg_suitable_for_diet' for modifying diet list * Fixed: Text domain and translation issue for VC Map elements * Fixed: poEdit translation error for POT file * Fixed: Social sharing overflow scrollbar removed on desktop * Fixed: Print button showing blank screen</pre> <pre>= Feb 10, 2017 - v1.0.1 = * Fixed: Reset recipe instructions count if two or more recipe posts are shown on same archive * Fixed: Show social sharing only on single posts</pre>