Are you looking for a way to make money with your Ultimate Member Community / Membership? Look no further! Purchase UMS, the affordable Ultimate Member extension for WooCommerce subscriptions. How it works? UMS creates new WooCommerce products for membership plans, based on WP user roles.
UM-SWITCHER is the perfect solution for a wide audience that wants to make money with a Membership / Community website ’’without auto recurring payment’’.
- Theme and Plugin authors that offer paid support.
- Freelancer website, sell subscriptions for access contact details.
- Jobsites, sell access to contact details and more.
- Consulting sites, sell access to contact details and more.
- Video websites, give access to video’s for a limited time. (even 15 min.)
- Model website, sell subscriptions for access to portfolio + contact details.
- Sell subscriptions for your White papers or service.
- And many more.. The possibilities are endless.
Ultimate Member WordPress Plugin
Create your own online Free community with the World’s most popular Community & User Profile WordPress Plugin. The plugin is available for free from the wordpress.org repository. UM is one of the most professional membership plugins on the market today.
Powered by WooCommerce
Um-switcher is powered by WooCommerce, the best and free e-commerce solution. Create your um-switcher product and sell your subscriptions in just minutes.
- Create subscription products: days, hours and even minutes.
- Create memberships with fixed End date (new feature since 2.0)
- Send email reminders, the perfect marketing Tool to increase re-subscriptions.
- Restrict your UM custom fields based on user roles.
- Restrict pages, post, menu items and custom profile fields.
- Sell your um-switcher product easy via WooCommerce.
- UMS product button customizable to your own liking (new feature since 2.1)
- Email template included, or use your third party plugin.
- Easily create a cronjob for accurate sending reminders (easy feature since 2.1)
- 5 minutes setup, easy installation support available
- Re-direct option after checkout (new feature since 2.1)
- Change manual subscription start and end date (new feature since 2.1)
UM-Switchers’ alternative for recurring payment
We have designed UM-Switcher without the need of using an auto recurring payment provider like PayPal or Stripe. We didn’t want to use those for 2 reasons:
1. We want to offer a more customer friendly way for re-subscribing. Therefore we decided to add the Email reminder system instead. When a client‘s subscription is about to expire, the system sends an email on autopilot including link to your subscription page. You have total freedom, and combined with a discount coupon you will have a great marketing tool.
The thought: Happy and loyal subscribers keep coming back without the need of an auto recurring payment plan. Our own experience is that it’s an annoying method of keeping members. Some of you will disagree and that’s fine too.
2. With PayPal it’s not 100% guaranteed that you get your money. Even after 6 months chargebacks are possible. And, there is nothing you can do about it and your money will be gone forever.
To use this extension you have to install the following Wordpress plugins, both are free available from your WordPress Plugin Dashboard.
We cannot emphasise enough how important a good hosting provider is, that offers a cronjob option, and is ready for WordPress and WooCommerce. A simple shared hosting is somtimes not sufficient combined with Ultimate Member and some extra add-ons.
We see sites are sometimes not available for a moment on shared hosting platforms. We also see that some server settings are not able to handle WordPress websites properly. These kinds of issues are not covered by item-support (via Envato and us). Cost of researching hosting providers extend the revenue we make on sales of our plugin.
Besides that, we assume you want to make money with you website and this is the main purpose of Um-switcher. A community website requires stable and fast hosting! Your visitors expect a fast loading website and will leave your webpage soon if it’s loading slowly. For a small website, a low-budget hosting may work, for a full-blown membership you can forget about it.
- Hosting offers a cronjob feature.
- Hosting ready for WordPress, WooCommerce and Ultimate member. (See their websites for information about requirements)
- Preferable PHP version 7 and up; php 7 is much faster and some older versions can have issues.
We offer support on weekdays from 10.00 – 18.00 hours Dutch Time. Visit www.umswitcher.com for 1 on 1 support. Our support staff will answer all your questions within 24 hours and sometimes even faster.
Update to 2.1
Since 2.1 UMS works on the default WordPress user roles, you need to update your member user roles.
- Visit Ultimate member/User roles and check your user roles. For more info about the new user roles visit ultimatemember.com
- Visit WooCommerce/Products and open your UMS product and scroll to ‘Select User Roles’ select the user role and hit save! (always hit save for the new user roles to be applied)
Version 3.3 – 4-02-2021
FIXED: WooCommerce 4.9.2 compatibility issue
Version 3.0 – 16-07-2020
FIXED: Fixed Ajax issue
FIXED: Fixed Cronjob link issue
FIXED: Roles, reminders and subscription.
UPDATE: Expiration display on Profile / UM-shortcode field / use short-code: [UMSWITCHER-PROFILE-SUBSCRIPTION]
Version 2.5 – 30-07-2019
FIXED: Fixed Cronjob issue
FIXED: Roles Update
Version 2.4 – 13-03-2019
UPDATE: Reminder 1 and 2 manual update from the subscription tab
NEW: Manual Update Roles from the subscription tab
NEW: New histories tab for users with admin notes.
NEW: New Dashboard Design
FIXED: Mobile Responsiveness
Version 2.3 – 15-10-2018
Fixed Subcription Date field on User Profile
UPDATE/ACTION REQUIRED: Admin should regenerate new UMS subscription date field and hit save. (For those user who can see HTML codes only for old accounts)
NEW: Subscription Date – Added a text when user had no subscription
NEW: Remove Header Image in Subscription Tab for better loading speed
UPDATE: Fixed styling issues on mobile and desktop.
NEW: Add Pop Up window “SAVED DATE” with refresh button
UPDATE: Display clients name on Overview list Portrait mobile
Version 2.2 – 04-09-2018
FIXED: roles not updating
Version 2.1 – 07-05-2018
NEW: Default WP User Roles system
REMOVED: Community roles since Ultimate member 2.0
NEW: UMS Product button (see settings) add your custom text e.g. Sign Up Now
NEW: Enabling admin users to modify the date of subscriptions
NEW: Added a note on umswitcher subscription when an order from WC is deleted
NEW: warning popup when deleting a subscription from UM-Switcher Overview
NEW: WordPress properties for cronjob (see settings/server settings)
UPDATE: desktop/mobile styling issues
UPDATE: fix date picker design issue
UPDATE: on-hold and auto complete orders
UPDATE: UM 2.0 hooks and variables updated
REMOVED: SAVE icon from UM-Switcher Overview
REMOVED: Add to Cart Button Default Values for umswitcher product
REMOVED: File handling codes
Version 2.0.9 – 05-10-2017
NEW: on-hold and auto complete orders
Version 2.0.8 – 25-09-2017
CHECK: spaces on the footer removed on umswticher.php
Version 2.0.7 – 18-09-2017
FIXED: Orders auto complete problem
NEW: Predefined Field Display expire date
Version 2.0.6 – 23-08-2017
CHECK: Cronjob vs wp-refresh crojob
Version 2.0.5 – 23-08-2017
CHECK: Cronjob connect errors
Version 2.0.4 – 22-08-2017
UPDATE: Updates on the database and codes – Default value is invalid for product type.
Version 2.0.3 – 9-08-2017
UPDATE: Auto generation of files in root directory being used in file handling
Version 2.0.2 – 8-08-2017
UPDATE: Moving files to root directory
Version 2.0.1 – 2-08-2017
UPDATE: Change date formats
Version 2.0 – 16-07-2017
NEW: End date Product
NEW: Admin panel
Version 1.2.8 – 13-04-2017
UPDATE: WooCommerce 3.0
UPDATE Change add to cart template in um-switcher as WooCommerce template changed
UPDATE Change product type extended wp_product_simple to wc_product
UPDATE At Refresh cron job page change checkmail condition yes and no to on and off
UPDATE Change order access functions in um_switcher.php
UPDATE Change default value to off at email template settings
UPDATE Change conditions at time of product save class-um-switcher-meta-box.php
ADD: Add Dashboard widget for plugin summary
Version 1.2.7 – 03-03-2017
FIXED: email template option saving issue for email template
FIXED: multi-site Network settings issue
Version 1.2.6 – 01-03-2017
FIXED: notice from order page when new user purchase product
FIXED: notice from email template and overview page
FIXED: page navi not showing
Version 1.2.5 – 03-02-2017
UPDATE code at um-switcher/um-switcher.php on line 752
UPDATE code at um-switcher/um-switcher.php on line 817
Version 1.2.4 – 21-01-2017
FIXED: Send test mail character cutting issue.
Version 1.2.3 – 16-12-2016
FIXED: deprecate issue for user role.
Version 1.2.2 – 09-12-2016
FIXED: Minor issue with email template
Version 1.2.1 – 08-12-2016
NEW: Gets Timezone from default WordPress settings
Version 1.2 – 29-11-2016
NEW: Search filter and pagination subscribers overview page.
Version 1.1 – 23-11-2016
NEW: Set email template in reminder mail.
Version 1.0 – 20-10-2016
Ultimate member WordPress Plugin, WooCommerce WordPress Plugin, Umswitcher WordPress Plugin, Membership, subscription for memberships, Themedutch, Restrict content, Ultimate member user Roles switcher, Custom User Profile, suitable for model websites, freelancer websites, marketing websites, paid support websites and many more…