Very unique. Good luck with the sales.
Not sure of your tone, but thank you for the comment.
I was looking into something like this years ago when I wanted to create a topic debating platform. Brilliantly done. Makes me want to revisit the idea of that website!
Hehe, glad you like it, thanks for your appreciation.
Good luck with sales. I got a couple of questions before I buy it:
1) Is it compatible with MU?
2) Does your plugin work with Custom Post Types as well?
Hello qqruza, thank you for your support.
1) Unfortunately it is not yet fully compatible with MU. I have already started to look into it, and looking to add this functionality in the next release, hopefully very soon.
2) For now it works just with post types, but I think i can help you make it work for all custom post types by changing just one line in the configuration file, so you don’t have to wait for this change in the next release.
Let me know if I can help further more.
As promised, i have launched a new version as you requested that now supports MU and you can also setup the plugin to work with any custom post types you are using on your blog.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know!
Do you have any support adress? i need to ask you something.
You can contact me anytime at email@example.com and I will reply as soon as possible.
I agree with wpthemers, this is a unique plugin, and by that we mean that it’s good to see something different appearing on Code Canyon, and not yet another slider.
Good luck with sales, this is something that I will be getting at some point for my site.
Thank you for your appreciation, I am glad to see other people like my idea.
If there is anything else you would like to see added to this plugin, or any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to complete it.
Sometimes it is good to keep it simple. Once you start adding loads of additions, it can get confusing to use.
I think it is good the way it is right now, as it does the job.
If there was anything added, maybe a widget that could show a list of debates.
I notice that debate shows side-by-side. Is there a way to showcase top and bottom?
Hi sypordeath, thank you for your purchase!
Surely it’s possible, it’s just a matter of CSS adjustment. If you’re comfortable adjusting the CSS yourself, i could send you the changes to apply manually, or I will start working on a general update and include this feature, but might take a bit of time.
Let me know,
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty comfortable with CSS . If possible, can you send me that file to hold me until the next update? my email is firstname.lastname@example.org – Thanks again.
Sent you an email but here is the fix if anybody else is questioning this:
In order for the debate to be shown one under another, rather than side by side, you need to make the following CSS adjustment:
- In the file style.css located in the plugin folder, at line 33, you will find the class “.post_footer”. There you will see the width set to “46%”, and you need to set it to something higher than “50%”. I recommend using “79%” or however you like it the best.
*Note: Please make a backup of the file before making any changes, just to be sure you have a copy.
Let me know if there are any other questions.
It was something I was really looking for. Anyways, before I buy it, please let me know if we can increase the number of authors from 2 to 3? I have a requirement wherein Admin creates a post and then selects 2 or 3 distinguished panelists (authors) to comment on that post. So, the post comes above and below it, depending on the number of authors, 2 or 3 columns of Author views are to be shown. Also, these views should be available individually also for a person to see. Eg: A person wants to see Mary’s comments on different topics.
I can see that most of the requirements are being met by your plugin but there is a limitation of 2 authors which is something that I’d like to change.
Also, can you post a video of the Admin Functionality so that we can have a better feel of the functionality.
I will try to include this feature in my next update, although I need to consider if i want to add this extra option, or just keep it simple.
If you wish to have it done separately for your company, i am available for custom work. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com for specifics.
Are you considering updating the plugin so that more than 2 authors can be selected?
Yes, I am considering this, though it will be hard to estimate a release date.
When the votes increase numerically, what column in the database is it saved to? I would like to create a .php page that calls the scores and posts them on a leader board
Also, is it possible for me to go into the .php files and change the permissions from editor to something lower (like subscriber) (I don’t want people logging in and being able to delete anything, which is what editors can do). I need authors to have access to this plugin and enter their debate, but I can’t have them accessing anything else in the administration panel, so I need a lower membership level.
Thank you for your kind words. The votes are saved in the “prefix”.two_authors_rating database table. You can pull your information from there and set up a leader board.
You are right about permission level, i will work on this as well to offer a better solution. Meanwhile, you can edit the index.php plugin file, inside the php function named “two_auth_class_meta_box” you will see the ”$args” array. There you can see the “who” key being set to “authors”. For more information please consult the Wordpress Codex : http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_dropdown_users.
If I can help you with anything else please let me know!
Hi, the Two Authors panels for my custom post types are not showing up. I have to use the custom fields panel to assign authors and copy and paste topics. Is there a way to fix this?
Edit: Nevermind, I for some reason overlooked the settings that plainly says: Enable for custom post types. _
Hi, I am getting errors from the plugin whenever I update my post using it:
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/14/10388814/html/wp-content/plugins/two-authors/post_template.php on line 124 and defined in /home/content/14/10388814/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/14/10388814/html/wp-content/plugins/two-authors/post_template.php on line 9 and defined in /home/content/14/10388814/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
Is there a way to fix this or will there be an update soon?
Thank you for reporting this bug, I will release a fix as soon as possible and let you know about it.
Thank you very much! Also, could there be an add-on to where multiple authors could be added to the debate instead of just two?
Sorry for the delay, I have fixed the errors now and reuploaded fresh files with the fixes included. Currently waiting for them to be approved.
Sure thing regarding your last question, I will think about it and see if I can release an update that will allow multiple authors instead of just two.
Please let me know if you encounter any other problems.
Ok, thank you. I will download it as soon as its available.
You are welcome, the files are now updated, you can download the plugin with the new updates.
Hi, i’m interested in this plugin. I have 2 questions…
1. Can the 2nd author see what the first author wrote in the back end? Or they can only see their own post entry field?
2. If one author posts, but the other hasn’t posted, does it show the first authors post on the front end? Or it waits until both have posted? Or is that controlled by the admin?
Thank you for your interest! To answer your questions:
1. No, there is currently no preview option set, however this is an interesting idea, will make a note of it and perhaps include it in the next update.
2. Yes, the post is shown on the front end even if one user didn’t add anything yet. However, you can control this as an admin, by setting the post as a “Draft”, thus it will not be shown on your site untill both users have added their content.
Please let me know if anything else is not clear.
Thanks for the response. So if i understand it correctly,
1) Each author can only see their own entry in the backend.
2) As topic entries are made, they show up on the front end unless the whole post is in draft mode. If the post is in draft, none of the topics can be seen.
So all the different topics are under one post.
One more question, can authors go back and edit their topic posts after it’s been published?
1) Correct, they can see their own entries only in the backend.
2) Correct again, all topics are defined within each post, and the post options allows you to display it or keep it as a draft.
3) Yes, the regular post editing capabilities are still available for authors, they can go back at any time and edit their entries.
Glad you are interested in this, and if you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Is it possible to let commenters pick which side they want to comment on? This is really close to an idea we have and could really work if so!
Very sorry for the late reply, I’m not sure how I missed your question.
The answer is yes, the admin can choose a specific commenter for each side.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Very interesting plugin.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Is this plugin being actively updated, or is it stable and not being updated very regularly?
2. Is this plugin different from the https://wordpress.org/plugins/oxford-debate/ plugin? If so, how?
3. If you’re not currently developing it, can I hire you to add more functionality and design to a version I want to develop? If so, what address should I contact you at?
1) Yes, whenever I need to do an update to be compatible with Wordpress, I’ll set it up.
2) I am not sure how that plugin works, I can’t find an working example, do you have any links to it?
3) Of course, I am a freelancer available for work, if you need any custom help with this plugin, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Hello, I have a question about this debate plugin. If someone registers on my website, and they automatically get “author privileges” , can they start debate topics? If they start a debate topic, and someone else sees that debate topic in the front end, and is interested in debating that topic, do they just join the debate?
How do people start debates? How do they join a debate? Must the webmaster open the debate then ask others to participate, then manually give people access to debating the topic? Or is it a process where the users create the topic of debates and then participate in debates they’ve created or others users have created? Could you please clarify. Thank you very much.
1/Does this plug-in function by a multisite?
2/Does this plug-in function in PHP7.1?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $5.50
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work