Start chatting with your visitors who need your help.
Update 2.2.5 – 2 October 2016
- UPDATE: Supports WordPress 4.6+
- UPDATE: Operators can see “Restart” button in console settings
- UPDATE: Updated titan framework into 1.10
- FIX: SSL issue. Now fully supported
- FIX: broken icons issue (front-end)
- FIX: back-end options errors when the language is different than English
- FIX: font-color in design chat options
Update 2.2.4 – 22 July 2016
- FIX: WPML 3.2 and all newer versions compatibility.
- FIX: Operator names (requires to click “restart” button in chat console > settings.
- Open source
- One-time fee (1 license = 1 website)
- 100 users1 can chat at one time (i.e. 10 operators and 90 visitors)
- Initiate chat with the visitor
- Cute skin (fully customizable)
- Very clean code
- Fast and lightweight
- More than one operators can reply the same user’s question
- Visitors can fill out contact form when all operators are offline
- “Email notifications” when new visitor is online (optional)
- SSL support. All your and visitor messages will be encrypted
- Supports WPML 3.2+
- Tested with WordPress 4.6
- Tested with PHP 7
(1): One browser tab equals to 1 user connection. If a user opens 2 tabs on your website, it will be counted as 2 user connections
What’s new with 2.1
- Social links (appears in post-chat and offline modes)
- “Chat logs”
- “End chat” link
- “Email chat history”
- “Specific pages & categories” feature in general options
- “x is typing…” notification for both operator and visitor
- Polylang support (multilingual translations)
- Post-chat popup
- “Email chat history” button in postchat
- Functionality to clean up junk users on page load (in chat console)
- WordPress 4.0 or newer version
- Free Firebase account
- Multisite network feature is NOT supported (even it’s installed on single site) [?]
- There is no mobile app for CX yet. Operators must use WordPress admin panel to answer visitors
- You may have errors if site homepage is different than the directory you installed WordPress.
LicensingJust to remember, as you know that Regular License ($25) is for single-domain only (i.e. yourdomain.com). It is Envato sales policy. Besides, there is no additional costs and all CX updates will be free, of course. Learn more (Extended Licence and more)
Do I need to create an operator user? Or admins can be a chat operator? All administrators can have all rights of operators. So normally you don’t need to create an operator user.
Can I check and reply from my mobile device as operator? No. Operators (and admins as well) must connect WordPress from their desktop (Mac or PC). No mobile support yet. However, visitors can login chat and talk with online operators from their mobile devices.
Can I put my logo/image next to chat button? It is up to your HTML/CSS knowledge. You will want to add your custom CSS code in advanced chat settings
Reply is instant? Chat is realtime. It uses Firebase as platform (no additional fee up to 100 connections)
Any extra server setup is needed? No. You will need only free Firebase account. No additional installation is required on server.
CX uses Firebase (free) for realtime platform to make your chat faster and reliable. That means CX doesn’t use your own resources like other AJAX chats. Your all chat data stored on Firebase temporarily during chat communication. Besides, your data will be removed from Firebase and saved on your own server after ending chat. So you still keep your data in your server without using your server resources too much!
Chat can be ended by both visitors and operators. If visitor close window, chat is ended automatically.We removed AJAX from CX and start to use Firebase, because:
- AJAX is slow and not realtime (even your server is really good)
- AJAX overloads CPU usage
- 100 user connections is NOT possible with AJAX
- Chat should send request to server every second. While WP itself can overload CPU usage even it doesn’t use AJAX frequently, a chat script would overload CPU easily: WordPress heavy admin-ajax.php usage
- There is no way to build a mobile application with AJAX (it is possible but it will kill mobile battery if we do that with AJAX)