This week we are offering up to 50% off on all our WordPress plugins! Just visit our CodeCanyon page and pick the plugins you want from there. Be quick, as the offer ends Sunday, May 27th.
Over time, WordPress sites can greatly grow in size due to file uploads that are left unused. These can be safely removed with Theia Upload Cleaner, a plugin that deep-scans your entire database to check for any files that are not referenced any more in any page, post, 3rd-party plugin or the media library. Most of these files are images and their associated thumbnails. Before a clean-up, a backup is always made so that you can safely check your website to ensure everything is working properly.
Note that it is always recommended to make a full backup of your own before running a clean-up, just in case.
Theia Upload Cleaner has two key-features:
- The deep-scanning algorithm that searches your entire database for any reference to your files, regardless of the format its stored in: plain-text, serialized objects, or JSON objects. This ensures that all references are properly found and only unnecessary files are cleaned.
- The automatic backups that give you complete peace of mind. Files are never actually removed during clean-up, but instead they are moved to a backup location. You can always verify that your site is running properly and no needed files were affected. Afterwards, the backups can be easily removed to gain more space.
- Safely cleans your Uploads folder.
- Move your unused media library items to the trash so you can review them.
- You can run a simulation without any actual clean-up involved.
- Automatically creates backups.
- One-click clean and one-click restore
- Deep-scans your entire database.
- Compatible with virtually any properly-coded plugin
- Receive support and upgrades.
- High-quality code complete with comments.
2.0.0 – 2018-04-12
- Added new experimental feature: Clean up media library.
- Improved cleanup speed.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
1.3.0 – 2016-10-21
- Added option to exclude certain tables.
- Fixed websites that are using both HTTP and HTTPS.
- Fixed compatibility with PHP 5.3 and lower.
- Other improvements and fixes.
1.2.0 – 2016-08-11
- Added option to exclude folders from clean-up.
- Empty folders are now cleaned as well.
- Improved compatibility with other plugins.
1.1.0 – 2016-06-30
- Greatly improved clean up algorithm.
- Added option to clean up image thumbnails and regenerate them on-the-fly when needed.
- Lowered memory requirements.
1.0.5 – 2016-05-27
- Fixed compatibility with multisites.
1.0.4 – 2016-04-16
- Greatly improved media gallery scanning algorithm.
- Improved compatibility with low-memory servers.
1.0.3 – 2016-03-29
- Fix scanning of serialized and self-referencing objects.
- Improved progress bar responsiveness.
1.0.2 – 2016-03-28
- Bug fixes.
1.0.1 – 2016-03-24
- Improved scanning of serialized data.
- Improved scanning of Media Library entries.
1.0.0 – 2016-03-23
- Initial release.