Wordly is a word guessing game. The game is inspired from the trendy app Wordle where a new word is generated globally every 24 hours and you have 5 tries to guess the 5 letters word, if a specific letter exists in the word and is in the right place it would be green, if the letter exists in the word and is in the wrong place it would be yellow and if the letter doesn’t exist in the word then it would be gray.
Wordly has a lot more to offer, There’s also the custom mode where the player can choose the number of letters and the frequency of the word generation (every X hours). More features in the Features section
- Splash Screen – So the user won’t be starting at a blank screen when the app is loading.
- Offline App – You don’t need a backend for the game, still in the Normal Mode the generated words are global meaning every person in the world would get the same word.
- Custom Modes – Unlike the original game, with Wordly the player can create custom modes and change the number of letters or the frequency of picking new words.
- Multi-Language Support – With Wordly, you can set multiple languages for the users to pick from or make an app with your prefered language, you just need to configure the Language and add words lists of that language and you’re ready to go.
- Word Definition – What is a game without an opportunity to learn something new. With Wordly after you finish a game (win or lose), you can see the definition of that word and add it to your vocabulary.
- Rewind – A user can rewind a try if he feels like he messed up and wants another chance.
- Statistics – Like the original game, the player can get his statistics + the ability to share the trys of last word in the Normal Word.
- Timer – Like the original game, Wordly has a countdown timer for the next word.
- Notifications – The player can get notifications when the new word is picked.
- Configurable – App easy to setup and configure even if you are not a developer.
- Online Configurable – You can change your configurations whenever you want using Firebase Remote Config.
- Reskinnable – You are free to customize your app however you like and it is an easy process to follow.
- Clean Commented Code – If you are a developer, you can easily edit, add, delete whatever you like.
- Interstitial Ad – Using Admob, it takes only a few seconds to show interstitial advertisements after each game.
- Rewarded Ad – Using Admob, it takes only a few seconds to show a Rewarded advertisements when the user wants to rewind a try.
- Firebase – Support for Firebase core.
- RTL Support – Supporting RTL languages and layouts and you can easily translate the text in the app in a single file.
v3.0: - Custom HTML page for Language - Advanced Word Check - Bug Fixes (More Responsive, Statistics, Notifications) v2.2: - Bug Fixes (Game process and Rewind feature) v2.1: - Bug Fixes (Rewind feature) v2.0: - Added Multi-Language Support - Added Word Definition - Added Rewind Functionality - More ads (Banner/Interstitial/Rewarded) - Online Configurations - Some Bug Fixes v1.1: - Added Admob Mediation - Network Checker (Allow gameplay only if there's internet) - Some Bug Fixes v1.0: Initial release