Over time, WordPress sites can greatly grow in size due to file uploads that are left unused. These can be safely removed with Theia Upload Cleaner, a plugin that deep-scans your entire database to check for any files that are not referenced any more in any page, post, 3rd-party plugin or the media library. Most of these files are images and their associated thumbnails. Before a clean-up, a backup is always made so that you can safely check your website to ensure everything is working properly.
Theia Upload Cleaner has two key-features:
- The deep-scanning algorithm that searches your entire database for any reference to your files, regardless of the format its stored in: plain-text, serialized objects, or JSON objects. This ensures that all references are properly found and only unnecessary files are cleaned.
- The automatic backups that give you complete peace of mind. Files are never actually removed during clean-up, but instead they are moved to a backup location. You can always verify that your site is running properly and no needed files were affected. Afterwards, the backups can be easily removed to gain more space.
- Safely cleans your Uploads folder.
- You can run a simulation without any actual clean-up involved.
- Automatically creates backups.
- One-click clean and one-click restore
- Deep-scans your entire database.
- Compatible with virtually any properly-coded plugin
- Receive support and upgrades.
- High-quality code complete with comments.
- Please note that items are never removed from your Media Library, as those are still in-used by WordPress. You can remove some of their thumbnails, however.
1.3.0 – 2016-10-21
- Added option to exclude certain tables.
- Fixed websites that are using both HTTP and HTTPS.
- Fixed compatibility with PHP 5.3 and lower.
- Other improvements and fixes.
1.2.0 – 2016-08-11
- Added option to exclude folders from clean-up.
- Empty folders are now cleaned as well.
- Improved compatibility with other plugins.
1.1.0 – 2016-06-30
- Greatly improved clean up algorithm.
- Added option to clean up image thumbnails and regenerate them on-the-fly when needed.
- Lowered memory requirements.
1.0.5 – 2016-05-27
- Fixed compatibility with multisites.
1.0.4 – 2016-04-16
- Greatly improved media gallery scanning algorithm.
- Improved compatibility with low-memory servers.
1.0.3 – 2016-03-29
- Fix scanning of serialized and self-referencing objects.
- Improved progress bar responsiveness.
1.0.2 – 2016-03-28
- Bug fixes.
1.0.1 – 2016-03-24
- Improved scanning of serialized data.
- Improved scanning of Media Library entries.
1.0.0 – 2016-03-23
- Initial release.