Inspired by the new Themeforest template category I decided to create a PHP script which will allow you to manage your “Under Construction” pages much more efficiently. It will allow you to set the countdown timer and easily add progress updates at any time.
The Under Construction Builder is completely flat-file driven and comes with an admin interface which allows you to:
- Configure the countdown timer
- Add progress updates in percent
- Add progress update status messages
- Completely flat-file driven – no database required!
It also comes with a PHP include file which will allow you to:
- Show the countdown timer anywhere on a page
- Show the current progress anywhere on a page
- Show all previous progress messages anywhere on a page
Use the basic template supplied and style it to your liking, or easily integrate the code into an existing “Under Construction” page.
All of the code is extensively commented and should (i hope!) be easy enough to modify. It is styled entirely by CSS which should make it easy to style to fit your website design.
Direct link to the live preview:
Username and password for the Live Preview are both “admin”
The JQuery countdown timer is written entirely by Keith Wood at http://keith-wood.name/countdown.html