ChatNet is a fully-fledged PHP Group Chat Room and Private Chat Script for your website, mobile app or web application. It’s mobile-first, modern and user-friendly design will make your website or app a feature-rich community and social platform seamlessly.
New Big Features in ChatNet (NEW) – Change Log
- Progressive Web App (PWA)
- Social Media Login (40+ Social Networks)
- Push Notifications for Private Messages
- Radio Stations
- Google Fonts
ChatNet is designed by industry experienced developers, making sure that it is easy to install and highly customizable without needing any coding knowledge.
This script does not require any browser-specific plugins such as Flash or Java to run. It enables a wide array of devices to use this awesome PHP Ajax Group Chat Room Script.
ChatNet is based on the most commonly used technologies like PHP and MySQL. You do not need to worry about the server requirements to run ChatNet as most of the shared servers are capable of running ChatNet without any specific configurations.
ChatNet is a highly customizable PHP Ajax Group Chat Room Script. You can customize from its colors to its functionalities without editing a single line of code. If you are familiar with PHP and MySQL you can customize the code as it is self-explanatory and well commented. The well-written documentation will guide you through the process.
5 Star Reviews
Should you need any further information, or help regarding ChatNet please do not hesitate to contact your team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Stop worrying about how to install ChatNet on your server. It is very easy to install our script with the built-in Quick Installer. Check this installation video to see how easy it is.
Customizable Home Page
You don’t need to hire another developer to create a homepage for your chat rooms. ChatNet has a built-in modern and customizable homepage. You can showcase your chat rooms in different styles and switch between different color schemes just by changing a few settings.
Unlimited Chat Rooms
ChatNet is a multiple chat room script where you can create unlimited chat rooms. You can allow your users to create and manage their own chat rooms as well.
Private Chat Messaging / One to One Chat
Private or One to One chat feature is available for users to chat with one another seamlessly. They can share anything they want privately with this feature. Admins can moderate private chats through the admin dashboard easily.
ChatNet has a dedicated admin dashboard. Admins can access the dashboard and change and customize ChatNet according to their needs. In the dashboard, you can manage users, chats, appearance, and other site settings seamlessly.
Change Theme & Color Schemes
ChatNet comes with built-in Light and Dark user interfaces. You easily switch between the UIs through the admin dashboard. If you want to customize the theme colors, you can easily switch to the custom UI and choose the colors as you wish.
Multiple Language Support
ChatNet comes with a built-in Language and Translation Manager. You can add your own languages and translations efficiently. ChatNet is translatable to any language including RTL Languages. It supports any Unicode characters sets.
Password Protected Chat Rooms
Users can add a pin to their chat rooms. Ones with the pin can be able to enter the chat room. This way, you can have password-protected chat rooms.
Admins can allow guests to access ChatNet. You can turn this on or off for individual chat rooms. You can allow guests to change their names when entering a chat room.
Members Only and Admins Only Chat Rooms
When creating a chat room, you can select who can access the chat room. You can have admins only or members-only chat rooms. Or you can select all user types and allow guests to join chat rooms.
Hidden or Secret Chat Rooms
Sometimes you might want to hide a chat room from the front end. You can easily achieve this with ChatNet. Users with the direct link to the chat room will be able to see and log in to a hidden or secret chat room. Further, you can password protect a hidden chat room to strengthen the security.
Single Chat Room Mode
If you don’t want a homepage or if you don’t want to create multiple chat rooms, you can disable the homepage through the admin dashboard. You will be able to choose a default chat room where users will see at first.
Kick or Ban Users
Admins or chat room creators can Kick or Unkick users from chat rooms. Kicked users will not be able to log into the same chat room again. Admins can ban users from the entire site through the admin dashboard.
Play Videos in Chat
If someone shares a video link, users can see the video inside the chat room they are in without leaving the site. The video will be shown in a nice popup.
Image Share with Preview
Users can share pictures and photos easily with ChatNet. Just drag and drop images into the chat room interface will do the trick, or you can use the dedicated image share button. Pictures will be resized to save the bandwidth and generate WhatsApp like modern previews.
Add a little more fun to your chat rooms by enabling GIfs. ChatNet uses a popular GIF API called Tenor. It has thousands of GIFs users can search from. GIF panel automatically shows the trending GIFs from Tenor.
Customizable Sticker Packs
ChatNet has a sticker sharing feature, because why not! You can create your own set of stickers and upload them to ChatNet. It will automatically be shown to the users.
Built-in emoji picker enables your users to share more than 2000 emojis. Emoji picker is available for mobile users as well.
Users can block and unblock other users. Blocked users will not be able to interact with the person who blocked them. Users can unblock blocked users anytime they want.
Users can add other users as favorite. This way, they will be able to easily find and chat with them. Users can add any user as a favorite and remove from their favorite list any time.
ChatNet has a user profile feature. Users can add and maintain bio and basic personal details. It will be shown to other users. Users can change their own profile details at any time.
Users can mark their status as Available, Busy, Away, and Offline by just clicking on a button. The status will be shown to other users.
In private chats and group chats, users will be able to see when someone is typing a message.
When someone sends a message, ChatNet shows you two statuses. One is when the message is sent to the server. The other one is when the message is received and read by the other user. ChatNet uses WhatsApp like ticks to showcase this.
ChatNet uses a strong one-way hashing algorithm and bcrypt algorithm to generate and validate passwords. By this, ChatNet is secured with a strong password security system.
Add Your CSS Code
If you are familiar with CSS, you can customize ChatNet’s appearance by adding your own CSS code. ChatNet has a dedicated CSS section to add your own CSS code easily.
Users will hear a notification sound when they receive a chat message. They can mute it for a particular chat by just clicking on the mute button.
Recently Shared Photos
Users can easily access recently shared photos in chat rooms or a conversation. ChatNet shows it as a gallery where you can easily navigate through shared photos.
ChatNet is fully responsive and mobile-friendly. It is compatible with Android, iOS, and other mobile operating systems and browsers. Users will get a native app feeling when they are using ChatNet on a mobile browser. ChatNet’s Admin Dashboard is also mobile friendly. You can manage your site wherever you are just on your mobile phone.
Easy to Understand Code
If you are familiar with PHP, ChatNets coding is easy to understand. ChatNet has a straightforward coding structure. Coding is well commented and self-explanatory. You can easily customize the coding according to your needs.
When someone shares a link, ChatNet shows the preview of the link immediately. The preview data get cached. The process will not slow down your website. The preview contains the image from the linked website, the page title from the website, and meta description.
About Us Page
ChatNet allows you to maintain an about us page. Rich text editor makes it easier to edit the about us content through the admin dashboard.
Contact Us Page
ChatNet has a dedicated contact us page where your visitors can fill a form and contact you. You’ll receive an email when someone contacts you. You can add your postal address and phone numbers to the contact us page through the dashboard.
ChatNet is GRDP ready. It has an interactive cookie consent popup and other customizable policy pages.
Terms and Conditions Page
ChatNet fully supports RLT languages. It has an RTL support user interface. The Admin panel is also enabled with RTL support.
We release regular updates for ChatNet. It is easy to update ChatNet with its built-in updater. We make user you can keep your data and update to the latest version without much effort.
Profanity / Bad Words Filter
You can define your own array of swear words in the admin dashboard. Your users will not be able to send those words to other users. Bad words will be replaced by stars. Users will not be able to bypass the filter by adding special characters between bad words either.
Image Lazy Loading
All images in ChatNet use lazy loading techniques to speed up the loading time and save user bandwidth. Images are not loaded until the user scrolls and images come into the user’s screen.
Change Log – Full Change Log
Version 1.6.1 – June20, 2021
- NEW: Direct Messages (DM) Panel - NEW: Option to show chats only from user joined or logged in time in groups - FIX: Fixed a bug when saving translations in PHP 8 servers
Version 1.6 – June11, 2021
- NEW: File & Image Uploading Experience - NEW: Option to show online users only in the chat list - NEW: GIF & Sticker Panel - NEW: Rounded Avatars - NEW: Default Letter Avatars - NEW: Cron jobs for delete all chats and uploaded files/images - NEW: PHP 8 Compatibility Added - IMPROVEMENT: Asynchronous data loading in admin panel tables - IMPROVEMENT: Improved security when file uploading - FIX: Push notification chat content bug fix - FIX: Radio list scrollable - FIX: Auto focus typing area - FIX: Image dimensions over 10000px - FIX: Unlinking files bug fixed - FIX: Detecting user's country incorrectly
Version 1.5 – May 1, 2021
- NEW: Email Verification - NEW: reCAPTCHA - NEW: Google Fonts - NEW: IP Blocking - NEW: IP Access Log - NEW: Auto Detect User Country - NEW: Auto Detect User Timezone - NEW: Persistent User Sessions - NEW: Homepage Banner Image - IMPROVEMENT: Delete File With Chat Messages - IMPROVEMENT: HTTP Radio Stations - IMPROVEMENT: PWA is now available in the homepage - IMPROVEMENT: Option to turn off the language switcher
Version 1.4 – February 15, 2021
- NEW: Progressive Web App (PWA) - NEW: Social Media Login (40+ Social Networks) - NEW: Push Notifications for Private Messages - NEW: Radio Stations - NEW: Chat Message Forward - NEW: Room Specific Chat Moderators - IMPROVEMENT: Chat Media/Files Links Section - IMPROVEMENT: Chat Room Unread Count - IMPROVEMENT: SEO Improvements - FIX: Fixed a bug where View Profile section not displayed correctly sometimes - FIX: Fixed a UI issue on iPhones in chat message type field
Version 1.3.1 – December 18, 2020
- IMPROVEMENT: AJAX Request Handling Improved - IMPROVEMENT: Mobile UX when chatting - FIX: Minor bug fixes - FIX: Fixed an error where line brakes in chat didn't work when the profanity filter is active.
Version 1.3 – December 16, 2020
- CHRISTMAS BONUS: Snow Fall Effect - NEW: Chat Replies - NEW: Audio Messages - NEW: File Sharing - NEW: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - NEW: Chat Search - NEW: Recently Shared Files Section - NEW: Added User Country & Flag - NEW: Added User Gender Icon - NEW: Option to View User Profile - NEW: Option to Search Users - NEW: Chat Room Sort (Created Date / Number of Users) - NEW: Inactive Guest User Delete Cron - NEW: Option to Delete users - NEW: Option to Delete Chats - NEW: Option to Delete Chat Rooms - NEW: Added Chat Moderator User Role - NEW: Added Advertisement Spaces - NEW: Added User Type Label - NEW: Register Form Customization - IMPROVEMENT: Searchable Chat Room Selector - IMPROVEMENT: UI/UX Improvements - IMPROVEMENT: Room Owners Can Delete Messages - FIX: Added missing translation terms - FIX: Temporally removed embed chat rooms in third-party websites
Version 1.2 .1 – October 26, 2020
- NEW: RTL Language Support - FIX: Bug Fixes
Version 1.2 – October 24, 2020
- NEW: Dedicated Admin panel - NEW: Dark Theme - NEW: Guest Chatting - NEW: Single Room Mode (Disable Homepage) - NEW: Translation & Language Manager - NEW: Members Can Create Rooms - NEW: Theme Switcher & Customizer - NEW: Link & Video Preview - NEW: Profanity/Bad Words Filter - NEW: Admin User Manager - NEW: Admin Chat Moderation Section - NEW: About Us Page - NEW: Privacy & Terms Page - NEW: Contact Us Page - NEW: GDRP & Cookie Notice - NEW: Chat Room Notice - NEW: Chat Room Switcher - NEW: Multiple Admin Accounts - NEW: Disable Homepage Header - FIX: User experience improved - FIX: Mobile Safari browser cookie problem fixed - FIX: Animation and Nicescroll bug fixed
Version 1.1 – September 22, 2020
- NEW: Chat room searching feature - NEW: Limit chat rooms on frontend website - NEW: Chat room list styles - NEW: Chat delete feature - NEW: Editable chat room section heading and description - NEW: Nice scroll for desktop - NEW: Embed chat rooms in third-party websites - FIX: Mobile user experience improved - FIX: Desktop user experience improved
Version 1.0 – September 12, 2020
- Initial Release