WooCommerce Deposits is a premium WordPress and WooCommerce plugin for handling partial payments. Customers pay a fixed price or percentage up front. You can also force a deposit.
WooCommerce Deposits is fully compatible with the WooCommerce Bookings plugin, allowing you to collect deposits on bookings as well as other products.
- Accept or force deposits on products in your store.
- New with WooCommerce 3.0+ : Checkout mode to make deposits cart based and deposit option button located in checkout
- New with WooCommerce 3.0+ : Automatic email reminders to pay remaining amount after speific number of days
- Select deposit type: Fixed value or percentage.
- Customers can pay the remaining amount later by logging in.
- Disable or enable deposits site-wide with a single click.
- Disable specific payment gateways when there’s a deposit in cart.
- Display custom messages when the deposit option is chosen.
- Add new deposits from the order editor in the admin back-end.
- Built for WooCommerce: Designed from the ground up to work with WooCommerce.
- Compatible with WooCommerce Bookings: Multiply the deposit by persons on your bookings or collect a percentage of the total value.
- Deposit reports are available in the WooCommerce reports panel.
- Fully translatable: Compatible with WPML.
- Comes pre-translated in the following languages: Arabic, Dutch, English, French, German, and Spanish.
04/10/2017 version 2.1.5
- fixed a bug : on deposit payment, order status was updating to processing instead of partially-paid with some payment gateways.
24/09/2017 version 2.1.4
- Tweak : enhanced display of deposit and second payment in customer emails
- fixed a bug : wrong amount was displaying in customer email if user choose to pay deposit by check then second payment by check as well
16/09/2017 version 2.1.3
- fixed a bug : deposit calculation in checkout mode was not correct for some cases
- minor bug fixes
30/08/2017 version 2.1.2
- Tweak : added filter “wc_deposits_is_product_deposit_enabled” to override whether deposit is enabled or not on product-level
- Tweak : added filter “wc_deposits_product_force_deposit” to override whether deposit is forced or not on product-level
14/08/2017 version 2.1.1
- Feature : possibility to split taxes cost on deposit / second payment according to amounts
- Feature : deposit-breakdown explanation tooltip next to deposit amount title in cart & checkout
- Improved compatibility with YITH WooCommerce Product Bundles
- added filter “wc_deposits_cart_item_deposit_data” to allow overriding deposit values for each individual cart item
- minor bug fixes
11/07/2017 version 2.1.0
- Marked setting “Display Taxes” as Deprecated
- Feature : Strings Override section in settings, allows changing of all frontend text displayed to customer
- Tweak : Deposit slider buttons are now loaded as a woocommerce template, it can be overwritten in parent / child theme
08/07/2017 version 2.0.10
- fixed a bug : for some cases stock was not reducing when paying full amount
- fixed a bug with subscription products
10/06/2016 version 2.0.9
- minor bug fixes
- Tweak : deposit button will not display in checkout mode if deposit amount is 0 or less
24/05/2017 version 2.0.8
- rewritten email templates to match woocommerce latest templates
- minor bug fixes in order editor
- removed some legacy code
- other minor fixes
22/05/2017 version 2.0.7
- fixed a bug with deposit calculation
20/05/2017 version 2.0.6
- compatibility with WooCommerce 3.0.7
- Feature : checkout-based deposit mode added ( available for Woocommerce 3.0.0+ )
- updated translations
26/04/2017 version 2.0.5
- compatibility with woocommerce 3.0.4
- enhancements to Woo Subscriptions compatibility on product page
- Feature : new email template : Second Payment Reminder ( available for Woocommerce 3.0.0+ )
- Feature : added the ability for admin to set up reminder email of second payment to be sent automatically to customer after * number of days ( available for Woocommerce 3.0.0+ )
- added resend partially-paid and second-payment reminder emails to order actions, resend order emails section ( available for Woocommerce 3.0.0+ )
- updates to deposit calculations interface in admin order area ( based on product deposits and taxes/fees/shipping handling settings)
- fixed an error with refunded orders in order management admin page
16/04/2017 version 2.0.4
- compatibility with woocommerce 3.0.3
- product editor and bulk editor compatibility with woocommerce 3.0.* CRUD
- Woo Subscriptions compatibility : deposit calculation now applies on sign-up fee and ignores recurring subscription fees.
- Featured : added option that allows user to choose when to collect fees (either with deposit or second-payment)
- fixed a bug with incorrect deposit amount when changing order total after it becomes already partially-paid
- fixed a bug with email templates
- added filters ‘woocommerce_deposits_cart_deposit_amount’ and ‘woocommerce_deposits_cart_second_payment_amount’ allowing overriding of deposit and second-payment amounts in cart/checkout
- fixed a bug with some emails failing to send due to empty body error
- some improvements to “update outdated orders” tool
- Deposit status row removed from order received and email templates because of a bug with WooCommerce caching, it still is viewable from my-account page
- Implemented wc-deposits-legacy classes for backward compatibility
- replaced all product/order meta updating functions to use WooCommerce 3.0+ CRUD
- fixed a bug with variations product not working
- updated email templates to be fully functional with WooCommerce 3.0
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.0
- Feature : added gateway compatibility enhancement section to settings (with a single option currently)
- updated translations
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 2.6.14
- Feature : added option that allows user to choose when to collect taxes (either with deposit or second-payment)
- Feature : added option that allows user to choose when to collect shipping (either with deposit or second-payment) , please note that shipping taxes are collected with taxes
- Feature : added option to use basic radio buttons for deposits in product pages,helpful in cases where there are multiple deposit buttons in the same page or when there are css conflicts
- Tweak : deposit & remaining fields won’t display in cart / checkout/ emails if there is no deposit in cart /order
- fixed a bug of some orders displaying incorrect price amounts
- fixed a minor display bug with order editing page
- fixed a bug which caused partially-paid orders to get cancelled if making second payment fails
- fixed a bug that caused “pay” button to display to customers even if second payment is disabled by admin
- fixed a compatibility bug with woocommerce bookings that caused fatal error to occur when trying to access bookings
- fixed a minor bug with decimal separator in admin order editing area
- added compatibility with Payment Gateway Based Fees
- Improved compatibility with Woocommerce Bookings and Woocommerce Appointments
- Feature : added options to change deposit button colors
- updated translations
- Fix stock reduction not working in rare cases.
- Don’t modify order totals after order completion.
- Overhaul of the order editor logic.
- Fix “Amount Paid:” and “To Pay:” in contextual situations.
- Fix order totals with WooCommerce 2.5.
- Fix email templates with WooCommerce 2.5.
- Support for Composite Products. You must add a deposit percentage to at least one component.
- Don’t hide any items in order editor.
- Hide `Remaining Amount` on final payment.
- Fix an issue with emails and the remaining amount.
- Fix a rounding issue.
- Fix a bug with WooCommerce Bookings.
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 2.5.
- Generate unique order numbers based on order status. (Better compatibility with gateways)
- Fixed bug with variable products and Booking System PRO.
- Fixed translations having the wrong file names.
- Misc. UI bug fixes.
- Added new translations: Arabic, Dutch, French, German, and Spanish.
- Added bulk editing.
- Added WooCommerce reports.
- Added new email templates: partial payment emails to the customers now contain a payment link.
- Added the option to prevent customers from making the second payment.
- Added stock reduction options. (On deposit/full payment)
- Extra filters to control items passed to the gateway.
- Change ‘Paid Today:’ to ‘To Pay:’ in the cart as well as the checkout page.
- Set explicit price on line items on second payment.
- Fixed typos in email description and the admin interface.
- Fixed stylesheet priority.
- Fixed WooCommerce detection in multi-site configurations.
- Fixed calculation of order total when manually creating new order.
- Fixed issue with deposit metadata handling.
- Hide everything without a remaining amount from the second payment.
- Fix WooCommerce colour selection.
- Changed ‘Paid Today:’ to ‘To Pay:’
- WooCommerce 2.3.x compatibility.
- Fixed missing translations.
- Fixed a potential rounding issue.
- Fixed order editor bug preventing setting the remaining amount to 0.
- Removed redundant price suffixes.
- Fixed rare bug in the enumeration of variable products.
- Restore deposit/price range upon clearing variable product selection.
- Don’t display ‘per item’ for products sold individually.
- Applied coupon discounts will now subtract from the remaining amount rather than the deposit amount when appropriate.
- The ‘Paid Today’ and ‘Remaining’ fields are now displayed after ‘Order Total’ in the cart totals.
- Manually marking orders with a deposit as complete clears the remaining balance.
- Only enqueue front-end scripts and styles on product pages with deposits enabled.
- Fixed tax display option always activating.
- Fixed misc. translations.
- Fixed deposit button CSS and expanded gradient browser support.
- Added minimum-maximum deposit display for variable products when a percentage is used.
- Added dynamic client-side deposit display for variable products.
- Fixed product tax display. (Since tax is always collected upfront)
- Added the option to add taxes to the deposit for purposes of display.
- Fixed PayPal cart issues with partial payments.
- Added ‘Partially paid’ order status.
- Added editable deposit fields in the order editor admin back-end.
- Added the ability for the customer to pay the remaining amount.
- Added email hooks for the new order status.
- Added additional security checks.
- Fixed conditional payment gateway disabling logic.
- Fixed initial status for the deposit switch.
- Fixed order-specific currency display in order admin view.
- Fixed order-specific currency display in emails and the checkout page.
- Fixed a security issue.
- Updated totals display in the ‘my account’ page.
- More small fixes.
- Added the ability to change the button text for the deposit options.
- Added the ability to select the default deposit option when adding to cart.
- Fixed links in custom messages in the add-to-cart form.
- Some small fixes.
- Added the ability to disable specific payment gateways when there’s a deposit in cart.
- Added the ability to disable all deposit functionality site-wide.
- Added the ability to show custom messages in the add-to-cart form.
- New site-wide settings tab in the WooCommerce settings.
- A number of small fixes.
2014.10.16 – version 1.0 * First Release.