Quickly convert text, word, pdf, and other documents to speech and save results to MP3 files using Windows Text-to-Speech Engine and voice synthesizer.
What You Get:
- Professional, high-quality software
- Install and run in just a few clicks!
- Very light weight – less than 10MB
- Fully-functional, transferable license
- Basic support in case you have problems
- Free updates for the current version
- Product customization upon request
How it Works:
Step 1 – Specify Text to Convert
- Paste text from clipboard
- Load text from text files
- Load text from Word document (doc, docx, rtf), e-book, pdf file
Step 2 – Choose Speaker Voice & Adjust Speech Settings
- Once you have specified input text, you can select desired voice (speaker) and adjust various speech and pronunciation settings.
- Choose any available voice including gender (male / female) and language (from a list of installed and enabled Microsoft Text-to-Speech Engine voices)
- Adjust voice rate (speed), volume, and emphasis
Step 3 – Specify Sound Quality Options & Convert to MP3
When you have configured speech settings and are happy with the input text you can convert text to MP3 or WAV file.
-Supports multiple languages
- Synthesizes speech using configurable voice
- Voice control options include speaker’s gender, tempo, speed, emphasis, and volume
- Records and outputs either wav or mp3 files
- One or two audio channels: mono / stereo output
- Control recorded sound quality using effective bit rate: bits per sample and samples per second settings
- Can open and read most text documents in most encodings
- Can read documents in doc, rtf, and pdf formats
- Automatically improves and fixes text to make it compatible with speech synthesis (for example it can remove hyphenation)
- Can use any of the installed Text-to-Speech voices
- Uses Microsoft Speech Synthesizer available with Windows
- Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine supports Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML)
Available Languages & Voices
- Voices and language support varies depending on your version of Windows and installed speech languages.
- The program supports any voices compatible withe either Windows Speech API, or Microsoft Speech Platform.
- Commercial voices such as those provided by IVONA are supported too.
- For starters, you can install new voices via Control Panel – Language.
- To get Microsoft Speech Platform based voices (in addition to those provided by Windows by default or available from Control Panel):
- Install Microsoft Speech Platform Runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27225
- Download and install the actual Speech Platform voices (MSSpeech_TTS_* files): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224
Word, pdf, rtf, and other documents may need to be opened in their respective programs depending on the exact format version and features used.