Update 1 has been released. Edit Mode came with this update. However, file operations in Edit Mode do not work properly in Live Preview, as the Live Preview section does not use localhost. Please watch the Video Preview to see the full working version of the project. You can find detailed information at the end of the text.
Quiz: The Game
Quiz: The Game is a HTML5 game with multiple choice questions and various question types. The questions are taken from free sites or created by me.
The Test Section contains classic multiple choice questions. The Mixed Section contains seven different types of question structures. These:
- Multiple choice (test)
- Multiple responses
- True false
- Fill in the blanks
- Sequence (drag and drop sequencing)
- Matching using drag and drop
- Select from the list
- Equipped with appropriate sounds. It can be turned on and off from the Settings Section of the Main Menu.
- The Test Section consists of 10 questions (with update 1). It is based on a quick answer, counting down from 10 seconds for each question.
- Mixed Section consists of 7 questions. And it has an overall timer that counts down from 7 minutes.
- The score screen has different visual and sound structure according to the score you get.
- The game is also a template. It is intended to teach people the relevant structures. Also it is well documented. However, in some places, the original names in English were not included in much detail as they were considered sufficient for understanding.
Bugs will be fixed as updates are made. I am open to any questions and suggestions regarding the project.
- The number of questions in the Test Section was increased from 5 to 10 and the option to add their own problem was introduced to this section.
- Fixed sound problems.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Adding questions in the Test Section works like this:
- Before starting the Test Section in the main menu, you can make changes to the questions and answers by ticking the “Edit Mode” option.
- When you come to the last page in Edit mode, if you click on the relevant button, it will ask where you want to save your changes. If you select the data.txt file in the project directory, it will overwrite it. Then, new questions will automatically come to the system from the file.
- Questions can also be changed manually from the data.txt file.
- As I mentioned above, localhost is required for file operations in Edit Mode. This will also appear when you purchase the project. There are many options in this regard. You can run the project on localhosts via PHP, Node.js or Python etc. But if you want to install a code editor, you can install “Visual Studio Code” and use the “Live Server” plugin.