Money- income & expense tracker
Money is a basic income & expense tracker, a budget manager focused on simplicity. The app helps users record their daily transactions and review their financial data daily, weekly, and monthly. Adding transactions is extremely fast and fun because of the excellent animations.
The app is focused on privacy. It stores the data safely in Apple servers using iCloud and it offers secure access using technologies like Keychain, Face ID and Touch ID provided by the system (iOS/iPadOS). Unlike many other financial apps, the app doesn’t require account creation. The user “account” is the Apple ID that’s already signed into the device.
- NEW: Export transactions to .CSV or .JSON.
- NEW: Source code updated for iOS 15 and 16 (Swift UI 3.0).
- Supports iOS 14 widgets: Financial Insights.
- Supports iOS 13 Dark Mode.
- Intuitive and easy to use interface.
- Categorize transactions and mark them using hashtags.
- Basic analytics.
- Search transactions effectively by name, notes or hashtags.
- System currency and regional settings support.
- iCloud sync support.
- Dynamic type accessibility support.
- Screen lock (Keychain Passcode + Touch ID + Face ID).
- App Icon shortcut’s.
- Better analytics and monthly reports (COMING SOON).
- macOS and iPadOS support (WIP).
- Receipt reader using CoreVision.
- Add images, location, rich links and more to transactions for more detailed information.
- Code: the app is 6 years old and is implemented in Swift. The IDE used is Xcode.
- Architecture: follows a Reactive MVVM architecture where each screen has its own view model decoupled from the model and the view.
- Database: initially, the data was stored locally using Realm but, since we wanted to enable iCloud synchronization, we decided to upgrade the whole app and use CoreData with CloudKit support.
- Database model:
- Category (has a name, icon and color)
- Transaction (can only be assigned to one Category but can handle multiple Article’s and multiple Tag’s)
- Article (i.e.: transaction X is a Amazon purchase, then the article is what was bought:
SSD disk 512GB)
- Tag (i.e.:
- Localization: includes English and Portuguese, and the project is prepared to receive other translations.
- Interface: some parts of the UI is implemented using SwiftUI and others using Interface Builder.
- Swift Packages:
- SwiftDate (used to manipulate the date interval for each filter, i.e., current week based on the device time zone)
STRegex (easy to use regular expression parser used in storing a custom date interval in the
- PremierKit (a bunch of reusable system helpers)
SwiftyAttributes (a convenience
- Dodo (used to display error messages)
- QuickActions (used to setup the app icon shortcut to create transactions)
- WSLogger (used to log messages with level of severity, i.e., debug, info, warning, error)
- WSPopup (used to show popups, flexible way to show a view to the screen)
- Test suite: the project includes unit tests and integration tests of the business logic and core functionalities.
- Swift 5.7
- SwiftUI 3.0
- Minimum deployment target is iOS 15
- Siri Intent Extension
- Apple Developer account.
- SwiftGen v6.0 or greater.
- Xcode 14+
- iOS 15+
your.domain.Moneyto use your domain. (i.e.:
We are always available to help you setting up the project. Please contact us if you are having trouble running the app in the simulator or on your iPhone.
Money\ Money.xcodeproj Money.xcworkspace MoneyIntentExtension\ MoneyTests\ MoneyUITests\ MoneyWidgets\ MoneyWidgetsExtension.entitlements Resources\ swiftgen.yml
Source code at
AppDelegate.swift AppCoordinator.swift AppLogger.swift AppVersionStatus.swift Constants.swift Features.swift Assets.xcassets Colors.xcassets MainViewController.swift MainViewController.xib Onboarding\ Timeline\ Categories\ Transactions\ Create Transaction\ Screen Lock\ Search\ Settings\ Statistics\ User\ Styles\ Dialogs\ Models\ ViewModels\ Views\ Cells\ CloudKit\ CoreData\ SwiftUI\ Utilities\ Info.plist Money-Bridging-Header.h Money.entitlements LaunchScreen.storyboard en.lproj pt-PT.lproj
The app is available in the App Store. If you want to test the app before buying, then please request us a promo code.
You can see the general information of this project at money/wiki.
The full documentation is available at money/docs.
Please check the documentation before purchasing. Be aware that this app requires knowledge on Apple specific technologies. We can provide you some guidance but we won’t accept feature or enhancement requests.
Contact us if you find issues with the setup. The app has been fully tested several times but it may have bugs. If a crash occurs, we are happy to help you solve the issue. Just contact us.