Opt-In Downloads is a powerful widget, that allows to distribute files through subscriptions. If people want to download something from your website or from third party websites they must submit their contact details. After submission they receive encrypted temporary download link by email. Very simple workflow. All submitted data is saved in database and can be sent to MailChimp, iContact, GetResponse, etc. All saved data can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any other newsletter systems. Script can be easily integrated into any web page, even if it is plain HTML-page. This is a perfect way to extend functionality of your website.
This is a package of Halfdata Admin Panel and Opt-In Downloads plugin. plugin. It allows you to use plugin with any website. Unfortunately, this package is not compatible with old “Subscribe & Download” script. You must install it from scratch.
- Modern and secure opt-in form: CSS3 AJAX-driven opt-in form.
- Encrypted links: subscribers get temporary encrypted links by email.
- Host files wherever you need: you can host your files in local folder, Amazon S3 or any 3rd party server.
- Marketing providers supported: works with MailChimp, AWeber, GetResponse, iContact, Campaign Monitor, Mad Mimi, Benchmark, Sendy and Mailster
- CSV Export: all data can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any newsletter systems.
- Responsive design: opt-in form looks nice on small screens.
- GDPR-ready: enable or disable “terms and conditions” checkbox for opt-in form.
- Shortcode driven: insert shortcodes to place opt-in form.
How to install this package?We created Wizard which helps to install script properly.
- Unpack downloaded archive and upload files to your server.
- Open it in your browser – Wizard will be launched automatically.
- Wizard ask for couple questions. Nothing special – MySQL parameters and admin credentials to access Halfdata Admin Panel.
- Once finished, go to Dashboard and click “Opt-In Downloads” box under “Installed Plugins” section. It activates the plugin.
- Once activated, plugin adds relevant item to Left Side Menu.
- Find “How To Use” submenu. It explains how to embed plugin into your website – nothing difficult, just paste couple JS/HTML-snippets.
What are server requirements?Your server must match the following requirements. All modern servers already do it.
- PHP version 5.5 or higher.
- MySQL version 5.0 or higher.
If you have any questions, please fill free to contact us.
Version 4.01 - 2019-10-28 - Added feature to customize welcome email for each file.