Weather Widget One – Standalone is a plugin for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world. This is PHP version of the Wordpress plugin “Weather Widget One”
- Geocode auto-complete list for cities and countries
- Responsive (* min-width 250 pixels)
- Auto Detect user location through HTML5 Geolocation
- Search location weather by US, UK, Canada Postalcode, Latitude/Longitude and city name
- 5 Days forecast with 24h forecast foreach day
- Displays temperature (F, C), wind (KPH, MPH, M/S), humidity ( % ) and rain chance ( % )
- jQuery, AJAX, cURL, JSON, Cache
- cURL or file_get_contents enabled.
- forecast.io API key (you can obtain one for free at https://developer.forecast.io/register )
- geonames.org username (you can obtain one for free at http://www.geonames.org/login ) NOTE: After registration enable it on your account page: http://www.geonames.org/manageaccount
- Write permission for storing weather cache data (cache files are stored in \ajax\cache folder)
- Open file wwo/example.php and follow the 2 STEPs described in the file.
- 18 May 2016
- Bug fix where widget was showing day icon during night
- Plugin will now search for nearby city/town when given Lng & Lat coordinates
- Chart.js updated to version 2.1.3
- Plugin inits on document ready instead of window load now.
- Removed scripts: Masonry, no longer needed, jQuery Easing, no longer needed
- 30 April 2016
- Bug fixes where widget sometimes fail to return weather data.
Weather API has been changed to forecast.io since the old one became paid for new users.