OverviewXSNews is the right solution for those who need to quickly make a mobile app to showcase your Blog or Magazine’s articles, with the power of XServer as backend.
DescriptionXSNews is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) you can use to create a Blog or News application and spread it to the world.
Write articles using this HTML Editor, copy the HTML code and paste it into your database, give it a title and quickly post your news. For more info, please check the Documentation.
Users can save articles for later, browse posts by categories, sign up for an account, report inappropriate comments/news, and share news on social networks.
The Admin can daily check the database for blocked users and take action for it, as well as manually edit data in the database.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database.
• Check out the Demo Database, login as:
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
BackendThe backend of this template is XServer, so you can either buy the XServer REST API an install it on your own VPS server, or create an account on XServer.app and a Database for this app.
After performing the configurations mentioned below, you will run the app and see no content, so Sign Up with a test user in order to create a test account and start testing the app.
NOTE: in case you want to implement your own backend to this template, you do not need to buy the XServer API, nor create an account on XServer.app, but please be aware that implementing a different backend to this template must be performed by you or your developers.
Extended LicenseAs per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
FeaturesiOS Swift language – Native Xcode project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Xcode and Swift.
Storyboard, iOS 11.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on all iOS devices.
Backend with XServer – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on XServer.app, as well as use the XServer REST API hosted on your VPS server.
Post your Articles – Use this HTML online editor (or any other editor you wish) to create your articles, and easily paste your HTML code in the database.
Account screen – Edit your profile, reset your password, contact the Admin and Sign out.
Save for later – You can bookmark your favorite Articles and read them later in the Saved screen.
Email verification – New users will get an email with a link to verify their email address
Push Notifications – Send Push Notifications with XServer to all registered users
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Google Sign in – People can quickly sign with their Google account from the Intro page.
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
RequirementsThe latest official version of Xcode – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of Xcode and you can download it from the Mac App Store. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your macOS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
An Apple Developer Account with an active iOS Development Program – This is needed for you to publish apps on the iTunes App Store. You can still edit this template on code without that account, but you won’t be able to run it on your real iOS device since you’ll need a Team ID.
Basic knowledge of Xcode and Swift language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the App Store.
XServer API – You can either create an account and a Database on XServer.app, or buy the XServer REST API and host it into your own VPS server.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the App Store – iOS Simulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. Apple’s official Guidelines also suggest this.
May 5, 2021
- Added the following keys and descriptions in the 'Info.plist' file:
• Privacy - Tracking Usage Description
** Here's a screenshot for your reference: https://i.postimg.cc/156kd2jc/att-infoplist.png **
- Imported these frameworks in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file:
- Added a function called 'requestATTPermission()' in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
- Called that function into the 'viewDidLoad()' function of the 'Home.swift' file:
April 20, 2021
- Updated the AdMob framework files to version 8.3.0 (in the Frameworks folder)
- Edited the 'fireInterstitialAd()' function in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
- Removed the GADInterstitialDelegate instances in the files where they are present
February 9, 2021
- Edited the 'XSSignUp()' and 'XSObject()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file, in order to get an aray of parameters and perform better API calls
- Added 2 more extensions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
- Edited all the 'let params' and 'var params' arrays in all the Swift files where they are present, in order to match the new code of the SDK and allow you to save the '&' character in a String column of your database.
February 1, 2021
- Edited the 'XSCurrentUser()' and 'XSGetPointer()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
October 10, 2020
- First release