What is X to DataTable
X to DataTable converts csv, Excel and Access files to a .NET DataTable with one line code. You can then bind the DataTable to gui controls to to see them (for example WPF DataGrid). See the preview screenshots on how to use it.
Integrate X to DataTable in your project
Just add the project to your solution and start using the library like in the examples.
What is included
- full source code
- example files
- example project
- heavy commented example and library (public methods)
I recommend to have the Microsoft Access Database Engine installed, it is need to read Excel and Access files. Its included in newer versions of Microsoft Office. There is no need to have Office installed though, just the Access Database Engine.
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to contact me.
- 1.0 (2015-02-09)
- initial release
- 1.1 (2015-02-13)
- cleaned up CsvDataReader a little
- correctly implemented escaped text delimiters, escaped text delimiter (e.g. ””) are now properly handled – ”” will be replaced with “
- changed data type of Delimiter and TextDelimiter in CsvOptions from string to char, as in a csv file can be only one char as delimiter and text delimiter (BREAKING CHANGE)
- added functionality to select data from excel or access by a user defined sql query