It was necessary to remove the plugin. After installing the posts are no longer maintained. You need to clean up the bugs.
Thank you for your purchase of WPAchievements but please do not use this comment section to request support.
WPAchievements comes with documentation that tells you how to register your copy and gain access to our free support forums where our support team will be happy to assist you.
Update is near.
The update was submitted for approval yesterday and so it should be available within a few hours, sorry for the delay.
I have explained to you multiple times, please do not use this comment section to request support.
Hi i just bought this! one thing i overlooked is that there is no chieve for sharing the content (social, fb like, google+ twitter etc)
would there be a way to do this or will it be included in a upcoming update?
im currently using facebook seo comments
Thank you for your purchase of WPAchievements.
Unfortunately it is not possible to detect when a user has shared content on social media, however if you are aware of a WordPress plugin that tracks social sharing then we will be happy to take a look and see if it is possible to add support for that plugin.
i might be wrong though
Without being able to view the code we will not be able to tell if WPAchievements will be able to support the plugins.
We will speak with the authors of the two plugins and find out if we can support them, if we can then we will happily add support for them in the next update.
As soon as we have heard from the authors we will reply to this comment let you know about our findings.
I see you updated the plugin today. I will with for the next update before buying it as they are always hotfix updates after a big update.
Thanks for the amazing plugin!!!
I am getting the following error when trying to add an Achievement :
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /name/name/name/name.us/name/wp-content/plugins/wpachievements/wpachievements_setup.php on line 131
Fixed the problem.
What do I do to write on Russian (the plug-in does not want to accept it) ?
The instructions on registering can be found under “Getting Extra Support” in the “Installation” information.
Additionally you can get this information from the “Support” tab that is located above these comments.
I’ve had this since day 1 of release, thanks again for a great plugin
Thank you for your kind words, we are glad you like it.
Feel free to leave a rating
you’ve had my five star rating since the beginning
Is there a way for tighter integration with the Woo Points & Rewards extension.
The current integration is leaving 2 points systems with 2 separate values (i.e I have 1 point for via WP Achieve and 3 from Woo my total should be 4 points that I can use with the Woo system and my dashboard only shows 1).
It would be nice if the points users earn via the Woo Points & Rewards extension would apply to the WP Achievements points and vice versa.
Additionally it would be great if a trigger for achievements could be added for “earning x number of points” or “earning x number of achievements”.
Thank you for your request but at the moment we feel that the way that WPAchievments is integrated with Woo Points & Rewards is the best way.
As the points that Woo Points & Rewards uses have a monetary value and can be exchanged for discounts on products, we want to make sure that the only way that WPAchevements interacts with it is via achievements so that the admin has strict control over the points given to users.
With regards to your request for the two additional triggers:
We will try to add these to a future update.
Exchanging points for monetary value (ie. purchase a product with points) is consistently being asked for from many of my clients. It appears that it’s the only thing missing.
If that ever becomes available I’ll start sending those clients your way.
Currently it is possible to award monetary points for each achievement when you use “Woo Points & Rewards”.
If it is something that is in demand then we will consider enabling all WPAchievements points to be converted into monetary points when you use Woo Points & Rewards. However the user would have to be careful on how they setup WPAchievements as some points are easy to gain and could result in people gaining a huge amount of points quickly.
Hi! Great Plugin! I’d like, though, to change the width of the achievements page to best fit my theme. How can I do it? Thanks!
Thank you for your purchase.
The css for the achievement page can be found in “wpachievements/css/style.css”.
To change the width you should modify the following css ID’s:
In future if you have any support related questions please do not use this comment section to request support.
Can you make this plugin( http://codecanyon.net/item/facebook-connect-and-viral-tool-for-wordpress/158212 ) work out with yours?
What exactly do you want WPAchievements to do with that plugin?
I ask as WPAChievements already has a built in Facebook posting system for achievements and ranks.
WPSocialStreamer Plus & WPSS Arcade Extension?
oh sorry just now i read this
If your user is connected to your website via Facebook (using any Facebook plugin) then achievements will be posted directly to their Facebook wall!! Multiple Achievement Event”
To be more specific I want:
1. The user when they create a wp account through a facebook login, they will gain points
2. The user get points when they make comments in the native wp system, and if they signed in with their fb account tehir comment will be automatically posted on their wall.
3. When the users like a post they’ll get points.
q1. Can you add similar option for twitter and google plus?
q2. Does your plugin have also the capabilities of thos two plugins (WPSocialStreamer Plus & WPSS Arcade Extension)??
1. This is only supported via “BuddyStream”.
2. WPAchievements does not post anything to Facebook other than achievements and ranks.
3. WPAchievements does not currently detect the “Like” of a post.
Q1. Currently the only way that Twitter and Google+ are supported are via “BuddyStream”, but this only awards points when a user first syncs their social account.
Q2. WPAchievements can award points and achievements for all the events that are used in “WPSocialStreamer Plus” and “WPSS Arcade Extension”. However it is not directly integrated with either of the two plugins.
thnx for the infos also, do you know if they answer on emails at exells.com? i sent a email on 31/05/2013 and another 2-3 days ago and they didn’t answer me. I sent another today and an email on myarcadeplugin.com. i hope that i will get an answer.
We have no association with the websites that you have mentioned so I cannot answer questions about how or when they answer emails.
I’m thinking of purchasing this plugin. I’ve been a great fan of free plugin Cubepoints as it has similar points system. But in my experience, the paid version like yours is always the best option as I want to make sure it works with the latest WP version.
What I’m trying to do with my site is relatively simple (no fancy stuff so I can avoid as little errors as possible):
1) to have Achievement points/score for every posts read
2) We would really like our member to only able to read a post ONE WEEK after reading another post (since we are providing a Weekly goal post); since we can’t really achieve this, then receiving a certain Achievement rank/score would enable that Week 2 post to be open is certainly the best alternative
3) able to show Achievements/Ranks score on the sidebar via Widget
Can your plugin do all of 3 above with the latest WP version?
Thank you for your interest in WPAchievements.
Here are the answers to your questions:
1) The current version of WPAchievements can give points to the user every time they view a post but the user can view the same post multiple times and still get points. This is fixed in the new version that will be released within the next 48 hours as users will only get points once per post.
2) This can be done easily with our Content Lock system… You simple create a new rank for each post and ensure that when they read a post they receive enough points to gain the rank for the new post.
3) WPAchievements comes with multiple widgets which allow you to display the users achievements, rank and also an achievements leaderboard.
So far, this plugin is very nice. I am especially impressed with the ongoing development. One feature request:
Can you make it possible for Admins to award achievements without a defined trigger?
Thanks, and keep up the great work!
The next update for WPAchievements is currently in the testing phase but we will certainly look at adding the feature you have requested to a future update.
Thank you for your kind words, and please feel free to leave a rating.
I’m interested in purchasing this plugin.
Is there a way I can change the “Points” table to update a specific table in my database? I have a site where users earn points, and I’d like those points to be in the same table.
I used CubePoints in the past, and had modified their plugin to run the SQL queries I needed.
Is there a way I can do this with your plugin? Better yet, is there a way to override your plugin’s point updating system in my theme functions (or a custom plugin of my own), so when I download future updates of your plugin, my work isn’t undone?
This is my main selling point. If it’s possible I’m sold, if not, I’ll probably have to keep looking.
It is possible to modify the plugin to post user points to a custom database, however we will be releasing a new update within a week that will add several hooks inside important functions.
This means that you will not need to modify WPAchievements but will instead be able to add a simple bit of code within your theme/custom plugin that will update your database table every time that points are gained.
That’s awesome. Looks like I have some grand timing. Will this new feature have good documentation on how to do that?
The hooks that are going to be added will not be fully documented as they are meant for experienced developers, however if you require assistance with any modifications then you can ask in our free support forum and our support team will be happy to help you.
Great. I will most likely be able to handle it, but it’s good to know you’ll have support too. Looking forward to the update so I can purchase and begin testing.
Is it safe to assume this update has been made? It was the only thing holding me back from buying this plugin.
Yes in the past couple of updates we have added multiple hooks that you should be able to use to ensure that points are added to the table of your choosing, however WPAchievements will still need to use its default database tables as well.
My apologies for not informing you sooner.
It says you do support through your forum, but registration doesn’t appear to be enabled.
I want to know what file(s) I need to edit for the plugin to use my own custom point system so users who have points on my site can earn achievements/ranks, and when they do earn achievements, it’ll update my custom table instead of the Achievements default.
Having an issue with this ridiculously, outrageously awesome, my favorite buy out of the 201 purchases on Envato to date (This plugin i’m talking about!) working with Visual Composer. It’s a fatal error, I signed up for the support forums late last night, but just wanted to bring it to the attention here of anyone else who may be having the issue?
Update adding onto this:
When I say working with, I mean being activated at the same time.
PS: With all the updates you’re adding onto the product, you should ask for an increase from Envato, my one friend got one when he asked and he got a $2 bump I think (in price)
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for your purchase of WPAchievements but please do not use this comment section to request support.
i’m not requesting support, I’ve already registered, I was just seeing if anyone else is having the same issue at all, and to have others aware of the issue in case it happens in the future.
If you are having a problem with the plugin then please ask for support and get the issue fixed.
This way it will fixed for you and anyone else having the same issue.
AMAZING SUPPORT AND EVEN BETTER PLUGIN!
5 stars ( I would rate it even higher but it is not possible
Thank you very much for your kind words, we are glad that you enjoy this plugin.
I was wondering if this achievement plugin allows the following for woocommerce:
- Achievements based on amount of purchases done (1, 5, 10, etc)
- Achievements based on amount spent on purchases (5$, 10$, etc)
Can i assign custom achievements to a user manually?
Will he receive notification for such achievements once he logs on the website or it just adds up without notification (assuming he’s offline).
Looking forward to buy this, great job so far!
The answer to your questions are:
1. You can award achievements based on the number of times a user completes the checkout process but not on the number of individual items purchased during the check out process.
2. Currently you cannot award achievements on the amount spent during the checkout process, however this is an interesting idea and we will look into the possibility of adding it to the next update.
3. You can manually award achievements to users and the user will be notified when they next log on to the website. However in the current version of WPAchievements you can only create achievements based off actions, such as adding comments, making purchases etc.
We do plan on adding the ability to create custom “non-action” based achievements, for example: “xx points for being a cool guy”; but we do not know if that will be added in the next update or a future one.
I appreciate your comprehensive reply on all my questions. I’ll be purchasing this plugin for sure.
On topic 2. could be either amount based on a single checkout or an amount accomulated on purchases done through time.
I have a couple of questions:
1. can I use the plugin in order to give a user (a contributor) achievements based on posts he publishes, number of comments he recieves etc?
2. Can I put the badges in the each author’s individual page? Also, Can he then share each badge through facebook, tweeter etc?
3. I will need ti translate the plugin to hebrew. Is it ready to be translated or should this be a problem?
4. Can you maybe give a link to a site using your plugin?
Thanks a lot!
1. Yes WPAchievements can award users for adding posts but not the number of comments they get, although we plan to add this in a future update.
2. WPAchievements comes with a shortcode that can be used to display a users badges anywhere you wish. Also every time a user gets an achievement they are able to share it via Facebook if you activate it in the settings area.
We plan on adding more social media, such as twitter, in the future.
3. WPAchievements comes with documentation that explains how to simply translate the plugin, however RTL languages are not currently 100% supported but we will be added it to a future update.
4. As we currently do not track which websites have installed WPAchievements we are unable to provide you with an example link.
Thank you for the quick reply.
Two follow-up questions:
1. You say that the users can share their badges through facebook if I activate it. I looked at your screenshots and I saw there something about writing a facebook application and other instructions I didn’t quite understand. Are these two points related? what do you mean by writing a facebbok application?
2. What kind of problems might I encounter when I try to translate the plugin to an RTL language?
1. Currently you need to setup a Facebook application to enable the users to share their achievements, however the next update removes this need and instead uses custom code to automatically allow the sharing via Facebook.
2. The only problems that you should encounter when translating to a RTL language is that all of WPAchievements text elements are left aligned, however we will add better RTL support to the next version.
Do you have an estimation when the update should arrive?
Also, if I purchae the plugin in the meanwhile, will it be able to get support from you regarding the facebook application setup? This looks like the main obstacle for me now, since I do not know how to set up the application myself… Perhaps you can give the guidelines so that each customer, even if he’s not a facebook developer, can do it himself?
We hope to have the new update released by the end of the week.
Also we could provide guidance on how to set-up a Facebook application, however we would recommend waiting until the new update is released as it will make things a lot easier for your and we will also ensure RTL is better supported so you will hopefully have no issues to deal with.
That sounds great! I will wait for the update. Thanks for all the assistance.
Hi I am very interested in this plug-in but I would like to confirm that it suits my needs. I would like to have custom medal images on the users WP profile that I create and within the dashboard I can just edit a user and tick each medal this user should have displayed.
Something like a Medal box is what I would like to see – I can edit the layout etc afterwards but I need the basic functionality. Thanks.
WPAchievements has two shortcodes which can be used to display the users achievements (badges) and also their rank information.
These shortcodes can be easily inserted in any theme files and have multiple options available for customising the output.
If you require any assistance with creating your “Medal Box” then you can make a post on our support forum and our support team will be happy to help.
Thanks that sounds great. So does the user have a profile that is view -able by other registered users to see the Rank / Achievements?
The reason I ask is that user do not post on this site or comments – the user profile is the only thing that will be seen. hence the reason for a Rank and images representing Medals.
WPAchievements does not provide a user profile page, just the shortcodes to show users achievements/badges and their rank information. So you would have to either create your own user profile page or use another plugin to create one for you.
I don’t suppose you could recommend a plug-in that this would work well with. Sounds like just what I need.
I do not know of any plugin’s that only add profile pages, however plugins such as BuddyPress provide them.
You could could just modify your theme to use the author.php file, information here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Author_Templates
The plugin is not publishing the achievements on Facebook, according to Facebook Insights is published 6 times of over 30 times was to publish.
Thank you for the feedback.
We have a new update planned to be released in the next few days that includes improved Facebook handling.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Unlimited downloads only
$29 p/m on Envato Elements
Download over 18,000 items now
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work