If you are using one of the default compatible themes and the plugin doesn’t allow you to import videos as theme posts, please see this FAQ.
YouTube videos to WordPress posts plugin that allows quick and easy video import into WordPress to create a video blog in a matter of minutes. Compatible by default with 11 premium and free themes ( ie. Avada, DeTube and more ). For other themes, please see this tutorial.
YouTube videos are imported as WordPress posts and can be used in front-end as individual posts or can be placed into existing posts or pages by using shortcodes provided by the plugin.
YouTube videos can be imported from YouTube playlists, user uploads or from search queries. You can retrieve any number of videos from YouTube when doing bulk import. Bulk import settings can be controlled to insert all or only some details: ie. description pulled from YouTUbe can be imported as excerpt, post text or can be skipped altogether. Also, when doing bulk imports, the posts created can have status published, draft or pending, depending on your option.
Creating new videos is just as simple as importing. All you need to do is to input the video ID you want to create and the plugin will load the video details and populate fields with values retrieved from YouTube.
Plugin administration is styled using WordPress styles; this means that if you already know how to create posts in WordPress you won’t have any trouble using this plugin. No fuss, no eye-candy, just plain functionality. Also, automatic upgrade is available, all you need to do is enter your purchase code and you’ll get notified whenever we release a new version directly into your WordPress plugins page just like regular plugins do.
Extra care was taken when creating this plugin to avoid all errors and even notices. For any feature requests/issues with this plugin, please address the dedicated forum, all requests will be answered.
Great job to the author he made this working with detube, also add a auto importer etc. A great plugin whats got from me the 5 stars! Johrans
This YouTube importer is hands down with the last update the best one available. Works flawlessly with Avada/DeTube and other themes. In reality with minor adjustments it could be used with any custom theme. If anyone ever has any import issues (because youtube itself) its simple as going into automatic import and clicking reset and the channel that is giving you issues, within a min the vids will be up. It is also the only youtube importer I have seen that actually does avada and detube videoposter/featured/thumb properly, as the others fail beyond the standard theme itself, ie This will provide ajax thumbs for ajax calls as all the other fail importers dont, and will leave you hurting if you are hoping for grids and more. Anyways A++ the last update works perfect. netnewsledger
You, sir, are awesome. Your plugin now becomes the perfect youtube auto importer. Theres only two I can find on the market, and yours is way better than the free wordpress one. It has all the functionality I need, and I really appreciate your swift work and adjustments. You have my gratitude! Thanks:) mrslippy
AWESOME plugin, EXCELLENT support – this plugin is exactly what I wanted!
I rated it with 5 stars – but I wanted to rate it with 10 stars, if it was possible
Thank you for this great plugin, cboiangiu – also thank you for all your fast and friendly help offered (even if it was just about my user-error)! OliBoli
Incredible support as incredible plugin! Thanks! orlac
Easy plugin, have never seen anything like it! eskamedia
- uses YouTube data API v3
- compatibility with WordPress themes TrueMag, Avada, Goodwork, SimpleMag, Sahifa, Wave, DeTube, BeeTube, Twenty Thirteen, Twenty Fourteen and Video (plugin will import YouTube videos as posts that are compatible with the theme);
- automatic video import from YouTube playlists or user playlists;
- automatic/manual import of YouTube video image as post Featured Image;
- responsive video and playlist design;
- SEO friendly – YouTube video imported as posts and all content is displayed into page;
- support for HTML5 player;
- multiple players/playlists into the same page;
- latest videos widget;
- compatible with iPad/iPhone;
- embed single videos or playlists into posts/pages using visual interface;
- automatic plugin update (requires purchase code);
- bulk video imports from YouTube playlists, user uploads or search queries;
- video player embeded using only WordPress files to maximize compatibility;
- touch friendly;
- video imports can be used as posts in WordPress front-end;
- external CSS;
- playlist toggle in/out of view;
- all interface developed using WordPress styling;
- no erros or notices.
- import videos as posts compatible with WordPress themes TrueMag, Avada, Goodwork, SimpleMag, Sahifa, Wave, DeTube, BeeTube, Twenty Thirteen, Twenty Fourteen, Video (theme must be installed and active for this option);
- import videos as regular posts that have the same options as custom post type implemented by the plugin (a good alternative to theme compatibility);
- display videos in front-end as video posts or set them private and only display them using shortcodes;
- option to also import video categories from YouTube and assign them to videos;
- option to import video image as post Featured Image;
- import video titles or skip them;
- import descriptions as video description or excerpt or do not import them at all;
- trim descriptions based on a given keyword/sentence and make all URLs in description clickable;
- optional bulk imports status;
- general player settings for: player size, video position in front-end video post, volume, autoplay, player controls, fullscreen, player theme, annotations and other;
- options for individual videos: player size, video position in front-end video post, volume, autoplay, player controls, fullscreen, player theme, annotations and other.
Download the archive from CodeCanyon and do one of the two:
1. Extract the archive you downloaded and upload folder cbc-youtube by FTP into your WP plugins folder OR
2. Using the Upload feature in your WordPress plugin installation page upload the archive you downloaded from CodeCanyon.
- Renamed plugin to YouTube Hub.
- Modified plugin widgets initialization to happen only once due to bug triggered by third party plugins that were implementing do_action(‘widgets_init’) and were causing the initialization to happen more than once;
- Implemented optional plugin widgets caching for 5 minutes in transients to speed up widgets display;
- Solved a bug that was importing videos with closed comments and ping status under certain circumstances;
- Solved a bug that was issuing errors related to YouTube video comment count;
- Implemented filter “cbc_allow_auto_import” that can disable automatic imports from running. To disable automatic imports entirely and for good: add_filter( ‘cbc_allow_auto_import’, ‘__return_false’ );
- Plugin uses YouTube OAuth instead of Server Key when both present (future plugin version won’t use Server Keys anymore, for now OAuth is optional);
- Solved an OAuth bug that was asking to grant permission at a given time interval instead of refreshing access automatically;
- Added option to import YouTube video tags as post tags;
- Added taxonomy “video_tag” for plugin post type “video”;
- Added a new, more flexible mechanism for making WP themes compatible with the plugin;
- Complete rewrite of automatic import process.
- Added automatic import debug messages that can be used to log every import made by the plugin;
- Created a debug plugin that will register all automatic imports into a log for later reference;
- Modified default volume value from 30 to 100.
- Solved a widget bug that was preventing the video thumbnails from being displayed;
- Solved a rare error that was issuing notices when likes/dislikes counts were missing;
- Solved a tabs back-end error on plugin Settings page;
- Updated back-end scripts to WP 4+ jQuery version.
- Plugin compatible with WordPress 4.3 (scheduled for release on August 18th, 2015);
- Added channel title to video details array;
- Modified API query URL forming from using PHP http_build_query() to WP add_query_arg();
- Added WordPress theme NewsTube default compatibility;
- Added filter ‘cbc_cpt_with_front’ that can be used to modify “with_front” rewrite argument for custom post type ‘video’;
- Added filter ‘cbc_taxonomy_with_front’ that can be used to modify “with_front” rewrite argument for custom post type taxonomy ‘videos’;
- Video embedding by plugin is done exclusively using YouTube Iframe API (no more Flash embedding).
- Implemented 3 new actions on bulk imports (both manual and automatic) and thumbnails bulk import that allow removal of third party filters that make the import process take more time. By using this, EWW Image optimizer is prevented from optimizing images when doing bulk imports since the process takes a lot of time;
- Solved an interface bug related to the Select All checkbox when doing manual bulk imports;
- Added video publish date on manual bulk import video list;
- Implemented daily YouTube quota calculator;
- New option to display used YouTube API quota units into the plugin pages;
- New option and functionality to run automatic imports on page load instead of making a background request (useful on some installations where background requests are not allowed);
- Option to grant access to your YouTube accunt and instantly set up and import your playlists, channels or subscriptions;
- Improved plugin Settings page links and redirects to automatically open desired tab set as hash on URL;
- New admin menu plugin page that allows you to query your YouTube account and displays playlists and channels for the user authenticated by OAuth;
- New option that allows to unpublish automatic import playlists if YouTube returns error when query is made to API.
- Solves admin bug “Fatal error: Class ‘CBC_AJAX_Actions’ not found” that may happen on some installations.
- Automatic import playlists import/export file for easy transition between installations;
- Updated to use YouTube API 3;
- New option in plugin Settings page to make regular checks for imported videos on YouTube to see if the video was removed of doesn’t allow embedding;
- Modified manual bulk import interface for better video import management;
- More consistent, user friendly automatic import process;
- Allow video imports from YouTube channels.
- New filter “ccb_allow_video_import”. Allows to prevent certain videos from importing based on different criteria at your choice. Params: - allow (bool); - video (array); - post_type (string); - theme_import (false/array).
- New filter “cbc_video_post_status”. Allows changing the post status to anything else when importing videos. Params: - status (string); - video (array); - theme_import (false/array).
- New field in video details “app_control”. Usually, if this field contains any value, most likely the video isn’t public.
- Embeds are SSL compatible.
- Solved shortcode visual interface bug that wasn’t filtering by category under certain circumstances.
- Solved bug that wasn’t importing maxres image even if the setting was on.
- Added default compatibility with ThemeForest theme BeeTube.
- Solved bug that was creating double posts on certain installations.
- Solves bug related to YouTube publish date importing;
- Solves bug under Automatic Update that was disrupting the loop when importing multiple playlists;
- Adds new stats functionality that saves besides rating and views the likes/dislikes number.
- New option to import thumbnails on demand (at the time they are needed to be displayed);
- New option to import YouTube thumbnail size as needed by your design;
- New option to import thumbnail maximum size if available;
- Redesigned plugin Settings page in tabs for better options management;
- Solved Yoast Video SEO compatibility bug that was preventing videos from being displayed in sitemaps;
- Modified YouTube feed from JSONC to JSON.
- Solved bug: when doing auto import as plugin custom post type, categories were not getting set.
- Solved bug: when importing as regular post show the category taxonomy instead of custom post type videos taxonomy;
- Solved bug: when doing auto import using WP Cron as regular post type and the update was triggered by refreshing one of the admin pages, the plugin menu was assigned to regular post type;
- Solved bug: when making single import as compatible WP theme post, any extra custom fields needed by the theme to display the video were not set.
- Compatible with theme TrueMag;
- Draft imports keep YouTube publish date when setting to do so is on in Settings page;
- YouTube videos can be imported as regular posts that have the same functionality as custom post type video and will follow all settings from Settings page (a good alternative to replace theme compatibility);
- New Help & Info page under plugin WP admin menu;
- New option in Settings page to import videos as regular post type;
- New option in Settings page to prevent auto embedding of videos if links to videos are found in video description;
- New option in Settings page to make all valid URLs clickable.
- Video post type taxonomy widget ( aka video categories widget );
- Custom post type archive set by default along with all supported fields (custom meta, comments, etc. );
- Default compatibility with Yoast Video SEO plugin;
- Added action cbc_post_insert on single video import for compatibility with themes;
- Recent Videos widget can now filter by video category;
- New Settings page option to include custom post type video on your blog homepage;
- New Settings page option to include video microdata for SEO purposes;
- New Settings page option to truncate descriptions on import by providing a string as a delimiter;
- New Settings page option to include custom post type video into main feed;
- Default compatibility with themes: Twenty Thirteen, Twenty Fourteen, Sahifa, Wave and Video;
- New theme compatibility class that encapsulates all functionality.
- Better error management on YouTube data API calls;
- Solves errors in case of wrong YouTube API key;
- Modified WP theme compatibility that will automatically check for parent theme compatibility in case the active theme is a child theme.
- Solved image import bug that prevented YouTube images from being imported in Media Gallery when import was made from front-end;
- New option when creating automatic import playlist to not reiterate the whole playlist every time but only once and after that import only newly added videos;
- New option in Settings page to make automatic imports by running a server CRON JOB instead of the regular WordPress CRON JOB that depends on how much traffic your website receives;
- Solved a bug that was preventing manual imports when automatic imports were running (the 2 overlapped and manual import was not importing);
- Modified theme compatibility verification to detect parent theme only for the default themes (deTube, Avada, GoodWork and SimpleMag);
- Solved bug that was not setting any author on posts when automatic import was made when an anonymous user was visiting the page.
- New option in plugin Settings to display more than 10 results per page when doing manual import;
- New option in plugin Settings to enter YouTube API key (avoids some API error in case you ran into these issues). Please note that as long as you don\’t have any problem using the plugin you can leave this field empty;
- New option for Automatic import when importing user uploads to specify a date and import only videos published after that date;
- New functionality for Automatic update that reiterates the playlist entries once reaching the finish of the playlist (this is default, no action needed from your side);
- Automatic import does not set an orderby parameter anymore so you should get freshest results always (discussed on plugin forums);
- Solved bug that was showing related videos after a video finished playing withouy taking into account if the user has actually set not to display related videos;
- Solved bug that was not saving the import category when a new import was created;
- Added WordPress style Add New button on Automatic import playlist edit;
- New action cbc_before_post_insert that runs just before creating a new video post. Useful in theme compatibility;
- New filters: (1) cbc_video_post_title – you can format the title of any newly inserted video before creating the post, (2) cbc_video_post_content – you can format the post content of any newly created video, (3) cbc_video_post_date – you can modify the publishing date of newly created videos;
- Translation for Swedish;
- Solved theme compatibility bug that was not detecting compatible theme if using child theme.
- Translations ready;
- Translation for Romanian;
- Solved bug for iframe embeds that was not passing the autoplay parameter;
- Solved theme compatibility bug that was not detecting compatible theme if theme folder was changed from default (ie. detube) to another name.
- New option in Settings page to import video image as post featured image;
- New option in Settings page to modify the slug for custom post type video and taxonomy;
- On post/custom post editing, new option in Featured Image meta panel to import the video image from YouTube (available only for posts created by the plugin);
- All videos page (for custom post type) has new bulk action: Import thumbnails. When selected it will automatically import for all selected videos the image from YouTube and set it as Featured Image;
- In automatic playlists table, new column for displaying the category videos are imported in (if set);
- Compatibility with WordPresas themes Goodwork and SimpleMag;
- Solved bug that was preventing running more than 5 playlists for automatic update;
- Solved bug that was setting incorrect video size when importing videos in themes that use embed codes.
- New option on manual and automatic bulk import to import as a different user other than the one currently logged in;
- New options under Settings page to import YouTube date of publishing as post publishing date.
- Compatibility with DeTube WordPress theme – the plugin gives the option to create videos into normal post types that are compatible with DeTube;
- Compatibility with Avada WordPress theme;
- Automatic imports from YouTube playlists and user playlists;
- Option to show videos on all pages (like archives for example) instead of only single pages;
- Improved player script for the HTML5 player to work on themes that use the HTML5 player API;
- Import single posts directly into DeTube or Avada.
- Solved bug that was preventing videos from loading on iPad/iPhone on certain ocasions;
- Updated playlist theme to better respond to responsive designs;
- Improved responsive design by resizing both width and height of player.
- Solved permalink problem that was causing video post type to lead to 404 page unless WordPress permalinks were saved again.
- Recent videos widget can display list of videos as video playlist or normal list of links.
- Categories select box under video bulk import and shortcode are hidden when no categories were created.
- New functionality that allows bulk-import into an already existing category.
- Initial release.