This author's response time can be up to 5 business days.
Could you please help me resolve the issue with the modal window? Instead of popping up on the screen, the message appears in the footer. I noticed someone already posted about it a few days ago.
please send WP-Admin credentials to email@example.com.
We will help you asap.
I appreciate the great customer service and response time was amazing. Thank you!
If you have any more issues feel free to contact us.
We installed this plugin, but the Country Selection page seems to be broken after we put the shortcode in?
please set the whole plugin folder ”/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-country-selector/” and ALL files to 0777. This will help.
Hi there, we’ve just purchased the plugin, however the popup is not firing as should. The site is http://pecandeluxe.com/
We’ve setup all the necessary settings in the backend and when we use developer tools to force show the modal via CSS it looks fine. However it’s just not triggering open automatically.
Any assistance would be really appreciated.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'src' of null
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (?country=debug:651)
at i (jquery.min.js:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.min.js:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.min.js:2)
Hi thanks so much for the quick response, popup’s firing now.
Unfortunately we’ve hit a snag as we have 3 sites USA: http://pecandeluxe.com/ Thailaind: http://pecandeluxe.com/th/ and United Kingdom http://pecandeluxe.com/uk/ .
Unfortunately if we access either the Thai or UK sites the popup says “Stay at United States” and not “Stay at Thailand / UK”. Is there a way to amend that?
Is it possible to stop the popup from firing automatically if a user visits the correct site from their location straight away too? At the moment if we visit the US site from the US we still get the popup asking if we want to stay on the USA site or Visit the USA site.
Thanks in advance!
Please send WP-Admin credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi thanks for the quick response, unfortunately we can’t give away admin credentials. We’ve fixed the first issue, it was a conflict with the caching plugin, however the popup still fires if the user is in the right country. Any guidance would be really appreciated.
It could be a problem with the URLs you have entered. For example if you have setup “http://pecandeluxe.com/” in the plugin, but the real address is “http://pecandeluxe.com” then you have to remove the slash at the end.
Also you should set your USA site as a default one and not in the USA setting.
Thanks again for the swift reply, really appreciate it! That’s solved it. The only issue we’re having is with the Thailand site being in English we have to keep the Thailand site language english which won’t pull through the right flag / country for the “stay at Thailand” mention. Is there a potential workaround?
Not quite sure what you mean. Could you explain in detail?
Hi I just bought the plugin and turns out its not compatible with WPML
ran through many issues
1. Auto redirect thinks im in Canada when im in Thailand.
2. When disable auto redirect the page ask for To Go Thailand or stay in the United States what if someone is not in the United States also when choose Thailand the popup is poping up again asking do you want to stay in Thailand
3. When auto redirect go to Thailand cant change language back to English what if im a foreigner in Thailand and cant read thai.
Is it possible to get a refund?
just make a refund request
from where you or envato?
1) we are facing problems with page display (we are changing CHMOD and we shall see)
2) we would like to change flag and text of “Stay USA” text on popup, where can we find that text?
1) What is your issue here? Could you please specify?
2) If you want to change the text, you can change the translations with a plugin like “Loco Translate”. Just install the plugin, edit our plugin translations and change the text to whatever.
Hope we could help you
Thank you for your prompt response, regarding issues:
1) now the page is visible on the home page but the alignment is horrible, is there any css lines or other ways to display it as in your preview?
There is also a problem with UK map icon (is not displayed)
2) ok for translation, is there any way to change “stay at united states” and flag? Where is the file stored?
1) Please change the CHMOD of the plugin and ALL files to 0777. Then check again. If it is still broken, please send WP-Admin credentials to email@example.com
2) Flag is configured from your settings. And you can change even the English translation to another English translation.
You can also write a short mail to us with the credentials and want to want to archive. Then we can help you.
If i got to my domain – www.domain.com – and the popup comes and i get suggested to go to the Danish website. I click go – and your plugin perfectly redirects me.
Next time i go to the main domain www.domain.com – isn’t it possible to have a cookie which remembers the option ?
Also an addtional to that question – The widget, doesn’t seem show the correct country flag in the widget selector.
I figured it out Widget is perfect the way its designed. Its only the cookie issue I have.
You have to set the site language to whatever your site’s language is. Seems like now it is United States.
Hey db-dzine – Yeah i figured that out – though I have 2 questions:
1. If a user already has selected to go to a country, when he visits the main site again can he be redirected? aka place a cookie of the selection.
2. Can i in the Modal allow an option to go to the Country selection page? So basically: You are in XX – Click here to go to XX or stay United states
If above doesn’t fit and you want to select a different country – click here. This link then goes tothe country selection page
I tried to do this via, the header in the modal, the issue is when they go to the country selection page the popup occurs again.
3. I seem have an infinite loop on the site when a site is selected it redirects them to the new url www.xxxx.xx/dk – then the popup reappears and says:
Do you want to visit our Website in your country?
Go to Denmark
Stay at Denmark
1) Good point! This is currently not implemented, but we will put this on our development schedule
2) This is not possible, but also a good point for future dev.
3) Please make sure that the site’s URL matches 100% the URL in the plugin. Watch out for www / not www and for an ending ”/”.
3) The URL’s are copied and are still giving a constant loop Any suggestions to fix please check no-logo.dk
Have you set the DK URL in the plugin settings to “http://no-logo.dk/dk” (WITHOUT a slash in the end)?
.... Sorry – your totally right, i had a slash at the end….. I removed it and now it works. Thanks
Any way i could contribute in a way to a faster development of the features (2 & 3) as im in a project where such features would save my life ?
Please i need to purchase this wordpress country selector. I have wordpress installed in my Godaddy hosting service plan. I need help to know how to set it up.
my idea of a country selector format i need is fedex.com
you just have to install this wordpress plugin.
The plugin is telling me I need Redux Framework which is conflicted with my theme!
why is it in conflict?
I will not let me do any theme customising or custom css code. The popup window is sitting off the page and the CSS editor for you plugin is not working so added the code to my theme CSS or tried to.
Please try setting the plugin folder CHMOD to 0777
I presume you mean your plugin! I still can not edit the stylesheet on my theme!
maybe we understood each other. Could you please send WP-Admin & FTP Credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org? Also please include a screenshot of what does not work as you like
This comment is currently being reviewed.
our plugin supports a widget, which shows the current language. You can see it in action on our demo site on the footer right.
When I try to manually change country, it automatically redirects again to same country, that’s not good. Also this widget is useless if there is no any dropdown to change country! Every page automatically redirects to base page.
Before making a bad review, you could have contacted us!
1) When the plugin redirects you always to the same site, you have made a configuration mistake. Maybe you have set a slash (/) at the end or forgot the www
2) Dropdown was not described and you could have clearly see, that there is no dropdown on the demo site.
Anyway you could have contacted us first via email@example.com
Hey. I’m having an issue, on my Ukrainian site the widget won’t show the country flag, other sites work ok.
An also is there a way to show the same modal that the widget shows to the first time user instead of “Seems like you are coming from …!” page ?
1) please make sure your blog language is set to Ukraine. If this does not work please send WP-Admin credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) currently not, but we will put this on our development schedule
Hi Thank you for your reply. The blog is set to Ukrainian, but WPLANG is uk and not uk_UA as with other languages.
Update – changed WPLANG to uk_UA and still no flag icon
Sent you the credentials. Thank you.
Thanks, but we can not access the Ukraine site. Please add us as an admin there too.
Thanks. What is really strange is, that your blog language does not get read correctly.
Have you any Plugin installed (like WPML) that could overwrite your blog language?
Otherwise: May you send us FTP-Credentials so that we can check why?
I did not install any strange plugins, and other Lang codes are working correctly. there is a file manager installed on this site
Okay then please send FTP credentials so that we can debug.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $7.50
This item is licensed 100% GPL.
Unlimited downloads only
$29 p/m on Envato Elements
Download over 18,000 items now
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work