TimelineCast is an application template built on top of Ionic and FFmpeg SDK, that demonstrates how to leverage FFmpeg to stream a pre-recorded video to Facebook Live using the custom PhoneGap/native plugin “FFmpeg API”.
Connect & stream live pre-recorded videos from your photo library, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, and any other document service to Facebook Live.
- Download your videos from your photo library or any cloud service and stream it as live content right on your Facebook Timeline
- Share your videos instantly live with anyone in a convenient way!
- Fully compatible with video files and cloud document services.
- Connect and set the appropriate privacy settings. You can share your stream with the public or your friends or the friends of your friends or just you!
4 Easy Steps to share a video:
- Launch TimelineCast
- Connect and enter the stream description and set your desired privacy level
- Choose the pre-recorded video that you want to share
- Stream it live for anyone to watch
Your stream is available on your timeline!The plugin offers two functionalities:
- Stream video content to any rtmp(s) server (not just Facebook Live but also YouTube and many more)
- Convert video content to HLS (m3u8). There are numerous options that are well documented
As mentioned earlier, the plugin can be used in a PhoneGap/Ionic app but also native app may find it more straightforward than alternatives such as pulling FFmpeg build instructions from a GitHub repo.