Are you still using dropdowns for your variable products?
Don’t you want to provide a more clear and natural way for your buyers to select product options?
Did you know that WooCombinator can turn your boring selects into clickable buttons?
WooCombinator is a plugin for WooCommerce.
This plugin turns the boring select elements of variable products to buttons.
Updated on 3th October 2018 with version 1.0.7 now comes with 17 styles and 2 experimental transition effects to choose from.
What is a variable product?
A variable product is a standard product type in WooCommerce. A variable product has multiple attributes and the customer select one from each attribute. For example a shoe has size and color attributes – the customer can select these parameters.
WooCombinator hides the select elements and renders buttons instead – but the controlling logic is still handled by WooCommerce.
You can set your own classes and/or select from the 17 pre-defined styles. Also you can write your own inline CSS styles (if there are no other option to include/edit a custom CSS file).
By default WooCombinator try to re-use the button element of your theme but maybe you will need some CSS tweaks.
- Wordpress Customizer is supported
- 17 predefined styles
- 2 transition effects (experimental)
- Set CSS classes for elements and states
- Compatibility options
- Plugin can be disabled on selected product pages
- Write your own inline CSS rules
- Changes only the display logic – the control logic is still handled by WooCommerce
- Documentation included
- Minified CSS and JS files are included
- some CSS/HTML knowledge maybe required
- depending on your WooCommerce template maybe you will need to define the active and disabled states on your own
- if you are using 3rd party plugins to change the behaviour of the select elements then WooCombinator maybe won’t work
- PHP 5.3+
- Wordpress 4+, also compatible with 5+
- WooCommerce 3+, 2.5+
Request new features in the comments or on my profile page with a direct message. Thanks!