Recipes – Cookbook App is an Android application support adding/updating an unlimited number of categories, recipes, and chefs online directly using an easy Admin Panel which connected to the Realtime Firebase database, and can be deployed on the free Firebase hosting, no domain/hosting are needed
Each recipe contain ingredients, instructions, multiple images, and a video.
This source code is consists of 2 apps:
- Users app: Users can explore the app with the ability to review recipes, also they can send their own recipes to the admin.
- Admin app: Admin can accept/reject the recipes sent by users, and managing the reported recipes directly from the admin app.
|User App||Admin App|
Admin Panel email: firstname.lastname@example.org password: 123456 PS: this is a demo Admin Panel for test purposes only, changes will not appears in demo APK
- Splash Screen.
- Online Realtime Firebase Database with the ability to add unlimited categories and unlimited chefs and unlimited recipes.
- Intro Slider, showing in the first use.
- Registration/Login System: Sign-in by Google or by Email/Password with Email verification feature to avoid spamming, and forgot password option.
- Slider Bottom Navigation:
- Categories: You can add unlimited categories
- Chefs: You can add unlimited chefs
- Add: Allow users to send their recipes to be reviewed by admin.
- Recent: Displaying all recipes in descending order
- Favorite: Save the favorite recipes in a specific section.
- Displaying all recipes of a selected category or selected chef.
- Sorting recipes by (Newest / Most viewed / Best rated).
- Showing the average rating of each recipe with the ability to favorite/unfavorite the recipe.
- Powerful search: Support searching for any word exists in the recipe title, ingredients, or direction.
- Recipe Details(Collapsing ToolBar):
- Image gallery slider: support adding unlimited number of images for each recipe, with auto slider and when clicking the gallery the preview tool will display the images in actual size with ability to zoom in/out by click/pinch.
- Displaying recipe title, favorite/unfavorite, and back buttons.
- Views counter of each recipe.
- Displaying recipe average rating, total reviews, chef image, and name.
- Scrollable sections for ingredients and instructions with supporting HTML codes and web links.
- Video section: Displaying a YouTube video or .mp4 server link.
- Share button: Share the the full recipe: (image, ingredients, instructions, and video link) with other apps as a post or as an Image with watermark.
- Reviews: Users can post a rate and a comment for each recipe, with showing other users reviews.
- Complying with the UGC policy using the following features:
- - Report a recipe.
- - Delete a recipe by the chef.
- - Delete a review by the chef.
- Block a user by the chef, blocked users will not be able to add a review to the chef.
- User profile: Displaying the user name, email, and profile image with the ability to change the user name, image, and password.
- In-App review API: to rate and review the app without redirecting the user to Google play store.
- Displaying all users’ recipes on the main screen.
User’s Recipe Details (Collapsing ToolBar):
- Displaying the recipe details: image, title, user name, user image, selected category, ingredients, instructions, and video link.
- Ability to change the category.
- Ability to publish or reject the user recipe.
- By publishing the recipe the user will be added as a chef, and by rejecting the recipe it will be deleted from the database.
- Displaying users’ reported recipes, with the ability to remove any reported recipe from the reported list or delete it from the published recipes.
- Support LTR and RTL languages.
- AdMob Ads: Interstitial, Smart Banners, and Open App ad.
- AdMob User Messaging Platform SDK (for EU countries): Comply with the GDPR + Reset Ads option.
- Firebase Analytics.
- Integrating Firebase Cloud Messaging (Push Notifications) for active and inactive users (the notifications will be received when the app is working or not), with the ability to send notifications for specific recipes.
- Integrating Firebase In-App Messaging.
- Android Studio project, Easy customization with clean code.
Free Web Admin Panel, connected with the Realtime Firebase database so you can easily add, update, and delete your categories, chefs and recipes online directly.
The admin panel will be deployed on Firebase hosting for free and no domain/hosting are needed.
- Documentation included with step by step detailed guide for configuring the app and admin panel and reskin the app.
What will you get?
- Full Android User App Source code.
- Full Android Admin App Source code.
- Full Admin panel web App Source code.
- Full Documentation for configuring the app and admin panel and reskin the app.
Version 2.0 (30th January 2023)
User App: Complying with the Android 33 SDK and upgrading the plugin and SDKs to the latest releases. Complying with the UGC policy by adding the following features: - Report a recipe. - Delete a recipe by the chef. - Delete a review by the chef. - Block a user by the chef, blocked users will not be able to add a review to the chef. Adding sort recipes by (Newest / Most viewed / Best rated). Browsing the content for unregistered users and prompting login when accessing the features that require login. Adding the (Login) button in the profile for unregistered users. Enhancing uploading recipes functionality. Adding notifications permission for android 13. Admin App: Complying with the Android 33 SDK and upgrading the plugin and SDKs to the latest releases. Adding a reported recipes section, with the ability to remove any reported recipe from the reported list or delete it from the published recipes. Enhancing accepting recipes functionality. Admin Panel: Adding/changing the admin email from Firebase remote config for security reasons. Adding Filter by a chef and filter by a category, with the ability to display specific category recipes from all chefs, showing specific chef recipes from all categories, or showing recipes from all chefs and categories. Prevent overwriting recipes issue for non-sequential IDs. Updating the documentation file according to the latest updates, with a new section (optional steps for removing the add recipe page). To apply this update, since there are major changes please copy your content (google-services.json file, drawable, sounds, and so on… ) to the new source code.
Version 1.6 (10th December 2021)
Integrating the AdMob Open App Ad, which shows when bringing the app to the foreground again. Upgrading AdMob Ads implementation to version 20.0.0+ Upgrading plugin and updating the SDKs dependencies to the latest versions. Migration to the (User Messaging Platform SDK) instead of the deprecated (Consent SDK) for the GDPR. Resolve share image issue on Android 11+. Updating the documentation file (AdMob Open App ad, Enable GDPR, Admin panel). To apply this update, since there are major changes please copy your content (google-services.json file, drawables, and so on... ) to the new source code.
Version 1.5 (21st March 2021)
Targeting API 30 and updating the SDKs and Dependencies to the latest versions. Auto slider for recipe images gallery in the Details UI. Preview images gallery slider in the actual size with ability to zoom in/out. Redirecting to the chef's recipes by clicking on the chef data section in the recipe details UI. Display views counter of each recipe. Allow the user to upload 4 images for their recipe. Share the full recipe as image including(recipe title, ingredients, direction, image) with app logo watermark. Forgot password option, with validating if the email is registered. Integrating In-App review API Enable the send button after completing the uploading of the recipe. Resizing the uploaded images from the user app, to reduce consuming the storage. Transition effects between activities. Enhancing no available data field. Preventing the chef of review own recipes. Updating the documentation file(Configure and deploy the admin panel). Free Web Admin Panel, connected with the Realtime Firebase database so you can easily add, update, and delete your categories, chefs and recipes online directly. The admin panel will be deployed on Firebase hosting for free and no domain/hosting are needed.
Version 1.0 (6th June 2020)
Support searching for any word exists in the recipe title, ingredients, or direction.
Support sending push notifications to open specific recipes.
Resolving the favorite issue.
Multiple fixes and enhancements for the user profile: (resolve update name/password issue, apply the changed profile image in the user’s recipe request, redirect the user to the main UI when back from the profile).
Resolving sharing recipes on the WhatsApp issue.
Prevent overwriting the image of the previous recipe sent by the same user.
Improve detection of no Internet connection, by adding a button to check the connection again.
Fixing landscape of the recipe details UI.
Fixing landscape of the recipe details UI.
Resolving the issue when receiving a recipe without an image.
Updating the documentation PDF file, section 12, how to send a notification that opens a specific recipe.
To integrate this update into your existing source code, kindly replace the following files: In User Source Code:
RecipesListActivity.java, ProfileActivity.java, RecipeDetailsActivity.java, SendFragment.java, SplashActivity.java, MyFirebaseMessagingService.java, WelcomeActivity.java, MainActivity.java, BaseActivity.java, MyAdapter.java, activity_profile.xml
- Add the file
in the land-layout folder
In Admin Source Code:
- Add the file
in the land-layout folder
Version 1.0 (14th May 2020)