Tax Display by Country for WooCommerce allows you to display your product prices with our without taxes, depending on your visitors’ country, and to pre-select checkout country automatically. When you sell internationally, customers can get confused by the prices, as they might contain VAT/Tax which doesn’t apply to every sale. Also, some customers overlook the country field at checkout and en up entering an incorrect address, or getting validation errors. Those factors combined can easily drive a potential customer away. Our product will remove those obstacles and help you increasing sales.
This plugin is fully compatible with our other products:
- WooCommerce Currency Switcher, currently the leading multi-currency solution for WooCommerce.
- Prices by Country, our solution to allow charging different prices depending on customer’s location (this plugin can work with our Currency Switcher to give unprecedented pricing flexibility).
- EU VAT Assistant, our free premium plugin to help you becoming compliant with the new EU VAT MOSS regulations.
How it works
Once enabled, the Plugin will allow you to configure how prices should be displayed for each country. You can decide to show prices with tax or without tax for some countries, and do something different for other countries. After configuring the plugin, prices will be displayed automatically with our without tax, based on visitors’ country, which is detected automatically, using geolocation, and assumed to be used for the billing address.
Upon checkout, the customer will see the country field already populated and, if he wishes, he will be able to select another country. Such selection will be stored by the plugin for the current session, so that the prices will be refreshed and displayed with the correct tax. Additionally, the plugin implements a widget, which you can display on your site to allow your visitors to choose the billing country before they reach checkout, so that price display can be updated automatically.
This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
- Fully compatible with our WooCommerce Currency Switcher plugin, currently the leading multi-currency solution for WooCommerce.
- Extremely easy to use
- Allows to display prices with or without tax, depending on visitors’ country.
- Automatically detects visitors’ country, with price accordingly displayed with/without taxes.
- Allows to keep product prices fixed, including taxes, independently from what tax rate applies to customers (available in v18.104.22.168109 and later). Note: the fixed prices feature does not apply to shipping, yet, as WooCommerce always considers shipping costs as “exclusive of tax”.
- Pre-selects the checkout country automatically.
- Includes a widget to allow your visitors to choose their billing country before they reach checkout.
- Allows to specify a price suffix for each tax display rule.
- Allows visitors to declare themselves exempt from tax and always see tax-exclusive prices.
Installation and configuration
Plugin is distributed with comprehensive documentation, with step by step instructions covering installation and configuration.
- WordPress 3.6 or later
- PHP 5.3 or later
- WooCommerce 2.1.x to 2.6.x
- Aelia Foundation Classes plugin for WooCommerce22.214.171.124105 or later (available free of charge, installed automatically as needed).
Change log (most recent)
* Improved validation of Ajax request. Invalid requests are now simply ignored.
* Fixed display bug with currency selector. The “Change Location” button is now displayed correctly when the Tax Display plugin is used together with other Aelia plugins.
* Fixed bug with “fixed prices” feature and city names with special characters. The bug could cause the “fixed prices” feature not to work properly to fail if the city name contained special characters, such as the umlaut, or special accents.
* Fixed the shortcodes for the country selector widget. The shortcodes were not rendering properly due to a typo in the name of the callback function.
* Added new `wc_aelia_tdbc_keep_prices_fixed` filter. The filter will allow to decide dynamically if prices should be kept fixed, based on custom logic. * Improved support for minicart. Added logic the refresh of the minicart when a country is selected using the country selector widget.
* Removed notice related to the “State” on cart page. The notice appeared when the customer calculated the shipping without selecting a State.
* Fixed conflict with shipping calculator. The shipping country is no longer overwritten when the shipping calculator is used.
* Fixed bug in tax calculation on cart page. The bug caused the “fixed prices” feature to be ignored when the shipping calculator available on the cart was used.
* Improved support for WooCommerce 2.4.7. Added logic to create a dynamic cache hash for prices with/without taxes.
* Fixed caching issue caused by WooCommerce 2.4. Added logic to clear product cache when plugin settings are saved. This will ensure that product prices are displayed with or without tax, according to the new settings.
* Updated download link for Aelia Foundation Classes.
* Improved performance in WooCommerce 2.4. The latest version of WooCommerce is slower in returning the data required by the plugin. The logic behind the Tax Display plugin has been optimised to compensate for this issue.
* Fixed bug caused by WooCommerce 2.4. The bug affected the “keep prices fixed” feature, whose logic kept running in an infinite loop, in some WooCommerce configurations. The cause was a change in the logic used to retrieve shop’s base location, which triggered filters and actions unexpectedly.
* Fixed bug caused by WooCommerce 2.4. Altered code to handle the new Ajax action triggered when the order is reviewed at checkout.
* Fixed incompatibility with Bundles plugin. The bug caused an error to be thrown, in some circumstances, when viewing a “bundle” product.
* Wrapped the price suffix in a
span element. This will simplify styling.
* Removed redundant call to
* Restored code that was removed by mistake in previous release.
* Added logic to keep prices fixed regardless of what tax rate applies to the customer.
* Dropped support for WooCommerce 2.0.