OverviewXSRadio is a great solution for those who need to quickly build a mobile app to stream radio channels and read music news anywhere you are.
* In case your device will show a Toast message saying “Can’t open file”, just download the Astro File Manager app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en
and use it to install the APK. This may happen because of new Android Security options *
VintyMag is a complete Magazine/Newspaper Wordpress Theme where you can showcase your blog news in an old-fashioned look. It is easy to install and configure, and it has got 4 different Home and Categories layouts.
DescriptionXSRadio is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) to browse and listen to SHOUTcast online radios anywhere, as well as read music news, search for radio stations by name and like them.
The Admin can easily insert radio URLs and News in the database on back4app, it’s kinda working with an Excel file, so it’s pretty easy.
He can also send Push Notifications to all registered users through the Push console.
This app is compatible with the SHOUTcast streaming directory, so it supports only URLs grabbed from .m3u files – downloadable for free at https://directory.shoutcast.com
The design is clean, dark mode, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database (Parse Dashboard).
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
BackendIt’s backend is by Parse Server and it’s hosted on back4app – NO MySQL database involved.
Parse Server is flexible, reliable, open source, based on Node.js and well supported by a large community of developers, and back4app is a great BaaS hosting website where you can configure your database, Push Notifications and other features in just a few clicks.
If you want to see a preview of the structure of the demo database, and also clone it in just a click, CLICK HERE!
Extended LicenseAs per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
FeaturesJava/XML language – Native Android Studio project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Android Studio and Java code.
Android 5.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on about 80% of Android devices
Backend with Parse Server hosted on back4app – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on back4app, as well as edit the Parse Server’s SDK code.
Listen to SHOUTcast Radios – Stream any URL form the SHOUTcast Directory website
Search for radios – The template shows a list of musical genres you can select to see their related streamings. It has also got a search field to find radios by keywords.
Read and comment News – People can read music posts and comment them (login is required). The Admin of the app can easily insert news in the database and they’ll be visible in the application.
Report inappropriate comments – Users are able to report abusive/offensive comments that people posted in the Music News section.
Like Radios – When a user is logged in the app, he can like streaming channels and save them for later use.
Edit profile with Name, Username, Email, etc – The Account screen allows people to edit their info, as well as log out and reset their password.
Send Push Notifications – The Admin can send a custom Push Notification to all registered users via the Parse Push Console on back4app.
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
RequirementsThe latest official version of Android Studio – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of AS (download it here. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac or Windows computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your computer’s OS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
A Google Play Developer Account – This is needed for you to publish apps on the Play Store. You can still edit and test this template on Android Studio without that account though.
Basic knowledge of Android Studio and Java/XML language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the Play Store.
A free account on back4app.com – You can create and edit your Parse App and database, get the necessary keys for configurations and test this template for free. It has limitations though, so please check the Pricing table and consider subscribing for a paid plan after your app got published on the App Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the Play Store – Emulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Google’s official Guidelines.
May 7, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.3 - Added this line side the <application> tag in the 'Manifest.xml' file: android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" This fixes the issue on taking pictures with the camera on Android 10 devices
March 10, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.1
- Added this line of code on the top of the onCreate() function in all Java Activity files:
December 23, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version | Remember to update the Parse Server version of your app on back4app from the 'Manage Parse Server' section!
December 17, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version.
** NOTE: IF THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR YOU, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING: **
1. Update your Parse Server to the latest version (currently it's 3.9.0) from the 'Manage Parse Server' section of your Parse App on back4app- unless you already have the latest version selected.
2. Upload the updated 'main.js' file into the 'Cloud Code Function' section of your app on back4app, overwrite the existing one and Deploy it.
December 10, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5.3 - Updated: compileSdkVersion 29 targetSdkVersion 29 in the 'build.gradle' file.
August 22, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5
August 15, 2019
- First release, Android Studio 5.0 and above - Native Android Studio project, Java/XML language