About.png Admob.png Audio.png Categories Shadow.png Control_Center_2.jpg Disqus.png Drawer.png Facebook Shadow.png Facebook.png Flickr.png Instagram.png Location Shadow.png Pinterest.png RSS.png RSS_Detail.png Radio.png SoundCloud.png TV.png Tumblr.png Tumblr_Detail.png Twitter.png Video.png WebView.png WebView_2.png WooCommerce Cart 2.png WooCommerce Checkout Complete.png WooCommerce Checkout.png WooCommerce Home.png WooCommerce Product Scrolled.png WooCommerce Product.png WooCommerce Variable Product.png Wordpress_Compact.png Wordpress_Detail_Bottom.png Wordpress_Detail_top.png Wordpress_Image.png Wordpress_Immersive.png Wordpress_Large.png Youtube_Compact.png Youtube_Detail.png Youtube_Immersive.png Youtube_Large.png
- Unlimited Items – You can use & combine as many Blogs, Timelines, Feeds, Channels, Playlists, Stations, Webpages, etc as you want. Optionally add icons and create sections.
- Beautiful Design – We took great care of the UI of this template to make sure it is focussed on your content. Display the articles and videos in styled detail views with parallax scrolling header images and fading navigation bars.
- Completely native – The app is completely based on pure Objective C and layout files and designed for the latest version of IOS.
- Notifications build-in – Support for notifications by OneSignal is completely build in, all you have to do is configure your OneSignal ID and configure your certificates and you can send notifications to your users.
- Admob Banners & Interstitial – It just takes a few seconds to enable banners throughout you app and instantly monetize your application. Also supports interstitials shown during navigation on a configurable interval.
- Customizable & Brand-able – Easily make your app yours by translations and by customizing colors & using your own icons for menu items. You can also choose between multiple styles for your Navigation drawer, for example by setting a header image.
- Tabs & Sliding Menu – Got a lot of content to show? Not a problem, you can use tabs and the sliding menu to show a lot of content in your in an organised and intuitive manner.
- The latest content, endless – Get the latest content using official API’s and display them in media-enhanced endless lists, just scroll down to load more. No server required.
- In App Purchases* – Provide your users with the option to remove ads and/or unlock additional content with a quick in-app purchase to monetise your app.
- NativeWeb Technology™ – Never before has the Web been this beautiful. We inject custom CSS to HTML based descriptions of RSS and Wordpress descriptions to optimize the page for the device’s screen and create an unified look.
- Social – Let your users share content from your app to other apps
- Connection Manager – No connection message when no internet. Error handling is also integrated.
- In-App Videoplayer – Let users play youtube videos without even having to leave your application!
- About Dialog – Display about dialog with a link to your own contact page.
- Internet handling – No connection? No problem, we’ll let your users know.
- Great Documentation – Step by step instructions on how to configure your template from scratch.
ProvidersWe support many content providers with Universal to ensure you can show content from all across the web. * Wordpress to show your Wordpress blog posts, either from Wordpress.com or self-hosted Wordpress sites, in your app. * Youtube to show Youtube channels, Youtube playlists or live videos right in your app. * Radio so you users can listen to Radio or Shoutcast/Icecast streams in your app, with metadata/now playing information and automated album art. * WooCommerce functionality to integrate your WooCommerce Store into your app, users can browse products, add them to the cart, checkout, login and view their recent orders. * WebView is available to show webpages, either online or offline. * Facebook to show your Facebook Page feed. * TV & Live Streams to show live TV and video streams in HD. * SoundCloud to play SoundCloud playlists and user uploads. * RSS and Podcasts to show RSS feeds and articles in your app, optionally with Audio. * Instagram, to show your Instagram posts. * Tumblr, to show a gallery of Tumblr user images. * Flickr, to show a Flickr gallery or album. * Twitter to show tweets based on a hashtag, query or username. * Maps, to show GeoJSON locations in your app. * Pinterest to show a Pinterest Board. * Wordpress Audio, to create an MP3 or ringtones app and let users listen to your hosted audio in your app. Above in the description you’ll find a more detailed description of each content provider and screenshots.
CompatibilityWorks with the most popular RSS XML sources & formats, our parser will even search for a thumbnail in the description if none are provided by the feed. Works with Youtube Channels & Playlists. Works with self hosted Wordpress sites with version 2.8 or higher. While most Wordpress themes and plugins should be compatible with our plugin, we can not guarantee full 3rd party plugin and theme support. Radio player works with media formats supported by AVPlayer. In order to comply with App Store submission guidelines, all hosted remote resources you use with Universal need to be IPV6 compatible. Universal for IOS currently has no RTL support built-in.
Universal is compatible with all iDevices and uses Storyboards & Autolayouts. Please keep in mind that the compatibility and features of Universal for IOS may be different from Universal for Android. We recommend to edit Universal for IOS in at least Xcode 10.
Questions & DemoIf you have any questions regarding this template, you can always ask your question in the comments section.
Can I run this on Windows? Compiling the template requires XCode, which can only run on OSX. However, you can install OSX on your machine as a dual boot or in a virtual machine. Alternative, you can use a service like like MacInCloud to run OSX and Xcode from the cloud. And finally, you can consider hiring to compile the template for you, you can hire us or hire someone elsewhere.
SupportFor support, please visit our support website.
V4.2 - Wordpress has new layout, related posts, category chips and image slider - Added Wordpress Audio provider (JetPack API only) - Youtube has new layout - RSS is faster and has new layout - Radio has a new layout, and shows metadata in Control Center - RSS, Wordpress, Youtube, Radio, WebView, TV, SoundCloud are Rewritten in Swift - WooCommerce product image slider, external/affiliate product support - Option to change menu text colors - Improved layouts for iPad and landscape iPhone - Compact, Large, and Immersive layout styles for Wordpress, RSS & Youtube V4.1 -Support for IOS 12 and XCode 10 -Performance improvements & bugfixes V4.0 -WooCommerce added! -Flickr added! -Youtube Live added! -New (light) navigation layout -New layout for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest -Overall layout improvements -Bugfixes and performance improvements -Twitter 280 character support -Use of CocoaPods V3.2 -IOS 11 & Xcode 9 support -Iphone X support -Bugfixes V3.1 -Content defined in configuration files -Support for remote configuration! -Overview screens -GeoJSON support for maps -IAP for unlocking menu items -Basic support for RSS podcasts -WP Rest API featured images support -Bugfixes and stability improvements V3.0.1 - Support for SoundCloud Playlists - Support for Custom Items (launch apps/urls) - Bugfix for when using more than 5 tabs - Stability improvements and optimisations V3.0 - Support for Tabs! - Pinterest! - Live Video Stream Support (TV)! - Support for Wordpress.com/JetPack! - Basic Support for WP Rest API. - In-app purchases (to remove advertisements) - Admob Interstitials - Sliding Menu header logo (optional) - WebView file upload support - Layout improvements for Youtube & RSS - Bugfixes and performance improvements - New Youtube Player - Updated OneSignal/Admob/SDWebImage/etc - Basic WP REST API support V2.2.1 - IOS10 & XCode 8 optimisations - Stability improvements V2.2 - Wordpress Comments over Disqus - Search for Wordpress & Youtube - Bug fixes and optimizations V2.1 -SoundCloud -Notifications over OneSignal -New Radio layout with metadata support (now playing info) for Shoutcast. -WebView pull-to-refresh -WebView optimizations for loading and navigation buttons -Drawer is hidden when only 1 item is added -Language translation support -Wordpress Imagery improvements -Instagram Token fix -Documentation & code optimizations V2.0 -Rewritten with StoryBoard & Autolayout -Support for all devices (iPad mini, iPad air, iPad, iPad Pro, iPhone plus) -Support for Split-View -Improved for IOS9 -In-App background radio playing -Bug fixes V1.2 - Admob - IOS 9 & XCode 7 support - Bugfixes and improvements V1.1 - iAd integration - Minor improvements V1.0 Initial release*In-App purchases require an extended license.